Author Topic: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?  (Read 10539 times)

Offline Minarch

• Justice is coming to all of us.
Re: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?
« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2016, 12:40:46 am »
Why not just stick to the issues the candidates present???  Trump and just defend and put your candidates positions out there?

I find it interesting that the people making the loudest protests are those not voting for either Hillary or Trump......when they've already disengaged from the General election  which looks to be Trump and Hillary.

None of us have disengaged from anything just because we're voting for neither of those liberals, but thanks for the concern.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #226 on: July 04, 2016, 12:50:19 am »
Why not just stick to the issues the candidates present???  Trump and just defend and put your candidates positions out there?

Some people can't do that without lying and that's where a problem starts.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:50:48 am by RoosGirl »

Silver Pines

« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2016, 12:50:52 am »
I have permission from Mystery-AK to post part of this PM discussion between us.  She's juggling assaults from all sides and attempting to keep the board from going into full-tilt raucous sewer, but she thought what I wrote valuable enough to share:

If we're going to keep getting slapped on the wrist because every image, every adjective, every word that the snowflakes for Trump find offensive is suddenly banned and we cannot use - then the entire point of a discussion forum is moot and your board will become just another Trump Safe Space.

Which is what I suspect they are attempting to do anyway.

Fighting for liberty is messy and ugly and often cannot be contained by artificial ramparts of civility.  Just as John Adams about that.

I'm not asking for permission to post vulgarity and cursing - but for crying out loud!  Referencing  the most well-known propagandist in history to make a point about the tactics being used by ******** followed in minutes by being slapped down over using the term "Trump Militant"?????  They ARE Militant!  Some of them on social media calling for our deaths!  Sorry, but some of these Trump supporters here sound like the same vocal bullies over at FR, and I'm not even sure the adjective of militant covers it.  I won't tolerate a bully and I'm fed up with the subtle and direct insults they shove in our faces on a daily basis.

Every single negative thing about Trump these people declare offensive, not rational, destructive or supporting of Hillary is now a cassus belli towards the purpose of shutting that commentary and discourse down.

It's what they did at Free Republic, TOL, TB, and a host of other groups and BB boards all over the place.  And I'm watching them do it again here.

They are going to complain, no matter what we say or post and it will get whittled down to the point we cannot state that Trump is lying or wrong about anything.

It's your place, but I don't go into the ring with my hands tied and the ROE so ridiculous that it makes arguing in the arena of ideas pointless.

You are never going to get them to stop calling us Hillary supporters because that is what they truly believe we are.  Likewise you are never going to get me to stop calling them what they are.

Let us fight it out.  You can set limits on cursing, vulgarity and the like - we do not need to become a cesspool.  But if I am a Hillary supporter in all the variations they insinuate and declare, they are certainly militant for Trump and engaged in propaganda that would make Leni Reifeshtahl blush.

Duels at 40 paces over insults to honor were commonplace at the time of our Founding.

I don't care if someone calls me a Hillary supporter, because I'm not and it's absurd.  It happened to me today and I laughed at it.

Why do we have to get in such a rage over it?  It's possible to have strong debate without devolving into fits of anger.

And I think it's presumptuous for us to come over from another site, be offered an internet home, and proceed to tell the owners of this site how to moderate it.  They've been doing it for longer than we've known about the site, and it works, apparently.  WE need to demonstrate the self-control to post within their rules.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #228 on: July 04, 2016, 12:55:47 am »
I find it interesting that the people making the loudest protests are those not voting for either Hillary or Trump......when they've already disengaged from the General election  which looks to be Trump and Hillary.

Disengaged?  Not in the least!

Offline WAC

« Reply #229 on: July 04, 2016, 12:56:01 am »
@WAC , its not a problem. I have had training both in the military and as a civilian to handle taunts, insults, mocking, etc. Really, they have zero effect on me. I do find it funny sometimes because it seems the goal is to get a rise out of me and it fails so badly.

Well I just don't like it when people start spewing the same hatred I just got away from on FR. when it gets that personal.... It accomplishes nothing at all and makes them look like their harboring some deep seeded unfinished business from their own past playing out in the rage over a voters right to choose.

I will defend anyone's right to express themselves even when it gets heated....but there's a point it just goes too far and surpasses the election to something else altogether.....

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #230 on: July 04, 2016, 01:10:28 am »
I don't think we need to be running to the mods for help.

I don't ever run to the mods for help or to complain about someone.

I fight my own battles.

My issue was over having my hands tied behind my back while Trump's militants get to run roughshod because they couch their insults and invective in subtle language such as  NeverTrump voters are 'irrational'; 'Hillary supporters'; 'Put down the bible and set your 'special' brand of Conservatism'  etc., etc.

Meanwhile using the term Trump militants' to refer to the incessant insulters for Trump  - getting slapped down as 'offensive' is the same slippery slope of censorship I've watched happen on other boards that are now Trump Safe Spaces with no dissent permitted.

I don't care if someone calls me a Hillary supporter, because I'm not and it's absurd.  It happened to me today and I laughed at it.

But the Trump people cannot handle being referred to as the Trump Militant. They aren't laughing at it.  They were busy reporting it as offensive. 

And I think it's presumptuous for us to come over from another site, be offered an internet home, and proceed to tell the owners of this site how to moderate it.

I wasn't telling them how to moderate their board.   I actually took my issue via PM to Myst, and she is the one who asked me to post what I did after a redaction. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #231 on: July 04, 2016, 01:14:12 am »
Well I just don't like it when people start spewing the same hatred I just got away from on FR. when it gets that personal.... It accomplishes nothing at all and makes them look like their harboring some deep seeded unfinished business from their own past playing out in the rage over a voters right to choose.

I will defend anyone's right to express themselves even when it gets heated....but there's a point it just goes too far and surpasses the election to something else altogether.....

Here is a clue. They did it there, and they brought it here. Can't get along, anywhere. Argument addicts. In denial, but argument addicts nonetheless.

In AA we call it a "geographic," but when you go somewhere else, you take yourself along.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2016, 01:17:55 am »
After reading the whole day's worth of back-n-forths with all the nasty stuff, I know it comes as no surprise that neither Trump nor Hillary can win (i.e., get 270 Electoral votes).  So, maybe we should band together and vote for a true constitutional patriot in Darrel Castle.  The more support he gets, the better chance that the GOP can be shown the door.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline WAC

« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2016, 01:19:23 am »
Disengaged?  Not in the least!

The reality of this election is that many love this country and are not willing to give up entirely on the party system, even when mine has lost it's way. There's not one single group or individual that has presented a replacement and I'm not about ready to watch the entire system crumble without one.

Further....a lot of damage can be done to the Supreme Court in four years. Three of the eight justices are 77 or older. A decade or more of 6–3 lockstep liberal/progressive decisions is way too frightening for me to even imagine people would not be 'at least' opposing Hillary with their vote.

Had it been my way Cruz would be President.....just for the record.

So yes many I see as disengaged from the obvious election ahead when they are choosing to not vote for our Nominee...like him or not.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2016, 01:25:08 am »
After reading the whole day's worth of back-n-forths with all the nasty stuff, I know it comes as no surprise that neither Trump nor Hillary can win (i.e., get 270 Electoral votes).  So, maybe we should band together and vote for a true constitutional patriot in Darrel Castle.  The more support he gets, the better chance that the GOP can be shown the door.
Here is reality:

In 2008 and 2012, the CP got 0.15 and 0.10 percent of the total votes respectively. For perspective, Buchanan got 0.5 percent in 2000.

REALITY is Castle has no chance, except providing for hours of back and forth banter. The CP has included people like Rev. Chuck Baldwin, Alan Keyes, etc. Folks that many consider to be the fringes, of the fringe.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WAC

« Reply #235 on: July 04, 2016, 01:28:35 am »
Here is a clue. They did it there, and they brought it here. Can't get along, anywhere. Argument addicts. In denial, but argument addicts nonetheless.
In AA we call it a "geographic," but when you go somewhere else, you take yourself along.

"Argument addicts"....might just say it right.... Though I admit I can be highly opinionated, but show me otherwise with a reasonable argument and I might consider changing that opinion....and then sometimes new facts present themselves to reconsider ones position. ...But these dirty and nasty personal attacks are coming from some place other than an election.......and some of them sound as batty as Hillary and Trump!
 :bullie smokin:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2016, 01:29:43 am »

word
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2016, 01:31:01 am »
Here is reality:

In 2008 and 2012, the CP got 0.15 and 0.10 percent of the total votes respectively. For perspective, Buchanan got 0.5 percent in 2000.

REALITY is Castle has no chance, except providing for hours of back and forth banter. The CP has included people like Rev. Chuck Baldwin, Alan Keyes, etc. Folks that many consider to be the fringes, of the fringe.
So in this election I give Trump and Shillary NO CHANCE too!  There is not one shred of polling data that either one can get 270 Electoral votes.  Hillary comes closer than Trump by a long shot.  But no chance.  Besides it is only no chance for the Constitution party if people continue to vote for the DemRat or GOP losers.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #238 on: July 04, 2016, 01:38:44 am »

Right.  because posting threads like this one from the Trump Militant is so productive of anything but an argument.

Bedtime for the #NeverTrump Anger Babies

You people project that which you yourselves engage in.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

« Reply #239 on: July 04, 2016, 01:38:44 am »

Reality is that the Constitution Party platform is quintessentially Conservative, as is Castle, their candidate,to the best of my knowledge (still vetting)...

It will be a ballot  choice in most, if not all states, and a write-in in others. Perfectly valid Conservative choice. Seems like a much better choice than running with the lemmings to install a NYC liberal with a flashing neon 'R' beside his name.

And I am by no means the only one to see it that way.

Without Conservatives, the Republicans will lose - And lose they will.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #240 on: July 04, 2016, 01:40:26 am »
My issue was over having my hands tied behind my back while Trump's militants get to run roughshod because they couch their insults and invective in subtle language such as  NeverTrump voters are 'irrational'; 'Hillary supporters'; 'Put down the bible and set your 'special' brand of Conservatism'  etc., etc.

Then I suggest you learn how to do the same.

Or better still, stop being a complete tit in your self righteousness and grow the bleep up.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #241 on: July 04, 2016, 01:41:10 am »
Reality is that the Constitution Party platform is quintessentially Conservative, as is Castle, their candidate,to the best of my knowledge (still vetting)...

It will be a ballot  choice in most, if not all states, and a write-in in others. Perfectly valid Conservative choice. Seems like a much better choice than running with the lemmings to install a NYC liberal with a flashing neon 'R' beside his name.

And I am by no means the only one to see it that way.

Without Conservatives, the Republicans will lose - And lose they will.

Amen.  That is where my energy is focused.

That, and warring against the Trump militant.

Silver Pines

« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2016, 01:45:33 am »
Right.  because posting threads like this one from the Trump Militant is so productive of anything but an argument.

You have to learn not to take the bait. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #243 on: July 04, 2016, 01:49:44 am »
You have to learn not to take the bait.

So be silent and shut up?  Be nice to trolls and those who are telling us that when the time comes they get to shoot us for treason?????

If that's the case, you will see this board go the same exact way all the other former Conservative forums went and this whole place will be just another Trump safe space.

Offline WAC

« Reply #244 on: July 04, 2016, 01:53:20 am »
You stated...."For you to tell me to back off is not acceptable when we are told we are the enemy, we are told we are either for Trump or against Trump and that our principles and faith are ridiculed as a threat to the country.".....

Well why not put yourself above that fray, because that's all it is....nonsense. Regardless of what any is "called" it's still yours to vote or not to vote, or write in another name you prefer. Nobody's going to take that from you by name calling.

I've been here just a few months and noted those opposing Trump began to dish out as much as they were getting handed when the numbers increased coming in from FR.  I expected some of it to get lively, and that's a good thing,  but not to look like the same crap we just got out of.  So why feed into the babble????...This site is so far above FR in every respect. ...and that should include the posters here now.

There's some great minds here....why fill the threads with what every other site is doing with this crap....why not instead give this place what ost desire...a reasonable argument?

Silver Pines

« Reply #245 on: July 04, 2016, 01:57:48 am »
So be silent and shut up?  Be nice to trolls and those who are telling us that when the time comes they get to shoot us for treason?????

If that's the case, you will see this board go the same exact way all the other former Conservative forums went and this whole place will be just another Trump safe space.

No, Invar.  Obviously we aren't here to to be silent, but going into rage mode when someone is trying to prod you into just that makes no sense to me.  You said you were here to "war", but we're sitting behind keyboards, not rocket launchers. 

Whichever way this board goes or doesn't go isn't up to you or me.

Offline WAC

« Reply #246 on: July 04, 2016, 02:11:48 am »
...." we aren't here to to be silent,.....but we're sitting behind keyboards, not rocket launchers."  .....

LOLOL....Good one Catherine of Aragon! Perfect! ......I sometimes picture this with how some of the threads go...LOLOL.....

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #247 on: July 04, 2016, 02:17:35 am »

Maybe if you called them Jihadi's, it would sound more nicer than militants.  LOL

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #248 on: July 04, 2016, 02:24:13 am »
...why not instead give this place what ost desire...a reasonable argument?

If reasoning with the unreasonable was even remotely possible, there would not have been an exodus from former Conservative forums that became Trump Safe Spaces (and there are a lot more than just FR) that turned those BBs into cesspools.

If they are going to insult our faith, our principles and our sacred vote because we choose not to vote for their candidate - I'm going to punch back and call them what they are.  Not just for me, but for all the other folks they anger and intimidate with that garbage.  I'm not putting up with it because some folks think being a walking carpet for trolls and bullies is 'the adult thing to do'.  If the ROE says we have to let them do so so we can appear to be 'above the fray', this is definitely not the place for me.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2016, 02:28:03 am »
You said you were here to "war", but we're sitting behind keyboards, not rocket launchers. 

The battleground of ideas and policies is fought with words.  That translates to rulers who act upon those words.

Words will lead to peace and prosperity, or subjugation and bloodshed depending on which words prevail first.

The War of Independence was first fought in the pulpits of the Churches in the Colonies a decade-plus before the first shot was fired.

This is a war.  Whether you would want one or not.