Author Topic: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?  (Read 10531 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2016, 07:15:15 pm »
You prefer Baghdad Bob?   Same holds true.  That wasn't an overt nazi reference, at least I don't think.  It was a reference to an unapologetic propagandist.

Goering was an art collector, Himmler was a chicken farmer, Speer was an architect. Parse words to your heart's delight.

Overt or not, it was a Nazi reference. The owners here asked that it be stopped.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:20:43 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2016, 07:18:55 pm »
   INVAR that is over the top please remove it....and people stop quoting it...so I don't have to edit your posts as well...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2016, 07:23:26 pm »
Of course not.   I just don't think the LR reference was over the top...She is known for willful propagandizing the Nazi regime, not for being one of the monsters herself, per se.   But I can understand that YMMV. That's why I threw out the BB reference...to soothe your nerves.  :beer:

And now I see Myst agrees w you so to that I say:
 :beer:
 :beer:

We're gonna be drunk at this rate
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:24:48 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2016, 07:32:05 pm »
"Leni Riefenstahl" is a blatant Nazi reference, and posters were directed by this site's owners to stop doing that.

Maybe at the place that you got kicked off from, they did make such references against other members, but we have not done so here, as a matter of policy and civil discussion and behavior.

Well go keep hitting the 'report to moderator' button that you and your compatriots are so fond of. I mean, even using the term 'Trump Militant' is apparently offensive to you snowflakes when constantly calling us "Hillary supporters" is argued to be "accurate".

Maybe you'll get your wish and get this board to do what JR did over at FR and make this entire board a Trump Safe Space for you and yours.

It's what you people have done on just about every former Conservative board and group out there.

We know it's your M.O. to silence dissent against Trump.  It's all you have.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2016, 07:33:59 pm »
   INVAR that is over the top please remove it....and people stop quoting it...so I don't have to edit your posts as well...

Okay, obviously this board is going the way FR went with the constant wrist-slapping of anything negative of Trump and his precious supporters here on this board.

I guess Constitutional Conservatives will need to find another board.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Minarch

• Justice is coming to all of us.
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2016, 07:37:50 pm »
Leave off the name calling.

I will show your pet more respect when you train him to stop pissing all over the rugs.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2016, 07:39:25 pm »
Okay, obviously this board is going the way FR went with the constant wrist-slapping of anything negative of Trump and his precious supporters here on this board.

No it's not...I am trying my best to keep this place civil that is all. I receive enough post reports from both sides all day long to keep me busy.

I too am a Constitutional Conservative!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2016, 07:50:51 pm »
No it's not...I am trying my best to keep this place civil that is all. I receive enough post reports from both sides all day long to keep me busy.

I too am a Constitutional Conservative!

I've PM'd you. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2016, 08:00:45 pm »

Well go keep hitting the 'report to moderator' button that you and your compatriots are so fond of. I mean, even using the term 'Trump Militant' is apparently offensive to you snowflakes when constantly calling us "Hillary supporters" is argued to be "accurate".

Maybe you'll get your wish and get this board to do what JR did over at FR and make this entire board a Trump Safe Space for you and yours.

It's what you people have done on just about every former Conservative board and group out there.

We know it's your M.O. to silence dissent against Trump.  It's all you have.

This isn't about whose urine is clearer,  @INVAR   

There's an important election ahead with two distinctly different ideologies facing off against each other.

Put down the bible and set your 'special' brand of Conservatism aside, and support the Nominee against Hillary Clinton.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2016, 08:04:00 pm »
Put down the bible and set your 'special' brand of Conservatism aside, and support the Nominee against Hillary Clinton.

Yeah, that's the way to sway an opinion. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2016, 08:17:13 pm »

Pound sand bub.

I'm against you and your prince, as Palin so eloquently threatened and will work tirelessly to make sure Conservatives vote for Castle, Johnson or whichever write-in fits their principles best.

I prefer Hillary be at the head of this evil government than Trump.  Better an enemy at the head of government we can clearly oppose and have no responsibility for choosing.

Your snide comments about my faith are exactly what I expect from Hedonist Leftists by the way.  Fitting you should make them.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2016, 08:21:18 pm »
Pound sand bub.

I'm against you and your prince, as Palin so eloquently threatened and will work tirelessly to make sure Conservatives vote for Castle, Johnson or whichever write-in fits their principles best.

I prefer Hillary be at the head of this evil government than Trump.  Better an enemy at the head of government we can clearly oppose and have no responsibility for choosing.

Your snide comments about my faith are exactly what I expect from Hedonist Leftists by the way.  Fitting you should make them.

You've worked real hard for my "snide", @INVAR   You've earned it.

Now, I fully expect you to claim I want you all rounded up and re-educated.....or something.   :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2016, 08:31:01 pm »
This isn't about whose urine is clearer,  @INVAR   

There's an important election ahead with two distinctly different ideologies facing off against each other.

Insulting other posters will not win them over to your side.  And I will not set aside a lifetime of voting for good and decent men for president to support a mentally unstable bigot.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2016, 08:32:10 pm »

Now, I fully expect you to claim I want you all rounded up and re-educated.....or something.   :laugh:
:laugh:

Offline kartographer

« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2016, 08:37:35 pm »

Actually I do not see that as being that far fetched. There are a lot of parallels between the Germany people who supported the Nazis and those Americans supporting Trump. There are more than a few Trump supporters posting that I deem most capable and willing to do so of course they would do it only to 'Save the Republic' from [Fill in the Blank].

But then maybe that is a bit over the top, so I stick with what I found to be the best explanation of Trump supporters:

Lonesome Rhodes: Rednecks, crackers, hillbillies, hausfraus, shut-ins, pea-pickers - everybody that's got to jump when somebody else blows the whistle. They don't know it yet, but they're all gonna be 'Fighters for Fuller'. They're mine! I own 'em! They think like I do. Only they're even more stupid than I am, so I gotta think for 'em.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #165 on: July 03, 2016, 08:38:18 pm »

Why not just comply with a couple of simple requests and post inside the guidelines?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #166 on: July 03, 2016, 08:41:46 pm »

Winner of least persuasive argument. Ever.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #167 on: July 03, 2016, 08:52:27 pm »
That is now the one and only main usage; what this site has become. 24/7 ; Boring.

Why don't you liven it up by telling us how Trump follows your Carnegie rule about being kind to people.

I remember that you used to believe in decency before you became a Trump follower.

Now you like the vulgar, mean stuff and don't like those of us who are calling for decency.

Trump has made you do a 180 in values.

Sad.....  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2016, 08:58:42 pm »

That about sums up the Trump follower creed, doesn't it?

Give up your morals, your values, everything important to you, and follow the Trump train into the abyss......

Trouble is, you aren't going to convince a single person of character to do that, so I would recommend that you stop with the silly bullying and recognize that some of us aren't so malleable.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #169 on: July 03, 2016, 08:59:34 pm »
Winner of least persuasive argument. Ever.

But very telling as to what Trump followers expect people of values to do.

Give them up.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #170 on: July 03, 2016, 09:17:45 pm »
Insulting other posters will not win them over to your side. 

Oh, they are not interesting in winning us over to 'their side'.

They are only interested in punishment.

Which is why they gravitate to a vulgar narcissist who speaks of punishment for those who will not kiss his ring.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #171 on: July 03, 2016, 09:19:16 pm »
You've worked real hard for my "snide", @INVAR   You've earned it.

From day one, the moment you discovered I was not voting for your prince. 

Now, I fully expect you to claim I want you all rounded up and re-educated.....or something.   

I fully expect you to state something like that.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2016, 09:20:59 pm »
Why not just comply with a couple of simple requests and post inside the guidelines?

They keep getting whittled down to the point it will soon to verboten to say that Trump is a liberal, because that is offensive.

Offline flowers

« Reply #173 on: July 03, 2016, 09:25:56 pm »
Oh, they are not interesting in winning us over to 'their side'.

They are only interested in punishment.

Which is why they gravitate to a vulgar narcissist who speaks of punishment for those who will not kiss his ring.
Wait......he has a ring I forgot to kiss?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2016, 09:29:29 pm »

I have permission from Mystery-AK to post part of this PM discussion between us.  She's juggling assaults from all sides and attempting to keep the board from going into full-tilt raucous sewer, but she thought what I wrote valuable enough to share:

If we're going to keep getting slapped on the wrist because every image, every adjective, every word that the snowflakes for Trump find offensive is suddenly banned and we cannot use - then the entire point of a discussion forum is moot and your board will become just another Trump Safe Space.

Which is what I suspect they are attempting to do anyway.

Fighting for liberty is messy and ugly and often cannot be contained by artificial ramparts of civility.  Just as John Adams about that.

I'm not asking for permission to post vulgarity and cursing - but for crying out loud!  Referencing  the most well-known propagandist in history to make a point about the tactics being used by ******** followed in minutes by being slapped down over using the term "Trump Militant"?????  They ARE Militant!  Some of them on social media calling for our deaths!  Sorry, but some of these Trump supporters here sound like the same vocal bullies over at FR, and I'm not even sure the adjective of militant covers it.  I won't tolerate a bully and I'm fed up with the subtle and direct insults they shove in our faces on a daily basis.

Every single negative thing about Trump these people declare offensive, not rational, destructive or supporting of Hillary is now a cassus belli towards the purpose of shutting that commentary and discourse down.

It's what they did at Free Republic, TOL, TB, and a host of other groups and BB boards all over the place.  And I'm watching them do it again here.

They are going to complain, no matter what we say or post and it will get whittled down to the point we cannot state that Trump is lying or wrong about anything.

It's your place, but I don't go into the ring with my hands tied and the ROE so ridiculous that it makes arguing in the arena of ideas pointless.

You are never going to get them to stop calling us Hillary supporters because that is what they truly believe we are.  Likewise you are never going to get me to stop calling them what they are.

Let us fight it out.  You can set limits on cursing, vulgarity and the like - we do not need to become a cesspool.  But if I am a Hillary supporter in all the variations they insinuate and declare, they are certainly militant for Trump and engaged in propaganda that would make Leni Reifeshtahl blush.

Duels at 40 paces over insults to honor were commonplace at the time of our Founding.