Author Topic: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?  (Read 10566 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2016, 01:31:30 pm »
Don't you understand?  Most (!!!) never trumpers aren't part of any operation! 

Granted @Axeslinger you do not leave your computer.  But nevertrumps are providing the fuel for the operations with every keystroke.   

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2016, 01:32:36 pm »
Says the person w 12,000+ posts?   Brilliant!!!
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline RedHead

« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2016, 01:33:00 pm »
Good question. Jails yes for those due process has Stripped of their rights. The WH has never been gun-free. Neither has the Capital, nor are the courts.

Try carrying a gun into the White House or Capitol and let us know how it goes.

As for prisons, we're talking about your claim that the 2nd Amendment is a blanket constitutional right.  If I'm visiting someone then by your definition shouldn't I be allowed to pack heat?

« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2016, 01:35:05 pm »

Yes, @Axeslinger ... I've posted over the past seven years.

But my keystrokes do not fuel a movement that is helping Hillary Clinton win.   888blackhat

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2016, 01:38:39 pm »
so...you're opinion is a viable one to be posted because it achieves your ends...but mine is not because it doesn't achieve your ends?  Got it.  Thanks for clarifying.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2016, 01:39:03 pm »
Try carrying a gun into the White House or Capitol and let us know how it goes.

As for prisons, we're talking about your claim that the 2nd Amendment is a blanket constitutional right.  If I'm visiting someone then by your definition shouldn't I be allowed to pack heat?
Ludicrous question not deserving a response. We get you are anti-gun.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2016, 01:40:55 pm »

RiV has been around a long time. Posts add up over years. It's easy for the newer members to forget - we've been around for over 7 years.

Fake edit - RiV defended herself, ably. We can go back to sniping each other over candidates now?  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2016, 01:43:21 pm »
so...you're opinion is a viable one to be posted because it achieves your ends...but mine is not because it doesn't achieve your ends?  Got it.  Thanks for clarifying.

@Axeslinger ... your desire to see Hillary Clinton win is certainly viable.  And no one is preventing you from helping her.   :shrug:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 01:49:06 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2016, 01:52:49 pm »
RiV has been around a long time. Posts add up over years. It's easy for the newer members to forget - we've been around for over 7 years.

Fake edit - RiV defended herself, ably. We can go back to sniping each other over candidates now?  :beer:
@EC
Very true...and I was around at TOS for 18years.   I was merely commenting on RiVs statement that I don't leave my keyboard.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:44:50 pm by Axeslinger »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2016, 01:53:53 pm »

I see you are in a contentious mood this morning..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2016, 01:54:36 pm »
@EC
Very true...and j was around at TOS for 18years.   I was merely commenting on RiVs statement that I don't leave my keyboard.

We know.... :beer:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2016, 01:55:54 pm »
@Axeslinger ... your desire to see Hillary Clinton win is certainly viable.  And no one is preventing you from helping her.   :shrug:
@Right_in_Virginia
Nice try...zero points.   My desire is to have liberals of every stripe lose, no matter the letter they put behind their name a few months ago.

As I said to mech.   Yours is faith based, ours is evidenced based, neither is gong to persuade the other, why don't you leave well enough alone?  Or must everyone join the cult?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2016, 02:04:30 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
Nice try...zero points.   My desire is to have liberals of every stripe lose, no matter the letter they put behind their name a few months ago.

As I said to mech.   Yours is faith based, ours is evidenced based, neither is gong to persuade the other, why don't you leave well enough alone?  Or must everyone join the cult?
Then how come the evidence supporting #nevertrump is almost entirely Pro-Hillary camp created and when examined is not what it purports to be. Evidence does not need to be manipulated, massaged, added too, taken out of context, twisted or created from nothing. It can stand alone on its own feet without modification.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2016, 02:12:46 pm »
We know.... :beer:

Except that isn't what RIV said @mystery-ak

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2016, 02:15:07 pm »
Then how come the evidence supporting #nevertrump is almost entirely Pro-Hillary camp created and when examined is not what it purports to be. Evidence does not need to be manipulated, massaged, added too, taken out of context, twisted or created from nothing. It can stand alone on its own feet without modification.
You're making yourself look silly.   With a modicum of thought you would realize that for the most part we were all never trump before there was such a thing as #nevertrump.  I've been openly opposed to the man since he announced.  Why? Because I believe it will take conservative PRINCIPLES to save this country.

So, now, I'll play along:  I assume you will concede that those of us who are never trump will not be persuaded by anything he SAYS.  Thus if you wish to convince us, inundate us with the evidence of his deeply held conservative principles.  Cite for me 3 things he has ever done, prior to running for office, that show he has a sincerely held conservative belief.  With his billions and his, in your mind, staunch conservative credentials, surely the examples will be voluminous.

I'll wait.

While you fail to find any.

Offline verga

« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2016, 02:26:14 pm »
That is now the one and only main usage; what this site has become. 24/7 ; Boring.
@truth_seeker There are any number of other topics you can link to from the front page. There is a fascinating discussion on the writings of Weaver on the History anthropology forum right now that you might find interesting.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2016, 02:38:07 pm »
The WH has never been gun-free. Neither has the Capital, nor are the courts.
@Mechanicos Seriously, I don't know what country you are living in! Go try and take a tour of the Whitehouse carrying a firearm. Do the same with any Federal or State courthouse. I was not permitted to carry a "Leatherman Wave" to the Statue of Liberty.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2016, 02:44:14 pm »
@RedHead  @Mechanicos Not a ludicrous question at all, your exact words: The WH has never been gun-free. Neither has the Capital, nor are the courts. Civilians are not permitted to carry a gun on either of those properties period, amen end of of discussion. By definition that makes them GUN FREE ZONES. You made a ludicrous comment and got caught, RedHead and I both called you on it. Now man up and say your Mea Culpas. 

Offline WAC

« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2016, 03:06:28 pm »
Looking at Trump and Hillary it's pretty obvious that  Hillary has spent  her entire adult life in 'a political bubble' dealing with politicians, bureaucrats, and lobbyists.  In all her years "serving this nation.....she's never created a business or jobs and her acculumation of riches on the backs of US citizens is covered with scandals 24/7...............with Trump it cannot be denied he earned his money by creating successful businesses and thousands of jobs. ...has spent all his life i'n the real world ' solving business, employee, and economic problems,..so on that note Trump wins over Hillary......

Now Hillary always makes lots of speeches about women's rights, until it hits her home front where she did all in her power to destroy women who were victims of her Bills philandering. She does not walk the talk regarding womans rights......Trump on the other hand has employed and "promoted" thousands of woman....regardless of comments he's made about woman. The idea is womans rights regarding employment opportunities.

Hillary is in a war against fossil fuels....fully on board of the Global Waring scam, and invested in alternative energy sourses she promotes. Trup has said  he will end this war on fossil fuels and make use of our natural resources.

Though Trump has no foreign policy expereince politically, aside from officials he's done business deals with, it's far far better than the failed Obama/Clinton policies of the past eight years wich brought us Nafta with TTP pending. Hillary's failed with Russia, the Middle East, ISIS, or our allies in Europe....it's quite possible Trump would do far better.

With Hillary, immigrants will continue to pour into this country illegally in astronomical numbers and increase 3rd world migration to this country, especially form Muslim and African nations... Trump will repeal Obama's unconstitutional executive orders, return us to the rule of law, and enforce our borders. Additionally stop the massive immigration to this country.

Hillary will enlarge and increase all there is about Obamacare.....Trump will repeal it.

Trump will appoint Conservative Supreme Judges......Hillary will appoint Progressive/Liberal Judges....on the line is liberty, free speech, and freedom of religion .

Trump will support second amendment...Hillary will trash it entirely
Tump supports the Constitution...Hillary denies it by her actions.

The lists could go on but I think it's pretty obvious of the two who would serve this nation better......and it's dangerous for this country to walk away from this significant and important election by not making a choice for this country from those we've been given to choose from.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2016, 03:22:45 pm »
You're making yourself look silly.   With a modicum of thought you would realize that for the most part we were all never trump before there was such a thing as #nevertrump.  I've been openly opposed to the man since he announced.  Why? Because I believe it will take conservative PRINCIPLES to save this country.

So, now, I'll play along:  I assume you will concede that those of us who are never trump will not be persuaded by anything he SAYS.  Thus if you wish to convince us, inundate us with the evidence of his deeply held conservative principles.  Cite for me 3 things he has ever done, prior to running for office, that show he has a sincerely held conservative belief.  With his billions and his, in your mind, staunch conservative credentials, surely the examples will be voluminous.

I'll wait.

While you fail to find any.

Oh please. Nobody is so myopic and unknowing of the Primary process they will only vote for one person regardless. Usually its at least 2 choices with one slightly better then the other one or 2 allowing for the uncertain outcome of a primary. 

Its just not believable. What would you have done if say for example Cruz had died in a plane crash early in the primary? Stay home and let the Democrats win?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2016, 03:42:37 pm »

But my keystrokes do not fuel a movement that is helping Hillary Clinton win.

Actually, they do.  Because the best chance Hillary Clinton could ever have of winning is to have Donald Trump as the GOP nominee.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2016, 03:44:06 pm »

The lists could go on but I think it's pretty obvious of the two who would serve this nation better......and it's dangerous for this country to walk away from this significant and important election by not making a choice for this country from those we've been given to choose from.

Great analysis.  As it currently stands, the winner in our two party system will be Hillary or Trump.

The winner will most assuredly NOT be some 3rd party or write-in candidate.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2016, 03:44:43 pm »
Oh please. Nobody is so myopic and unknowing of the Primary process they will only vote for one person regardless. Usually its at least 2 choices with one slightly better then the other one or 2 allowing for the uncertain outcome of a primary. 

Its just not believable. What would you have done if say for example Cruz had died in a plane crash early in the primary? Stay home and let the Democrats win?

I note you did not actually respond to the comment.

I did not have more than one choice during the primary.  I only ever planned to vote for Cruz. If something had happened to him that made me unable to vote for  him in the primary I would have re-evaluated at that time, but I didn't have a backup waiting in the wings.  At one point, because it was a common discussion at TOS I considered voting for Trump if he won the primary, but I have since seen the error in that thinking.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2016, 04:03:52 pm »
I note you did not actually respond to the comment.

I did not have more than one choice during the primary.  I only ever planned to vote for Cruz. If something had happened to him that made me unable to vote for  him in the primary I would have re-evaluated at that time, but I didn't have a backup waiting in the wings.  At one point, because it was a common discussion at TOS I considered voting for Trump if he won the primary, but I have since seen the error in that thinking.

Cruz was my back-up. 3rd choice, in fact, in joint place with Rubio.  :shrug: I prefer Governors - always have. It's not the hot seat, but it's a sight closer than the rest.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Hoodat

« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2016, 04:17:18 pm »
I prefer Governors - always have. It's not the hot seat, but it's a sight closer than the rest.

Agreed.  The most qualified candidate was far and away Jim Gilmore.  But if you are looking for a candidate who will not waver from Conservatism, Ted Cruz is your guy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-