Author Topic: Palin Rips Never Trump Republicans: You Are Either With Us or Against Us"  (Read 29534 times)

Offline Mechanicos

The Trump voters were not the largest group of Republican voters in party history.  Trump got 14 million, everybody else got 17 million. 

So "everybody else" is the largest group.   And the demographic of Trump voters is pretty much on target.
Your math is flawed. Trump was either first choice or 2nd choice of the majority of voters, That means no matter how much you need it to be otherwise. Trump was approved by the vast majority of Republican voters. And when total number of votes is counted he beat all other prior winners of the primaries in total number of voters in the GOP ever.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The Trump voters were not the largest group of Republican voters in party history.  Trump got 14 million, everybody else got 17 million. 

So "everybody else" is the largest group.   And the demographic of Trump voters is pretty -much on target.

But you could say even worse about everyone who ran against Trump.  They all had an even higher percentage of voters "vote against" them as well.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Your math is flawed. Trump was either first choice or 2nd choice of the majority of voters, That means no matter how much you need it to be otherwise. Trump was approved by the vast majority of Republican voters. And when total number of votes is counted he beat all other prior winners of the primaries in total number of voters in the GOP ever.

Once again you demonstrate you do not understand what a plurality versus a majority is.

Trump never got a majority.

He has only a plurality.

Must be that common core math you and your liberal friends use.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sinkspur

You Trumpkins, like your boss, are still living in the primaries.  Primaries are over pal.  Time to turn to the general.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online roamer_1

Personally I think the GOP just wants what the democrats have which is a mindless unquestioning voter base and Trump voters certainly fit the bill. He can get caught or admit lying to his voters repeatedly but they ignore it and still cling to the "Lyin Ted" mantra like morons.

But it won't be enough. Trying to make up for Conservatives, and particularly the Christian Right, just ain't going to happen.

However, there does not seem to be enough, even with Trump at the helm, to cause the Conservatives to finally loose the bonds of Reagan and walk off to another party better suited to their principles - Perhaps the only silver lining possible if it were to happen. As it is, I think more will stay home than will vote 3rd party. More's the pity. Action is what brings change.

Offline cato potatoe

What a way to insult the largest group of Republican voters ever in the party history. Guess this is an example of those superior principles we keep getting told about...

His primary voters do not meet my description, by and large.  It's what is left of his support after November that will blame the "traitors" and undermine Kasich, Cruz, Rubio, or any thoughtful candidate who might have a chance to beat Hillary in 2020.

I noticed you didn't flinch at Sarah's remark.  Why is that?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Once again you demonstrate you do not understand what a plurality versus a majority is.

Trump never got a majority.

He has only a plurality.

Must be that common core math you and your liberal friends use.

Lets help our math challenged Liberal Trumpkin here with a simple chart:

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

But it won't be enough. Trying to make up for Conservatives, and particularly the Christian Right, just ain't going to happen.

However, there does not seem to be enough, even with Trump at the helm, to cause the Conservatives to finally loose the bonds of Reagan and walk off to another party better suited to their principles - Perhaps the only silver lining possible if it were to happen. As it is, I think more will stay home than will vote 3rd party. More's the pity. Action is what brings change.

If there are not enough conservatives to cast a plurality of those votes cast in the GOP prary, how are there going to be enough to win a plurality of general election votes?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:38:40 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Yup, their party will end up being about 40% of its current size. Far too small to ever win against democrats.

Silver Pines

Oh no, it was meant as one tho by the high and mighty "principled" one who used the term. Why don't you ask him?

No, it wasn't. 

You certainly were angered by it, though.  It's an odd reaction.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Yup, their party will end up being about 40% of its current size. Far too small to ever win against democrats.

And the same will be true of any conservative party formed by those who leave.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm embarrassed that I ever supported this harpy...
She's like the besotted ex girlfriend from high school, now with bad tattoos, beer belly, green teeth, and the disposition of a cat on crank.  You wonder what you saw in her. (Wow, another bullet dodged!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I got a letter from "Trump" in the mail.

I wonder if I can mail them a brick.
That only works if they sent you one of those 'no postage necessary' envelopes. I found sending them a check for twenty five cents might work--it costs more to process the check than the check is worth.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

So not quite Coulter scale crazy yet. (Smeared feces)
Why! That's digital artwork...(finger paint)!

C S Lewis

Offline Mechanicos

You Trumpkins, like your boss, are still living in the primaries.  Primaries are over pal.  Time to turn to the general.
Trump is controlling the Narrative for this election. And its a winning Strategy.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online roamer_1

If there are not enough conservatives to cast a plurality of those votes cast in the GOP prary, how are there going to be enough to win a plurality of general election votes?

There are MANY variables in that claim, to begin with open primaries, order of state primaries, the general disposition of party leaders (whether they actually support a Conservative candidate, and etc.). All things are not equal.

And as to primary vs general, The Christian Right, on their own, can nearly win a plurality, if they will all turn out. Give them someone to vote *for* and see.

Offline kevindavis007

Sarah Palin; High Priestess to the Cult of the Golden Pig.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trump is controlling the Narrative for this election. And its a winning Strategy.

LOL! You were just complaining yesterday that the MSM is controlling the narrative over the anti-semitic use of the Star of David in a Trump Tweet from a White Supremacist.  You were worried it was going to hurt your anointed which is why you had to rush in and defend your prince!

Of course he pays you to do that, which is understandable as an operative for the campaign.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
LOL! You were just complaining yesterday that the MSM is controlling the narrative over the anti-semitic use of the Star of David in a Trump Tweet from a White Supremacist.  You were worried it was going to hurt your anointed which is why you had to rush in and defend your prince!

Of course he pays you to do that, which is understandable as an operative for the campaign.

Give it 24 business hours and Mech will change what he's saying...again.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

There are MANY variables in that claim, to begin with open primaries, order of state primaries, the general disposition of party leaders (whether they actually support a Conservative candidate, and etc.). All things are not equal.

That sounds like a lot of rationalization without any factual support.

And as to primary vs general, The Christian Right, on their own, can nearly win a plurality, if they will all turn out. Give them someone to vote *for* and see.

Okay, then let's make it concrete: who would you have run as your new party's nominee in 2016?  Cruz?  Huckabee?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:21:45 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

Give it 24 business hours and Mech will change what he's saying...again.

Similar to Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Offline WAC

Palin was insignificant before the Primary began apart from her loyalists which are few and far in between now....... I suspect Trump's campaign thought she'd be a shot in the arm against Cruz. But it sure was note worthy Trump couldn't wait for her to get off stage when she endorsed him. That was just plain awful...again!

Offline Smokin Joe

Bite me, Sarah.

She sounds frantic to me.   Doesn't she believe in the unstoppable Trump train anymore?
At one time, Sarah had quite a following of her own. It was her followers who kept McCain from being shot down in flames, by attracting them to vote for her being only a heartbeat away from the Oval Office. That got my vote that year.

But after her supporting RINOs (including McCain for Senate), the shine wore off that penny, and the realization that she might be 'in it' for Sarah more than any set of strong principles reared its ugly head. When that happened, I (and I would think others) took a more critical peek at things and found out our first impressions just might not have been accurate, or that her positions had changed (and boy, have they!)

Those TEA party, Libertarian Leaning, and Constitutional Conservatives once all aboard with Sarah, aren't buying the Trump tripe, and I think the reason Sarah was called on board (not sure if a true believer or made a deal) was to rope in the Sarah aficionados from back when.

Only times have changed. For those of us who had moved on and were not lining up to kiss the ring of the Orange Combover, we were not going to change our minds because someone else said so. By the time she got on board, the abuse from some vocal and vicious Trump supporters was already enough that 'making nice' was going to be a slow process of forgiveness, or just not going to happen.

She was too little, too late. Maybe she is realizing her own influence has been squandered by supporting RINOs and now Trump, and that will, in all likelihood spell the end of her political influence. That'd be cause enough for impending panic.

For me, I see a bad call, doubled down on (repeatedly), the unfortunate mark of a Liberal. It's sad to see 'em go, but I won't follow.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
And the same will be true of any conservative party formed by those who leave.

A discussion of that, veers off into common sense, math and logic, which do not apply with the #nevertrumps.

They are simply angry, sore losers, with no viable answers whatsoever. Unless you call Darrel Castle a "viable" answer.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln