Author Topic: Good riddance to George Will  (Read 2299 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Good riddance to George Will
« on: June 29, 2016, 02:28:03 pm »
SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/06/good_riddance_to_george_will_.html

by: James Lewis

I like and respect George Will, and over the years I've been one of his fans. With the rise of Donald Trump, Will has decided to resign from the GOP, along with Mitt Romney and the other folks we might call "decorative conservatives" -- the people who look good on the outside, but who have none of the fire in the belly that marked Teddy Roosevelt or Lincoln -- not to mention the Founders, who were pretty robust and argumentative.

I believe Mr. Will has a genuine distaste for what may become Trump Conservatism.  Trump represents a kind of happy warrior style of American politician, similar to Harry Truman and Rough Rider Teddy Roosevelt. It's obviously too low-class for Will, Romney and Jeb Bush, who are all too delicate for the political blood sport that the Left has imposed on our politics. Nothing is too low for the Left. Literally nothing.

The national GOP has been in decline for years, running decrepit candidates like Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney -- who actually did flinch in the last debate with Obama, as Trump points out. Candidates like Dole and McCain were picked for their seniority, which is what made them weak and doddering candidates.

On the other side, the hard Left is back in charge of the Democrats, and they are killers. Their purpose is to destroy their opponents. In response, the GOP has run certain losers.

But then we see the killer thugs of the Washington Post and New York Times hiring a decorative conservative like George Will for "balance." Balance, my foot. George Will is protective coloration for the WaPo's inner mafia. The WaPo doesn't play by any rules except its own. You may not see the glint of the daggers they all carry into the fight, but come election time, every honest conservative gets the shaft.

This is going to be a nasty, vicious election, and winners have to give as good as they get. I'm sorry. Reality.

The WaPo has carried off the complete myth of Watergate to destroy a Republican President who was no worse than LBJ or Robert Kennedy, or Carter, Clinton and Obama. American journalism is now based on a deliberate lie, the false mythology of Watergate -- actually a power struggle between the Permanent Government in DC and an elected President, Richard Nixon. Watergate's Deep Throat (Mark Felt, the Assistant Director of the FBI) plotted with the Washington Post to destroy Richard Nixon. That's all there was to it. Everything else is lies.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

Re: Good riddance to George Will
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 02:49:50 pm »

I understand why Will did what he did.

What I don't understand is why he didn't do it sooner?

During McCain?

Or Romney?

Then again, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner...

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 02:50:27 pm »
Trump Conservatism.
:happyhappy:

Or just call it what it is, repackaged New York liberalism.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 02:54:51 pm »
Opinion piece.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 02:57:45 pm »

Or just call it what it is, repackaged New York liberalism.

Trump Conservatism.

This was one of my big problems with Trumpsters at TOS...they wanted to re-define conservatism.  Trump can't even verbalize what conservatism is.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 03:00:10 pm »
At least, he's not stabbing the American worker in the back wanting H1B1 visas expanded or expanding green cards.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 03:03:06 pm »
I don't care that Trumpism is "low-class", and neither does Will.   I care that Trump is dangerously unfit for the Presidency,  with a temper and temperament that will bring disaster.   

Trump is worse than Clinton.   Will's right - our responsibility is to see that he loses, and cnoservatives can live to fight another day.   

Kudos to George Will for speaking out as a patriot in resisting Trump and his fascism.   
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:04:08 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 03:04:03 pm »
At least, he's not stabbing the American worker in the back wanting H1B1 visas expanded or expanding green cards.

Who?  Trump?

A bit of advice:  Any Trump defense that starts with "At least..." isn't going to change anyone's mind about Trump.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 03:15:46 pm »
I don't care that Trumpism is "low-class", and neither does Will.   I care that Trump is dangerously unfit for the Presidency,  with a temper and temperament that will bring disaster.   

Trump is worse than Clinton.   Will's right - our responsibility is to see that he loses, and cnoservatives can live to fight another day.   

Kudos to George Will for speaking out as a patriot in resisting Trump and his fascism.

Ooh, Fascism.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 03:16:36 pm »

Who?  Trump?

A bit of advice:  Any Trump defense that starts with "At least..." isn't going to change anyone's mind about Trump.

A bit of advice, meaningless name-calling will get the same back.

Back up on the high horse now.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 03:22:15 pm »
Ooh, Fascism.

Yes - fascism.  Care to discuss?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 03:23:49 pm »
SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/06/good_riddance_to_george_will_.html

by: James Lewis

I believe Mr. Will has a genuine distaste for what may become Trump Conservatism.  Trump represents a kind of happy warrior style of American politician, similar to Harry Truman and Rough Rider Teddy Roosevelt. It's obviously too low-class for Will, Romney and Jeb Bush, who are all too delicate for the political blood sport that the Left has imposed on our politics. Nothing is too low for the Left. Literally nothing.

The case against a Trump candidacy is not based on anyone's "delicacy" or any belief that Trump is "low-class."  The case against Trump is based on observation that he has no coherent conservative ideology, he has no record of preferentially supporting Republican candidates, and his expression, in concept and in syntax, reveals ignorance, narcissism, and immaturity.  "Trump Conservatism" is an oxymoron.
James 1:20

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 03:29:23 pm »
Yes - fascism.  Care to discuss?

Just name calling.

With no proof.

Who's that with the guitar? Woody Guthrie? Quite the conservative he was.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:33:05 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 03:30:56 pm »
The case against a Trump candidacy is not based on anyone's "delicacy" or any belief that Trump is "low-class."  The case against Trump is based on observation that he has no coherent conservative ideology, he has no record of preferentially supporting Republican candidates, and his expression, in concept and in syntax, reveals ignorance, narcissism, and immaturity.  "Trump Conservatism" is an oxymoron.

He's struck a chord on immigration; there won't be a country as we know it unless something is done about immigration, they got that in England, those who don't see that it could be argued, put our country at risk.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 03:51:28 pm »
He's struck a chord on immigration; there won't be a country as we know it unless something is done about immigration, they got that in England, those who don't see that it could be argued, put our country at risk.

I agree with you completely here, and I credit Trump for making immigration the first issue in his campaign, and a key issue in the Republican nominating contests.  I do not find his specific recommendations consistent or workable.  The "big, beautiful door" in the wall, allowing "the good ones" expedited re-entry, is functionally indistinguishable from amnesty.  After securing the accolades of the "tell it like it is" crowd for advocating a ban on Moslem entry into the US, he is now walking that position back while denying that he's walking it back.

His recognition of the issue, and of its power, is commendable.  His recommendations seem like shots from the hip at best, reflecting little, of any, serious thought.
James 1:20

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 03:55:41 pm »
A bit of advice, meaningless name-calling will get the same back.

Back up on the high horse now.

Name calling?  I didn't write anything that was name calling.  It was a simple observation that Trump can't define conservatism.  A fact.

Perhaps you read my mind, though?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 03:57:26 pm »
Name calling?  I didn't write anything that was name calling.  It was a simple observation that Trump can't define conservatism.  A fact.

Perhaps you read my mind, though?

Is one aware there are other posts on this page?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 04:01:44 pm »
I didn't vote for Trump; but for the general election, it's clear that the Democratic candidate represents an administration that basically saw the rise of ISIS due to poor foreign policy.  Trump has not even demonstrated doing something dangerously. If the Republican Convention were to nominate another person, I'd give it serious consideration.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 04:01:53 pm »
Is one aware there are other posts on this page?

OK.  Perhaps you meant my use of the word "Trumpster"?

There is a difference between "name calling" and "using nouns".

I see, or mean, nothing insulting by the term "Trumpster".

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 04:10:12 pm »

Yes....said it a lot better than I could.     :amen:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 04:13:39 pm by goatprairie »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 06:50:35 pm »
"Trump conservatism"---sounds kind of like "promiscuous celibate."

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

geronl

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 06:51:44 pm »
Good riddance to the Republican Party

geronl

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 06:53:37 pm »
I didn't vote for Trump; but for the general election, it's clear that the Democratic candidate represents an administration that basically saw the rise of ISIS due to poor foreign policy.  Trump has not even demonstrated doing something dangerously.

He was full of praise for Hillary as Secretary of State, said she did a great job and donated gobs to her foundation.

That's how good his judgment is.