Author Topic: BREAKING: (Update: 42 dead)Turkish airport terror attack -NTV  (Read 1818 times)

geronl

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/turkish-officials-suspect-suicide-bomber-in-istanbul-airport-blast-cnn-turk/ar-AAhJukV?ocid=ansmsnnews11

excerpt

UPDATE:

Ten people were killed in an attack on Istanbul's main international airport on Tuesday, Turkey's justice minister was quoted as saying by broadcaster NTV.

An attacker opened fire with a Kalashnikov rifle at the airport, NTV quoted Bekir Bozdag as saying. A Turkish official and witnesses said there were two attackers, who blew themselves up after opening fire.

EARLIER:

ISTANBUL, June 28 (Reuters) - Two explosions hit Istanbul's main international airport on Tuesday, wounding several people, a Turkish official said, in what appeared to be the latest in a string of attacks in Turkey's biggest city this year.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:46:55 pm by geronl »

geronl

Re: BREAKING: (Update: 28 dead)Turkish airport terror attack -NTV
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:30:58 pm »
Militant Amish really get around!

Offline Millee

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 09:09:53 pm »
The left will blame it on the "xenophobic" Brexit vote.  Just watch.....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 09:36:01 pm »
We will see if one airline was targeted above others, the article sounds like it is saying Turkish Airlines.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 09:40:24 pm »
We will see if one airline was targeted above others, the article sounds like it is saying Turkish Airlines.

An anti-airliner hate crime!

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 09:44:08 pm »
28 dead in Istanbul airport suicide attack: city governor
By AFP     1 hour ago in World

At least 28 people were killed Tuesday evening in a suicide attack at the international terminal of Istanbul's Ataturk airport, the city's governor said.

Two explosions hit the airport -- Turkey's biggest -- followed by gunfire, local television channels reported, adding that all flights had been suspended.

Sixty people were wounded, six of them very seriously, state news agency Anadolu said.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/world/several-wounded-as-explosions-gunfire-hit-istanbul-airport-media/article/468785#ixzz4Cuezusyl

READ MORE

geronl

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 09:45:14 pm »
28 now, wow

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 11:52:30 pm »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/turkish-officials-suspect-suicide-bomber-in-istanbul-airport-blast-cnn-turk/ar-AAhJukV?ocid=ansmsnnews11

excerpt
How ironic, the backers and enablers of terrorism being attacked by terrorists! I'm sorry but all I can say is you reap what you sow, and I hope they harvest a bumper crop.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 11:53:16 pm »
Latest reports put death toll at 31.
Istanbul airport blasts LIVE: Death toll climbs to 31; ISIS suspected behind attack, say officials
Another Turkish official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the attackers detonated the explosives at the entrance of the international terminal before entering the x-ray security check.

At least 31 people were killed and 60 others were injured in twin explosions that rocked Ataturk Airport in Istanbul on Wednesday, said senior Turkish officials.

The official said that the death toll is expected to rise with initial indications suggesting Islamic State group behind the attack.

Earlier, Turkey’s state-run news agency quoted Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag as saying: “According to the information I was given, a terrorist at the international terminal entrance first opened fire with a Kalashnikov and then blew himself up. We have around 10 martyrs (dead) and around 20 wounded.”

Another official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the attackers detonated the explosives at the entrance of the international terminal before entering the x-ray security check.

In a video posted online by Turkish media Habertuk TV, security forces were seen rushing into the airport to tackle the situation.

Turkish media also reported the sound of gunfire at the scene. Turkey has suffered several bombings in recent months linked to Kurdish or Islamic State group militants.  ...
More, with video, at Indian Express
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 11:59:06 pm »
28 dead in Istanbul airport suicide attack: city governor
By AFP     1 hour ago in World

At least 28 people were killed Tuesday evening in a suicide attack at the international terminal of Istanbul's Ataturk airport, the city's governor said.

Two explosions hit the airport -- Turkey's biggest -- followed by gunfire, local television channels reported, adding that all flights had been suspended.

Sixty people were wounded, six of them very seriously, state news agency Anadolu said.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/world/several-wounded-as-explosions-gunfire-hit-istanbul-airport-media/article/468785#ixzz4Cuezusyl

READ MORE

Thank goodness for the gunfire. People might believe this was a muslim thing.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 12:56:49 am »
SOURCE: KVNU

URL: http://www.610kvnu.com/world/b55926b44e4c4bc8939637cfd58387b1

At least 36 people have been killed and 147 others injured following a terrorist attack at an international airport in Istanbul, according to Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim.

In a press conference, Yildirim said all signs point to ISIS being responsible for the attack. Three attackers carrying weapons arrived in a taxi to Istanbul's Ataturk airport, one of the world's busiest airports.

Among the wounded are foreign nationals and police officers, Yildirim said. The airport has since been reopened.

There was no security lapse at the airport, Yildirim said. An airport security officer told ABC News that the first attacker tried to enter the airport with a gun, but was spotted as he went through security at the entrance of the airport.

Once he was spotted, he started to shoot and was then shot by officers. During the commotion, the second attacker began to shoot before blowing himself up, while the third attacker ran outside of the building and blew himself up just outside the airport in a place where taxis were waiting to transport passengers, the security officer said.

A total of 49 ambulances were sent to the airport, according to Turkey's Health Ministry.

The attack took place around 10 p.m. local time, a busy time for the airport, with flights arriving from Europe and leaving for the Persian Gulf and other parts of the region.

Turkey President Recep Tayyip Erdogan issued a statement condemning the attack that "has no objective." The president also said the attack shows "terrorism strikes with no regard for faith and values," since it occurred during the holy month of Ramadan.

"We expect the international community, especially the Western countries including their administrations, parliaments, media organs and civil societies, to take a firm stand against terrorism," Erdogan said.

A senior U.S. official announced shortly after the attack that all scheduled flights to and from Istanbul have been suspended. Turkey's Ataturk airport is the 11th largest airport in the world, serving 61.8 million total passengers in 2015.

EXCERPT ONLY, CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 12:58:46 am »

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Offline unknown

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 01:37:21 am »
AR-15s. Take em away. We need more gun control.  :shrug:

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 01:47:59 am »
Another "gun free" zone. 

I'm sorry for the loss of innocents' lives - but the Turkish government has been nothing but duplicitous throughout this Daesh emergence.

The World needs to wake up and excise this cancer.   Obama is an abject disgrace.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 01:57:57 am »
Doesn't matter if it was ISIS or al-Qaida. Erdogen will blame the YPG regardless.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline WAC

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 02:40:43 am »

Here's a still shot of one of the explosions.....as it happened

Offline WAC

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 02:47:02 am »

Offline WAC

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 02:49:15 am »
Another "gun free" zone. 

I'm sorry for the loss of innocents' lives - but the Turkish government has been nothing but duplicitous throughout this Daesh emergence.

The World needs to wake up and excise this cancer.   Obama is an abject disgrace.

Looks like all their assistance to Isis is coming back to bite them......or someone wants to make it look like that.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline WAC

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 05:20:05 am »

Check out this video of the terrorist running
 and falling at the airport.......looks like he
 was shot first as he's staggering...
he's on the left coming up from the background.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbjX50OY2-0

Offline WAC

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 05:25:45 am »
Interesting is the officer who shot the terrorist then eases over to check him and sees he's loaded with a bomb ...so why didn't he shoot several rounds in the guys head right then and prevent the explosion?????

Offline WAC

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 05:37:38 am »
Islam is the religion of the terrorists. Islam is the trigger, the justification, the mandate for the Muslims to engage in their jihadist obligations.

As this author wrote............‘Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; the tribe against the world, and all of us against the infidel. — Leon Uris, ‘The Haj’
Take a look at the video I just posted here.....shows the terrorist staggering after being shot then the cop sees he's wired, high tails it and you can see him yank the trigger to set it off.....

geronl

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 07:21:04 am »
Interesting is the officer who shot the terrorist then eases over to check him and sees he's loaded with a bomb ...so why didn't he shoot several rounds in the guys head right then and prevent the explosion?????

If he had a dead man's switch, it explodes when the wearer releases it

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 11:18:27 am »
More details on Ataturk airport - a growing hub
Posted at 12:11

It is an international hub, and became the third-busiest airport in Europe in 2015.

Airports Council International says Ataturk airport was the 11th busiest airport in the world last year, with 61.8 million passengers. It is also one of the fastest-growing airports in the world, seeing 9.2% more passengers last year than in 2014.   

On Wednesday morning, destinations listed on the website's departures section included Tehran in Iran, Munich in Germany, Casablanca in Morocco, Toulouse, Nice and Lyon in France, and Zaporozhye in Ukraine.

Some of the flights had been cancelled or delayed due to the airport being closed during and after the attack on Tuesday evening.

The BBC is doing it's usual diary page for this terrorist attack: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-36659543
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink