Author Topic: Trump Lashes Out At George Will For Leaving The GOP, Will’s Response Priceless  (Read 1384 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Regardless of how one feels about Trump, taking on George Will is a fool's errand.  Will probably forgot more about conservatism yesterday than Trump...or most of the GOP candidates ever knew, Gingrich perhaps excepted, and I don't think Will forgets much.

Careful. When Will wrote his book about term limits, it included this delicious zinger: Once upon a time,
Gingrich made eloquent arguments in favour of term limits. Now he has become an eloquent argument
in favour of term limits.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline MACVSOG68

Careful. When Will wrote his book about term limits, it included this delicious zinger: Once upon a time,
Gingrich made eloquent arguments in favour of term limits. Now he has become an eloquent argument
in favour of term limits.

I don't think he liked Gingrich even before he became Speaker. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

I don't think he liked Gingrich even before he became Speaker.

He wrote in the book I mentioned that he was put off by Gingrich's speak-truth-to-power act
on Capitol Hill but campaigning as an old style bring-home-the-bacon pork-barreling pol during
his re-election campaigns.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline MACVSOG68

He wrote in the book I mentioned that he was put off by Gingrich's speak-truth-to-power act
on Capitol Hill but campaigning as an old style bring-home-the-bacon pork-barreling pol during
his re-election campaigns.

I wonder how Will adjusted his writing in his second edition in 2010?  Anyway, Gingrich's leadership in the welfare reform compromise was an accomplishment.  He did push a number of bills in support of his Contract With America.  Newt has a great mind but little control.  I've enjoyed listening to him in debates, but voting for him was out of the question in his primary battles.  Trump could use his experience and knowledge...as an advisor only. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline For-Q-Clinton

Two liberals arguing over who is better for the GOP.  LMAO!  They are both jokes.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
No you guys are mistaken, big bad trump has a epithet in store for George will... wait for it... lyin' george!!! That'll show him!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
No you guys are mistaken, big bad trump has a epithet in store for George will... wait for it... lyin' george!!! That'll show him!
I'm sure George Will is shaking in his Oxfords. There's an old saying about picking a fight with those who buy ink by the barrel.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

Two liberals arguing over who is better for the GOP.

George Will left the GOP. The bigger liberal idiot can destroy it as far as Will is concerned.

geronl

Trumps need to comment on every little stupid thing is annoying.

He even dissed a 13-year old girl who made a joke on TV.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trumps need to comment on every little stupid thing is annoying.

He even dissed a 13-year old girl who made a joke on TV.

He's just not a serious candidate. It's that simple. And more and more people are realizing that.