Author Topic: Dilbert says "Trump 2016"  (Read 1959 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Dilbert says "Trump 2016"
« on: June 27, 2016, 03:46:50 pm »
Dilbet says "Trump 2016"

SCOTT ADAMS remembers just how the game turned. He was young and improving at chess, but the masterful kid across the board would outmaneuver Adams till the game seemed a runaway. Now, this kid didn’t want to just beat Adams; he wanted to embarrass him. “So after he’d picked away three-fourths of my pieces and I was discouraged,” Adams recounts, “he would offer to turn the board around and play with my pieces.” And then effectively “win” again.

On those occasions, Scott Adams, the creator of “Dilbert,” got insight into the type of personality that loves not only the challenge of game strategy, but also the thrill of overwhelming the competition. It is the sport of meticulously plotted domination.

Read the rest here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/03/21/donald-trump-will-win-in-a-landslide-the-mind-behind-dilbert-explains-why/?tid=hybrid_experimentrandom_3_na
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8f3_1462892022

MOD3: spelling in title corrected to enable search.

Abaraxas note- excerpted article per copyright requirements.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:33:47 pm by AbaraXas »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

Re: Dilbet says "Trump 2016"
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 03:51:01 pm »

The author is Scott Adams, writer of "Dilbert," with an MBA and a hypnotist. He explains what Trump does, why it works.

I offer this here for folks with big open minds, even people that hate Trump's guts.

So in the spirit of "The Art of War," know thy enemy.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 03:55:53 pm »
Scott Adams of Dilbert on Trump's Genius 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uERs7AyaQmA

geronl

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 04:10:24 pm »
Trump will be lucky to get 33% of the vote.

I don't want him to win anyway.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 04:20:29 pm »
If you listen to this 30 minute video, you will learn more than exchanging the same insults and "arguments," that you have exchanged every day here, recently.

Scott Adams is NOT saying he supports Trump. He IS saying Trump is a Master Persuader, and it works.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 04:24:06 pm »
Scott Adams is NOT saying he supports Trump. He IS saying Trump is a Master Persuader, and it works.

He is a clown

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 05:03:15 pm »
If you listen to this 30 minute video, you will learn more than exchanging the same insults and "arguments," that you have exchanged every day here, recently.

He lies, and the ignorant masses let him get away with it because they refuse to use the one thing that makes us human: reason.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 05:16:32 pm »
Scott Adams of Dilbert on Trump's Genius 

Trump's genius - there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 05:32:29 pm »

A month or two ago, Scott posted on his blog that he was supporting Trump (not really).  He hadn't fleshed this out yet, and I find it a fascinating read.  Before, what he said was he was supporting Trump because he was afraid the Sanders people were going to set fire to his car.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RedHead

Re: Dilbert says "Trump 2016"
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 06:24:02 pm »
Great.  Now I'm supposed to take political advice from Dilbert.  Is Dogbert too busy?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 06:53:13 pm »

The story about the chess game is revealing about Trump's personality.  He doesn't want to just win, he does want to ruin and humiliate all his enemies.  It's gonna take time because he has so many.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 07:03:06 pm »
The story about the chess game is revealing about Trump's personality.  He doesn't want to just win, he does want to ruin and humiliate all his enemies.  It's gonna take time because he has so many.

That's his charm, right there.  After years of being ridiculed and mocked by Obama and Company, there are a lot of us ready to collect some payback.  There are quite a few Democrats I'd like to see ruined and humiliated.  I want to hear the lamentations of their women. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 01:05:59 am »

Trump could have probably won without resorting to the name calling and slander.  In fifty years of following prez campaigns, I've never heard a candidate from either side slander and smear opponents from his own party like Trump did. It was totally irrational....but that's his nature. Now tell me turning off millions of potential supporters  with his gutter tactics was smart.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 01:33:47 am »
1. Trump knows people are basically irrational.
2. Knowing that people are irrational, Trump aims to appeal on an emotional level.
3. By running on emotion, facts don’t matter.
4. If facts don’t matter, you can’t really be “wrong.”
5. With fewer facts in play, it’s easier to bend reality.
6. To bend reality, Trump is a master of identity politics — and identity is the strongest persuader.
“If you understand persuasion, Trump is pitch-perfect most of the time. He ignores unnecessary rational thought and objective data and incessantly hammers on what matters (emotions).”

If you swap "people" for "Trump supporters" I could agree with Adams.  I didn't think there were that many irrational voters in the GOP, but I was wrong.  Trump is still going to lose by a land slide in Nov.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 03:25:15 am »
That's his charm, right there.  After years of being ridiculed and mocked by Obama and Company, there are a lot of us ready to collect some payback.  There are quite a few Democrats I'd like to see ruined and humiliated.  I want to hear the lamentations of their women.

No offense, but that cat thing makes me insane.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 03:27:46 am »
4. If facts don’t matter, you can’t really be “wrong.”

You can be wrong, it just doesn't matter (to yourself or your supporters) if you're wrong.  Here's where integrity comes in to play.  For some people anyway.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 03:59:58 am »
He's an interesting guy to listen to.  One thing that struck me that he said, and I don't know why, he said Trump hasn't painted himself into any corners.  I disagree with that.  I think Trump has painted himself into plenty of corners, he just doesn't mind walking through the paint to get to another area of the room.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 04:14:50 am »
That's his charm, right there.  After years of being ridiculed and mocked by Obama and Company, there are a lot of us ready to collect some payback.  There are quite a few Democrats I'd like to see ruined and humiliated.

And herein lies the problem.  We are in this mess because our desire for revenge outweighed our desire for righteousness.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 04:19:32 am »
In fifty years of following prez campaigns, I've never heard a candidate from either side slander and smear opponents from his own party like Trump did.

Technically, Trump isn't a Republican, so he is acting exactly like a Democrat would act.  Which also explains why he isn't slandering and smearing other Democrats.  I can't recall him ever saying anything negative about Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, Bill Clinton, Andrew Cuomo, Joe Biden, etc.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 04:39:34 am »
And herein lies the problem.  We are in this mess because our desire for revenge outweighed our desire for righteousness.

Exactly right.