Author Topic: Dr. James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ  (Read 11257 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Dr. James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2016, 08:44:11 pm »
You give Trump way too much power beyond that he has over men. ...and that includes is wallet.

My gosh the people opposing Trump are starting to sound like those who fill his rallies! 

For people who well know Dobson and others.....you're really barking up the wrong tree IMO.

@Victoria33

WAC, it's not an unreasonable statement.  Glenn Beck says he questioned a pastor who decided to support Trump, and the man said, "All I will tell you is that he's very generous."

Liberty University is about twelve minutes from my house, and I thought it was interesting that Jerry Falwell, Jr. purchased a shopping mall here in town right after he endorsed Trump.  Later he admitted that Donald did, in fact, throw money his way. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2016, 08:48:13 pm »
Is that framed pic of Trump on the cover of Playboy still hanging in his office?

@Timber Rattler

Yes, Trump was interviewed in that issue.  In it, he said that Jesus has a bigger ego than anyone could understand.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2016, 09:02:12 pm »
Why am I not shocked that Trump's Christian pastor buddies  are also teachers of the prosperity gospel?  I am well familiar with these teaching  having once attended one of the prosperity doctrine mega churches here in the NW.  God want's you to be rich the bottom line, and if you are strugling with poverty it is due to sin in yor life, or even a spirit of poverty.   My oldest sister still is a follower of this doctrine, and its teachers.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2016, 09:16:19 pm »
I don't see light in his eyes...

Ain't that the truth? Does the man ever smile? It almost never happens; just the scowl.

And my apologies to Dr. Dobson; I mistakenly said "Mr." Dobson. I don't know why he would come out like this, though, with this odd statement.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Online roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2016, 09:18:00 pm »
Why am I not shocked that Trump's Christian pastor buddies  [...]

Actually, I am pretty proud of them as a whole... His meeting with Evangelical leaders was clearly a 'drag a 100-dollar bill through a trailer park' event... That some would compromise their role is probably to be expected... That so few defected is the remarkable part of this conversation.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2016, 09:30:55 pm »
Ain't that the truth? Does the man ever smile? It almost never happens; just the scowl.

Nevermind the expressions of the face. Just look at the eyes. Stone-flat. Calculating.

That alone is enough to send the hair on the back of my neck to crawling.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2016, 09:37:30 pm »

And my apologies to Dr. Dobson; I mistakenly said "Mr." Dobson. I don't know why he would come out like this, though, with this odd statement.

One wonders if Dobson is free lancing this. Per NY Times, calls not being returned,

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2016, 10:14:17 pm »
At minimum, he's going to have a few personal calls going to Cruz, Carson, and Rubio, i.e. now fellow Christians who's character he publicly impugned.  After that, public apologies.

^^^^^
That

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2016, 10:23:02 pm »
If he did, good for him, but I thought he claimed already to be a Christian, even making a point that nobody reads the Bible more than he.

He also said that the reason for his IRS audit was because he was such a big Christian.  He's really gonna be in for it now! /sarc

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2016, 10:54:27 pm »
Dr. James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ

Kilgore Trout ‏@Beer__Wolf 4h4 hours ago

What an embarrassing typo. Clearly means Christie.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2016, 11:09:16 pm »
Kilgore Trout ‏@Beer__Wolf 4h4 hours ago

What an embarrassing typo. Clearly means Christie.

LOL ~ okay, now it makes (better) sense!!  :laugh:
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2016, 03:00:07 am »
It has conversion of convenience written all over it.

Trump would convert to being a shoe if shoes could vote and give him the win and I apologize to shoes for using them as an example of his narcissism.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2016, 03:26:47 am »
Well Dr. Dobson is a man who I have had a deep respect for.  Listen to his program all the time.  Good Christian and Family man.  It isn't for me to judge whether Trump accepted Christ or not.  Of course I will pray that he has.  It will not change my opinion of whether he is fit to be President of the United States of America.  What I mean is whether I think that he would do a good job of representing our Already Great Country.  So far I have to say no.  Can't support him.  But I will pray for him that the Lord reveals Himself to Trump in a powerful way and brings about healing that leads to the life change that only the Lord Jesus can bring upon a life.   

So prayers for Donald Trump. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2016, 03:55:52 am »
No doubt money's changed hands for Dobson to come forward like this.  Dobson, like Trump, loves the benjamins.

Dobson heard a rumor.

That is what this is about.

Seriously.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2016, 05:01:48 am »
YUP. 'Road to Damascus' conversions DO in fact occur - Praise Yahova for his mercy - But that conversion must be examined for years to evaluate it's veracity. Paul himself, took off into the wilderness for three years, being fitted for his spiritual work, before he engaged the community of man. And even then, with all the power of an Apostle, mind you, he still had to convince people of his change of heart, even with the Spirit shining brightly in his eyes.

And forgive me for it, but the last place a brand new Christian ought to be is running for a public office, not to mention the highest office in the land. The change in life and mind is all-consuming to the point that every new Christian I have known is nearly insufferable for quite a long while. All one can do, really, is hold on and encourage them until they grow mature in the Spirit... Such a one should not be put upon for any other thing while it is happening.
And by the way, I do not see those hallmarks in Mr. Trump. I don't see light in his eyes, and for as volatile and heart-on-the-sleeve as the man is in his natural state, he is sure covering up that Spirit to an amazing degree. If YHWH put me in front of tens-of-thousands, I doubt the Spirit would be silent in me... In fact, I know he wouldn't. The Good News would come out of my mouth, because that is all my mouth is for... But Trump's speeches are all but bereft of YHWH.

So, as is my wont in such things, I will give him the benefit of the doubt in that he admits Yeshua, but I will look askance until that saving faith is made manifest without any doubt in his life, and in his voice... Because that is what happens when it is real.

What I have gotten from Trump prior to this is the holiday religious.  Easter, Christmas every year.  It was obvious that even if he was sincere he never read the Bible that he waved around.  Otherwise he would have realized that life changing salvation requires faith in the Cross and forgiveness of sins.  Salvation requires admitting that you need Jesus and forgiveness of sins by the blood He shed.

OK, so say Donald Trump did acknowledge the truth and asked the Lord to come into his life.  In order to grow in the faith it is going to require reading that Bible and attending church to gain knowledge and wisdom from God's Word.  So you are right.  A baby Christian is not prepared to take on the office of President.  It doesn't make him immediately full of wisdom.  It makes him broken.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.