Author Topic: Dr. James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ  (Read 11251 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Dr. James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2016, 01:16:26 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2016, 01:18:06 pm »
The Billy Ghramm that told America that a guy that profits from the abortions his laws helped happen was a Godly man?

THAT Billy Ghramm? Sorry. He's a fraud and that proved it.

Don't know own the reference you refer too but it's apparent you expect all others to be perfect.   Only one man has been perfect.

Denouncing good men and women because they are not as good as Jesus is not a quality to be admired.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2016, 01:24:17 pm »
Don't know own the reference you refer too but it's apparent you expect all others to be perfect.   Only one man has been perfect.

Denouncing good men and women because they are not as good as Jesus is not a quality to be admired.

That would be Mitt Romney.

Not particularly concerned with what qualities you admire when you are supporting a guy that backs a guy like Romney because obviously your perspective is lacking. "Good men" nor the Bible, nor Jesus ever put in a good word/support for abortion legislating profiteers.

Simple fact of history. Romney did what he did and BG backed him for the highest office in the land knowing it. If you find anything 'Godly" in that you have a very warped view of what constitutes 'Godly".

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2016, 01:26:35 pm »

goopo
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2016, 02:09:56 pm »
Put this revelation past my husband this morning, as he gives the benefit of doubt to situations, especially concerning Christ, more than anyone I know, and after he listened to me, he said nothing, did an eye roll, and continued getting ready for work.

Inasmuch as I'd like to believe Dr. Dobson, this is going to have to stay at an eye roll for me too, until more concrete evidence (public apologies, etc.) comes forth.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:32:02 pm by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2016, 02:18:19 pm »
I have yet to see a 'famous chtistian'...AKA gloryhound/attention whore, that ever put the Bible and God over their fame/income.

Trump would have made a fantastic televangelist. And he still might.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2016, 02:27:09 pm »
Trump would have made a fantastic televangelist. And he still might.

Certainly fits the profile.

Oceander

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2016, 02:28:08 pm »
Certainly fits the profile.

Yes, he does.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2016, 02:30:02 pm »
Well if one wants to believe in fairies and unicorns be my guest.

Trump is a malignant narcissist and those sorts don't have convenient epiphanies when they are 70.
Unless they're about to die.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2016, 02:36:04 pm »
Unless they're about to die.

Do you mean he's afraid someone will kill him, or do you mean he might have a serious illness?
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2016, 02:46:52 pm »
Do you mean he's afraid someone will kill him, or do you mean he might have a serious illness?
I don't know. All I do know is that a lot of these late-in-life conversions are because they know their life on Earth isn't going to last much longer so they'll make peace while they can.

If Trump has truly repented, he may be concerned about how long he has left to live. However, I do note that his father Fred lived to be 93, so at 70, Donald may still live quite a while longer.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2016, 02:54:50 pm »
I don't know. All I do know is that a lot of these late-in-life conversions are because they know their life on Earth isn't going to last much longer so they'll make peace while they can.

If Trump has truly repented, he may be concerned about how long he has left to live. However, I do note that his father Fred lived to be 93, so at 70, Donald may still live quite a while longer.

Okay, I understand now. My father used to say church pews were filled with old people because they were "cramming for the finals."

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2016, 03:30:26 pm »
You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles?  Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.  A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2016, 04:16:47 pm »
Sounds like you have a husband as sweet as you are.  I'm glad to hear it.  You deserve it.

Thank you! I married a guy whose only desire in life was to become a saint. After we were married ten or so years (and had four busy children), I asked him how his quest was going, and he said, "Oh, no, I gave up on that long ago! We have kids!!" ^-^

Offline Idiot

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2016, 04:23:32 pm »
I sincerely pray that Mr. Trump has accepted Jesus Christ to be his Lord and Savior...as I wish no one to enter the gates of hell.  Still....this doesn't mean that he would make a good president.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2016, 04:28:31 pm »
I think the bottom line is that when some old sinner tells you he's made a snap conversion you can gauge his sincerity by noting what he has to gain from it.

Apart from that, time is the only true test.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2016, 05:15:29 pm »
I thought about this a bit more overnight, and prayed for Trump this morning.  However, I think I have a good analogy to clarify this situation.

Christian's are directed by Christ to forgive.   The last message Christ gave us before he ascended to heaven was to seek the lost, and lead them to Christ.  We're overjoyed, really, when a sinner finds salvation through Christ.  Dobson's story about Trump is one we'd like to hear. 

Imagine a thief, who preyed specifically on the most feeble among us.  Say this thief amassed $millions from graft involving widows and orphans.  He has his Damascus moment, while in the docket.  He publicly confesses his sins, and has what appears to all to be a sincere conversion.  The judge is moved, sentences him to probation and time served, and this new Christian is allowed back on the streets.  To all who meets him, he as a new creature, attending church, giving to the poor, serving the community.  However, he continues to live lavishly on a mansion on a hill overlooking the town, while the widows and orphans he made destitute continue to suffer.  So, what's wrong with this joyful picture?

That's the situation with Trump.  As much as we're cheered to hear of his possible conversion, (a) the public has yet to hear it from his lips - as far as we know, he's the same "sinless Christian" with nothing to repent of, as he was before, and (b) he's still the apparent GOP nominee, having bested other Christian candidates who he accused of ghastly sins, they never committed.

No, Trumps conversion does not make me a Trump voter.  He'd have to be a far different man than the thief walking away with his spoils.

#NeverTrump, because
#ForeverChristian, and
#OathKeeper
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:17:08 pm by OldSaltUSN »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2016, 05:25:51 pm »
Can we start a Christian prayer chain for Mr. Trump on this site?   Anyone know?

========================

This is NOT the site to do that on.

Period.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2016, 05:37:13 pm »
Dobson's a bit on the weird side:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/2010/06/the-lies-of-james-dobson/

So, as I suspected, in your mind Dobson is "weird", or is a fraud for sale, specifically because he does not accept gay perversions. 

Well, that, my friend, is where we part company.  It's also where Christ parts company from you.  You have a pro-gay bias; so be it.

However, you defamed Dobson's honesty and accused him of taking a payoff, merely because he's a Christian consistent with the Bible and historic Christianity.  I've noticed that once a person sinks into moral depravity, no one and nothing is off-limits to false accusations. 

Disappointed, but these are the times, re:  "As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be when the Son of Man returns ...".  God punished Sodom and Gomorrah with fire and brimstone, and the result of the USA internalizing gay perversion, will ultimately be no different.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2016, 05:43:19 pm »
Thank you! I married a guy whose only desire in life was to become a saint. After we were married ten or so years (and had four busy children), I asked him how his quest was going, and he said, "Oh, no, I gave up on that long ago! We have kids!!" ^-^

:amen:

:th_10444:

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2016, 05:46:46 pm »
========================

This is NOT the site to do that on.

Period.

Your reason's for making that statement are unclear, and we can only imagine.

However, I do praise God that you're not a moderator on TBR.  FreeRepublic has recent openings, however, and you'd probably fit right in.

Period.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2016, 06:54:43 pm »
Can we start a Christian prayer chain for Mr. Trump on this site?   Anyone know?

He will need one.  I suggest you do the honors.  I will pray for him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2016, 07:19:36 pm »
Liberal Atheist site attacking a Christian...  :pondering:

That is right up the ally, for #nevertrump phony conservatives. Dobson has long been a sought after, authentic endorsement.

I seriously doubt he needs, or would take money. But we better wait to see who Benny Hinn endorses, and the Duggar Family, too.

This entire "who is the better Christian" thing amuses and entertains me. Confuse, distort, disrupt ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2016, 07:44:20 pm »

Inasmuch as I'd like to believe Mr. Dobson, this is going to have to stay at an eye roll for me too, until more concrete evidence (public apologies, etc.) comes forth.

YUP. 'Road to Damascus' conversions DO in fact occur - Praise Yahova for his mercy - But that conversion must be examined for years to evaluate it's veracity. Paul himself, took off into the wilderness for three years, being fitted for his spiritual work, before he engaged the community of man. And even then, with all the power of an Apostle, mind you, he still had to convince people of his change of heart, even with the Spirit shining brightly in his eyes.

And forgive me for it, but the last place a brand new Christian ought to be is running for a public office, not to mention the highest office in the land. The change in life and mind is all-consuming to the point that every new Christian I have known is nearly insufferable for quite a long while. All one can do, really, is hold on and encourage them until they grow mature in the Spirit... Such a one should not be put upon for any other thing while it is happening.

And by the way, I do not see those hallmarks in Mr. Trump. I don't see light in his eyes, and for as volatile and heart-on-the-sleeve as the man is in his natural state, he is sure covering up that Spirit to an amazing degree. If YHWH put me in front of tens-of-thousands, I doubt the Spirit would be silent in me... In fact, I know he wouldn't. The Good News would come out of my mouth, because that is all my mouth is for... But Trump's speeches are all but bereft of YHWH.

So, as is my wont in such things, I will give him the benefit of the doubt in that he admits Yeshua, but I will look askance until that saving faith is made manifest without any doubt in his life, and in his voice... Because that is what happens when it is real.

Silver Pines

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2016, 08:38:55 pm »
Yeah, I'll wait and see on this one.  I happen to agree with Steve Deace, who when asked about this, referred the questioner to Matthew 7:17-20.

Dobson's remarks are odd, though.  He says he knows the man who supposedly led Trump to Christ, and it happened recently, but then says he didn't know when it was.  If he knows the man, wouldn't the guy have told him when it happened?

"I think that he's open"--to what?  Being a Christian?  Believing in God?  Isn't that a given with people who accept Christ?

I find it interesting that this comes after Ben Carson pretty much admitted Trump was a functioning atheist.

All in all, Dobson's account is the most apologetic and excuse-offering story of personal salvation I've ever seen...."You've got to cut him some slack....he didn't grow up like we did....I think he is listening...he's nicer than you think...I think there's hope for him."  What?  Does everyone have to be raised in a Southern Baptist family to accept Jesus, or is Dobson implying that Trump's circumstances as a supposedly new Christian are unique?  And why wouldn't there be hope for him if he was just born again?

Sounds to me like Dobson is trying hard to sell this one, and unsurprisingly, some are leaping at it, wanting badly to believe it, wanting a reason to vote for Trump. 

But whether it's true or not, I'm still #NeverTrump.  As the Trump supporters always said about Ted Cruz, I'm not electing a pastor.  If Trump's conversion is true, great, but he's still a liberal and he's still woefully and frighteningly unprepared for the office of the presidency.