Author Topic: Dr. James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ  (Read 11259 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Dr. James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ
« on: June 25, 2016, 02:41:23 am »
Dr. James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ
4:00PM EDT 6/24/2016 Bob Eschliman   

Donald Trump, according to a new report, has accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior.

No, you didn't accidentally click on The Onion. That's a factual statement, according to a well-respected evangelical faith leader.

Dr. James Dobson, who was among the more than 900 evangelical faith leaders who met with the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting in New York City, says it happened fairly recently. He also said he knew who led the businessman to Christ.

"I don't know when it was, but it has not been long," Dobson told Godfactor's Michael Anthony in an exclusive interview. "I believe he really made a commitment, but he's a baby Christian. We all need to be praying for him, especially if there's a possibility of him being our next chief executive officer."

"I think that he's open," he added. "He doesn't know our language, he really doesn't, and he refers a lot to religion and not much to faith and belief."

To that, Anthony responded, "I imagine Saul, when he became Paul, didn't know the language, either."

"Yeah, well you've got to cut him some slack. He didn't grow up like we did," Dobson responded. "I think there's hope for him, and I think there's hope for us. I have great concerns about the next election."

Dobson said he was in the "small group" of 40 faith leaders who met with Trump earlier in the day at Trump Tower, and that he had a chance to interact directly with the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting.

"He's a lot nicer guy than you [think]," he said. "I think he is listening. There were a lot of people ministering to him personally."

Dobson also praised the event, during which he said faith leaders were "genuinely seeking the Lord's direction" in the things Trump was saying.

"He's sometimes kind of obscure in the way that he answers questions, and we wanted to ask him directly, with follow-up questions," he said. "We got a chance to do that."

http://www.charismanews.com/politics/elections/58042-dr-james-dobson-donald-trump-has-accepted-christ

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

geronl

Re: Dr. James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 02:51:32 am »
Dobson has lost his mind.

Trump is a perv, a vulgar, vile pervert. There is no evidence of any conversion.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 03:00:33 am »
Can we start a Christian prayer chain for Mr. Trump on this site?   Anyone know? 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 03:09:06 am »
No doubt money's changed hands for Dobson to come forward like this.  Dobson, like Trump, loves the benjamins.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 03:13:20 am »
Can we start a Christian prayer chain for Mr. Trump on this site?   Anyone know?

No.  Trump says we should not pray for our national leaders.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline WAC

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 03:20:55 am »

Well so many have been praying for this....as I mentioned before...Trumps never in his life been surrounded by so many wise and pwerful Christians.  And there's no doubt in my mind that ONLY men such as that would be heard by Trump .....I've seen this before with powerful strong men.....and Trumps really taken a beating from people, even if he brings it on himself, I wondered if it would get to him sufficient to bend his knee eventually.

I expect nothing form Trump in his new found faith....I remember well it took some time to really understand my life had changed.

Dr. Dobson would not say this about Trump if it weren't so.......but I'll wait and see how this develops....it could be another news piece and that's all.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 03:22:25 am »

Go ahead. A prayer thread never hurts, ever.

I'd suggest starting it in the caucus group, so people don't take liberties, otherwise Members only.

Offline WAC

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 03:24:40 am »
No doubt money's changed hands for Dobson to come forward like this.  Dobson, like Trump, loves the benjamins.

LOLOL.......that statement belongs on the Fri silly thread.

Offline WAC

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 03:28:27 am »

I'd suggest starting it in the caucus group, so people don't take liberties, otherwise Members only.

.....he will really need it if this news is true.....I've been praying for him anyway...and not surprised if this is true. There's no way he could continue with the way he was being beaten on,  ...and I'm not the only one that thought this might occur.

Offline WAC

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 03:30:37 am »
Dobson has lost his mind.

Trump is a perv, a vulgar, vile pervert. There is no evidence of any conversion.

It takes time, some more than others to grasp their life will change after this......I won't expect much change....if true it's enough to do what we're called to do anyway which is to pray for leaders. ...

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 03:32:33 am »
Perhaps this explains the change in his demeanor recently...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 03:35:49 am »
Apparently, all roads lead to Damascus.

Offline WAC

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 03:38:39 am »

Salvation is not behavior modification, although that will come, it is heart transformation. Nobody should expect to see anything this soon.....or look too closely IMO. If the guy gets hammered with Bibles , as some do, and how he should "behave" ..we all know how that goes....I say leave him be and let Gods Spirit do what none of us could ever do for what he wants to change in Trump most likely isn't what we want changed anyway.

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 03:41:31 am »

Thanks ... but I'd like everyone to be able to participate---even in spirit.  Neither the caucus room or Members Only allows for that  Another suggestion?

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 03:43:16 am »
No.  Trump says we should not pray for our national leaders.

What does your heart say?

Offline Mod2

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 03:46:41 am »
Thanks ... but I'd like everyone to be able to participate---even in spirit.  Neither the caucus room or Members Only allows for that  Another suggestion?

Fair point. I'm just being lazy. Put it in Repub and Dem Primaries and it'll get stickied.

And yes, I'll watch it (or one of us will) and deal with anyone who may think it's amusing to trash a prayer thread.

HonestJohn

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 03:49:17 am »
This is vomit inducing.

Offline WAC

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 04:00:27 am »

Town Hall has an interesting article from people who were there at this last meeting with him who definately saw a difference in Trump ....well worth the read.....

“There was a palpable humility in the room that gets me kind of emotional to talk about it,” Anthony shared. “It was really unique.”

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2016/06/22/pastor-god-was-speaking-through-trump-at-meeting-n2181900

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 04:11:48 am »

Ya know, Sink, you and I are in sync on lots if issues.  However, I know and have known about Dobson for quite sometime.  He's been a man of exceptional integrity, and has not been using his ministry for personal gain.  If you know otherwise, I'd like to see a thread of attribution, pretty darn quick.  I see this kind of accusation from militant atheists all the time, particularly by gays against Christians who have led the fight against the normalization of sexual perversion.

On the other hand, if Trump has accepted Christ, it will come as an answer to the prayers of millions of Christians, including this one.  If that is the case, Trump needs no political counsel.  He needs the approximately 3 years that Saul took enroute to becoming the Apostle Paul.  If he drops out from his quest for power and takes that trip, he'll have me in his corner.  Otherwise, he'll be just another celebrity "Christian" trying to reverse fortunes by using Christ.

Time will tell.  Nothing would surprise me, coming from a deceitful man like Trump.  Nothing would surprise me, either, including true conversions led by an infinite God.  I hope we are seeing the latter.

Offline WAC

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 04:18:47 am »
The timing is highly suspect.  This has scam written all over it.  Trump wants to win the presidency.  This is a calculated move to scam a segment of the electorate, imo.  Trump shows absolutely no sign of possessing a DROP of humility or submission to the Lordship of Christ.  Not a drop.  He is a pompous, haughty, self-promoter.  He's also a known scammer.  To me this just makes those buying it look like the biggest suckers on earth.

I believe if Trump were truly converted he withdraw from the campaign for the office of Presidency.  I truly do.  Nothing else will convince me.  His campaign has been such a violation of all that is fair and decent that only a full out withdrawal would prove repentance.

Well I say wait.....what I'm discovering so far are those who have seen a surprising change in him that have been with him all along....so I wouldn't jump too quick on this....Dobson wouldn't say it if he himself wasn't convinced....

If true....you cannot expect big changes in this man...most know this takes time to grasp...if it's phony, which again wouldn't be stated by Dobson if he thought so...and he has meet with Trump.

I say WAIT.

Offline WAC

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 04:24:30 am »
....if Trump has accepted Christ, it will come as an answer to the prayers of millions of Christians, including this one.  If that is the case, Trump needs no political counsel.  He needs the approximately 3 years that Saul took enroute to becoming the Apostle Paul.  If he drops out from his quest for power and takes that trip, he'll have me in his corner.  Otherwise, he'll be just another celebrity "Christian" trying to reverse fortunes by using Christ.

Time will tell.  Nothing would surprise me, coming from a deceitful man like Trump.  Nothing would surprise me, either, including true conversions led by an infinite God.  I hope we are seeing the latter.

People need to wait.....my gosh after my own conversion there weren't people standing over me waiting with baited breath to "see" anything other than the person they knw me to be...because Salvation is first and foremost a matter of the heart.....there's been  more than a few new Christians turned off completely by Christians with high expectations of "performance."...over the work God's Spirit chooses to do in a man.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 04:25:53 am »
The timing is highly suspect.  This has scam written all over it.  Trump wants to win the presidency.  This is a calculated move to scam a segment of the electorate, imo.  Trump shows absolutely no sign of possessing a DROP of humility or submission to the Lordship of Christ.  Not a drop.  He is a pompous, haughty, self-promoter.  He's also a known scammer.  To me this just makes those buying it look like the biggest suckers on earth.

I believe if Trump were truly converted he withdraw from the campaign for the office of Presidency.  I truly do.  Nothing else will convince me.  His campaign has been such a violation of all that is fair and decent that only a full out withdrawal would prove repentance.

A man who has fully understood the dimension of sin, what that sin cost our Savior, Jesus Christ, the ultimate consequences of that sin, and has confessed his sin before God and fully committed his life to Christ, is going to change pretty quickly.  At minimum, he's going to have a few personal calls going to Cruz, Carson, and Rubio, i.e. now fellow Christians who's character he publicly impugned.  After that, public apologies.  After that, I'm not sure; I am not God, I only read his Word.  No one can prove Trumps supposed conversion as "true" or "false', as Scripture indicates, by his deeds he will be known.   

As a Christian brother, I'd advise him that his soul, and perhaps his wives and children's souls as well, are far more important than gaining the Presidency.  If his call from God comes at an inconvenient time, so be it.  He should drop out and reconcile all areas of his life with God, before letting the Presidential campaign trail eat him alive.

If this isn't a scam, this certainly will become the most interesting election in history.   I wish Trump well, personally and spiritually.  I still won't vote for him, and as I've said before, based on his history and words, I could not imagine a scenario in which I could support him.  I truly wish, that were not the case.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:27:50 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 04:32:57 am »

Yes, I also believe Trump has handed out money to Dobson and to the Pastor of the Dallas First Baptist Church.  This Dallas pastor was all for Cruz then suddenly he is all over Trump and on Fox and CNN praising Trump.  And I include the Liberty University president, too.  Trump will be anything anyone wants and but he believes in nothing but himself.

Offline WAC

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 04:36:02 am »
There's a huge difference between where Trump is at if this conversion is true, and where Saul was at when he was blindsided by the Living Christ.

Saul was 'killing Christians'......and he was later  called to carry a message of the very man he was persecuting.

Trumps in an entirely different place...many have been praying for him and he's been 'hard pressed" to bend the knee by the hound of heaven.

Looks like he has done just that from what I'm hearing...

Offline WAC

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 04:40:27 am »
Yes, I also believe Trump has handed out money to Dobson and to the Pastor of the Dallas First Baptist Church.  This Dallas pastor was all for Cruz then suddenly he is all over Trump and on Fox and CNN praising Trump.  And I include the Liberty University president, too.  Trump will be anything anyone wants and but he believes in nothing but himself.

You give Trump way too much power beyond that he has over men. ...and that includes is wallet.

My gosh the people opposing Trump are starting to sound like those who fill his rallies! 

For people who well know Dobson and others.....you're really barking up the wrong tree IMO.