Author Topic: A Republican delegate revolt becomes more likely  (Read 11897 times)

Offline WAC

Re: A Republican delegate revolt becomes more likely
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2016, 07:37:55 pm »
Continuing to ignore the inane Trump cheerleaders....Dump Trump!

Well as I see it no matter how many Trump cheerleaders are ignored...Trump currently is the man of the hour.  And what if he is confirmed at Convention....the delegates are in charge at this point. If the rules change to vote freely they will be all the more and there really is no way we can know which way they'll go.

Interesting that Cruz will not be "releasing" his delegates. Which regardless if he is or not who the GOP want to replace Trump...that's still a card he can play to affect the turnout.

If for some reason Cruz rises to stand again I'll be there to  vote for him in the General in a heart beat!...until then Trump it is.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2016, 07:39:31 pm »
Indeed.

Trump is pro gay agenda and is fine with gay marriage and Trannies in ladies rooms

Trump outsources his products to the global manufacturers rather than American.

Trump brags about his touchback amnesty and 'Big Beautiful Door" in his wall which negates the entire purpose of a border and of a wall on that border.

Very disturbing that people support such a disgusting human being.
Facts are not your friend. Trump has proposed conservative Judges for the USSC so far. He has made clear he is returning education to local control. He has also made clear he will protect Christian's religious freedom removing such things as the prohibition for talking politics in churches. Smart people understand that that is how you repair our culture not by lying about such things while being owned by Gay Marriage Activist Billionaires...

The meme of touch back amnesty is a lie. Congress controls the immigration laws for who can come in. Legally is defined by them not the President.

While hes a business man nobody is going to hold him to fault for saving money. Until you show a competitive Domestic alternative exiting right now you have nothing to beat him up with while hes not in a position to change the trade environment and regulations. 

Now explain why you are fighting to nominate a RINO knowing it will elect Hillary in November.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline WAC

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2016, 07:42:27 pm »
....There is no way any RINO the #neverTrump people select can win.

The #NeverTrump crowd  are not the ones who are orchestrating this now. They may have initiate the idea publically as they did, but they are not the ones handling this revolt the article speaks of.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2016, 07:47:40 pm »
Facts are not your friend. Trump has proposed conservative Judges for the USSC so far. He has made clear he is returning education to local control. He has also made clear he will protect Christian's religious freedom removing such things as the prohibition for talking politics in churches. Smart people understand that that is how you repair our culture not by lying about such things while being owned by Gay Marriage Activist Billionaires...

The meme of touch back amnesty is a lie. Congress controls the immigration laws for who can come in. Legally is defined by them not the President.

While hes a business man nobody is going to hold him to fault for saving money. Until you show a competitive Domestic alternative exiting right now you have nothing to beat him up with while hes not in a position to change the trade environment and regulations. 

Now explain why you are fighting to nominate a RINO knowing it will elect Hillary in November.

Every word I stated is factually supported. You can spin like a top. Matters not at all.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2016, 07:48:00 pm »
I decided this morning, that many who cling to the #nevertrump identity, are in reality phoney conservatives.

They take the liberal side on most topics, as an example. Many defend globalism. They also defend risky muslims in our midst, unchecked illegal immigration, etc.

That's a pretty broad brush you're using to tarnish the integrity of a whole lot of good people, who you THINK will vote for your candidate.
Trump lies, and I guess, so do some of his supporters.

You obviously are a bit low on the common sense quotient.  Good luck with your strategy.  Somehow, I think it ends with Hillary in the White House.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2016, 07:49:40 pm »
The #NeverTrump crowd  are not the ones who are orchestrating this now. They may have initiate the idea publically as they did, but they are not the ones handling this revolt the article speaks of.
Actually they are, Ryan is #nevertrump, the funds behind the operation are from the same people who bankrolled the creation of #neverTrump such as the CEO of Google, etc. Notice its very few non-party officials in the list of anti-Trump delegates? Its really not much more than the GOPe trying a last ditch attempt to stop Trump and insert a RINO in his place.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline WAC

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2016, 07:50:01 pm »
Do you think the GOP will avoid an epic disaster if it steals the nomination from Trump?  That would be a far worse tragedy of irrecoverable proportions.

The GOP wouldn't be stealing anything. I would hope that by now people understand the process. Further just as Trump has not played his hand according to the standards, and he broke no rules doing that....So  why would you think the GOP would hold to the standards and not use the perfectly 'legal' steps they have to oppose him further???....After all it's Trump that changed the dynamics of the election.

This is why we are a Republic and not a Democracy...."checks and balances".

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2016, 07:50:17 pm »

I'm not fighting to nominate your candidate. I have always said I'm voting for a conservative.

YOUR candidate opposes many of the planks of the Republican platform. Why are YOU trying to nominate a RINO by definition?

Because you are anything but conservative.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2016, 07:51:33 pm »
Facts are not your friend.

Pot, meet kettle.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2016, 07:52:54 pm »
Pot, meet kettle.

Not sure why some people hate their country so much they will blatantly lie to distort their candidate's actual Anti-American statements. But clearly they do.

geronl

« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2016, 07:53:12 pm »
Trump is the biggest liberal RINO there ever was.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2016, 07:53:53 pm »
 Mechanicos you still  must have had me on ignore when I asked you to stop accusing people who are not voting for Trump Hillary supporters...make your case but don't accuse members of something they aren't.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2016, 07:54:27 pm »
Trump is the biggest liberal RINO there ever was.

And considering that Romney exists, that's a hell of an accomplishment.

Offline WAC

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2016, 07:55:01 pm »
Actually they are, Ryan is #nevertrump, the funds behind the operation are from the same people who bankrolled the creation of #neverTrump such as the CEO of Google, etc. Notice its very few non-party officials in the list of anti-Trump delegates? Its really not much more than the GOPe trying a last ditch attempt to stop Trump and insert a RINO in his place.

Following the money it looks like they simply switched to support this new group because they are far more organized to get it done then the Never Trump crowd was......it's not so much who opposes him as who has the ability to pull it off the most.

But they are not in charge.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2016, 07:56:16 pm »
I can agree to that as well, and don't think there are many who can honestly say it was otherwise...
However, politics is a high stakes game. ...Trump broke no' laws' of the system, he simply played his hand as he chose. The problem was and remains that his opponents, the media and their staffs "EXPECTED" otherwise for him to conform to the standards of running a campaign....he didn't. ....

....Worse is none of them knew what to do to rise above the tidal wave he was on, they really didn't....Furthermore  once the media got greedy for ratings it was obvious, the candidates needed to "outrageously "perform to get the attention of the media or the "star" would be Trump..daily and like a drum beat 24/7......we all heard and saw this..... That's what the public wanted so they got fed it. ...Trump set the stage in all it's glitz and glamor and the media chose to join the circus. That this was a serious election was no longer significant to the media, rather TV viewing and ratings were. And that's a fact we all know.

I will vote for Trump if he's confirmed....but this is one God awful election I never want to see the likes of again!!!

I think people are forgetting that Donald Trump came into this race a novice with a bull's-eye on his back. EVERYONE, from his presidential opponents to the liberal media, conservative media, DC establishment republicans and democrats, and every late night comedian and their mother came gunning for Donald Trump.

Considering the odds, and considering the arena in which he fought: the pigsty profession of politics, Donald Trump won it fair and square using the Marquee of Queensberry rules which is customary in politics. Remember, it ain't beanbag.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:56:56 pm by aligncare »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2016, 07:56:27 pm »
That's a pretty broad brush you're using to tarnish the integrity of a whole lot of good people, who you THINK will vote for your candidate.
Trump lies, and I guess, so do some of his supporters.

You obviously are a bit low on the common sense quotient.  Good luck with your strategy.  Somehow, I think it ends with Hillary in the White House.
OldsaltUSN nobody is saying all, but even you had to have asked yourself WTF at some of the arguments some of the most aggressive #neverTrump people have put forth in other threads and to attack Trump. Such as for "reasonable gun control," Such as for "gay marriage," such as for "NAFTA/TPP is good," calling Trump Racist for standing up to unchecked Jihadist immigration, open borders etc.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2016, 07:59:50 pm »
I think people are forgetting that Donald Trump came into this race a novice with a bull's-eye on his back. EVERYONE, from his presidential opponents to the liberal media, conservative media, DC establishment republicans and democrats, and every late night comedian and their mother came gunning for Donald Trump.

Considering the odds, and considering the arena in which he fought: the pigsty profession of politics, Donald Trump won it fair and square using the Marquee of Queensberry rules which is customary in politics. Remember, it ain't beanbag.

The last novice we put in power was a roaring success. 8 years of constitutional governance. That Obama guy was AWESOME!!!!

Not.

Trump has not won the nomination fair, unfair or otherwise. You are giving a win that has not yet occurred. There is no logical reason to do that. So you are just spreading a lie.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2016, 08:00:55 pm »
Mechanicos you still  must have had me on ignore when I asked you to stop accusing people who are not voting for Trump Hillary supporters...make your case but don't accuse members of something they aren't.
Mystery-ak, I have made a logical argument for that. Most Trump supporters will not support anybody selected at the convention if its not Trump. Since we are the majority of Republican voters its math supporting the argument that if we do not support Ryan or Bush et al - who would be the only ones that would be selected - that the Democrat will win.

So its follows, No Trump = No party.
And no I do not have you on ignore. I do not get PINGs or whatever. If I do not see it in mail or on a thread I do not see it at all.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:02:42 pm by Mechanicos »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2016, 08:01:49 pm »
OldsaltUSN nobody is saying all, but even you had to have asked yourself WTF at some of the arguments some of the most aggressive #neverTrump people have put forth in other threads and to attack Trump. Such as for "reasonable gun control," Such as for "gay marriage," such as for "NAFTA/TPP is good," calling Trump Racist for standing up to unchecked Jihadist immigration, open borders etc.

Gun control is unconstitutional.

Gay marriage is not conservative.

Trump is fine with both.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2016, 08:02:25 pm »
Mystery-ak, I have made a logical argument for that. Most Trump supporters will not support anybody selected at the convention if its not Trump. Since we are the majority of Republican voters its math supporting the argument that if we do not support Ryan or Bush et al - who would be the only ones that would be selected - that the Democrat will win.

That is the voter's right..this is how it works.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2016, 08:03:08 pm »

No, you repeated Trumpian smears. Thats all you can do other than lie openly.

Offline WAC

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2016, 08:04:18 pm »
Most Trump supporters will not support anybody selected at the convention if its not Trump.
That's just not true....I'm supporting Trump currently but let me tell you that if they put up Cruz I'll be there quicker than flies to Honey!
Even Ryan I should think but I would have to think about that.....so no not all Never Trumps won't vote...I was a Never Trumper.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2016, 08:08:46 pm »
That is the voter's right..this is how it works.
It still does not dispel the fact that if #neverTrump is successful at denying Trump the nomination Hillary will win. Because Trump supporters will feel more justified anger and disgust at the actions of the party then #neverTrump has now against Trump.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2016, 08:09:44 pm »
That's just not true....I'm supporting Trump currently but let me tell you that if they put up Cruz I'll be there quicker than flies to Honey!
Even Ryan I should think but I would have to think about that.....so no not all Never Trumps won't vote...I was a Never Trumper.
When I refer to Trump supporters I guess I should say the non-reluctant ones :)

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2016, 08:13:37 pm »
Most Trump supporters will not support anybody selected at the convention if its not Trump.

Then they'll be Hillary supporters as well.  No /s.