Author Topic: Trump: I made fortune with debt, which is 'bad for the country'  (Read 401 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/284289-trump-i-made-fortune-off-debt-which-is-bad-for-the

June 21, 2016, 01:21 pm
Trump: I made fortune with debt, which is 'bad for the country'

By Caitlin Yilek

Obama-Clinton inherited $10T in debt and turned it into nearly $20T. They have bankrupted America while making their donors rich!

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump on Tuesday boasted about being “the king of debt,” saying he made a "fortune" with it as a businessman.

In the same tweet, however, the billionaire said debt is “bad for the country.”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I am "the king of debt."That has been great for me as a businessman, but is bad for the country. I made a fortune off of debt, will fix U.S.
11:55 AM - 21 Jun 2016

In an Instagram post timed with the tweet, he slammed President Obama and presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton for the increased amount of U.S. debt.

“They have bankrupted America while making their donors rich!" the post's caption read.

Trump also repeated his claim that he’s made “a fortune with debt.”

During a high-profile speech in Columbus, Ohio, Clinton on Tuesday hammered Trump on his previous comments, saying he would raise the national debt by borrowing at an unsustainable level.

"The United States of America doesn't do business Trump's way, and it matters when a presidential candidate talks like this, because the world hangs on every word our president says," she said.

"The full faith and credit of the United States is not something we just gamble away. That could cause an economic catastrophe, and it would break 225 years of ironclad trust that the American economy has with Americans and the rest of the world."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump: I made fortune with debt, which is 'bad for the country'
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 06:05:00 pm »
John McNamara ‏@johnthemcnamara
@realDonaldTrump #TrumpsSoPoor he can't actually afford to make sense.  Glad!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 06:07:29 pm »
Trump also repeated his claim that he’s made “a fortune with debt.”

Trump is making a fortune off his campaign.  How can anybody look at this man and not think "scam"? 

There is a cultural divide between Trump supporters and everybody else.  It's similar to the divide over multilevel  marketing.

Multilevel marketing is a scam. You know that, your friends know it, you joke about what a scam it is. Yet, lots of people fall for it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 06:08:00 pm »
Private debt is not the same as public debt.  Private debt can in fact be a good thing if used wisely, and can create positive value.  Public debt almost by definition does not. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 06:16:56 pm »
What is 'Leverage'

Leverage is the use of various financial instruments or borrowed capital, such as margin, to increase the potential return of an investment.

2. The amount of debt used to finance a firm's assets. A firm with significantly more debt than equity is considered to be highly leveraged.

Leverage is most commonly used in real estate transactions through the use of mortgages to purchase a home.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/leverage.asp
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 06:50:13 pm »
What is 'Leverage'

Leverage is the use of various financial instruments or borrowed capital, such as margin, to increase the potential return of an investment.

2. The amount of debt used to finance a firm's assets. A firm with significantly more debt than equity is considered to be highly leveraged.

Leverage is most commonly used in real estate transactions through the use of mortgages to purchase a home.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/leverage.asp

Then Trump's campaign is highly leveraged because it owes $44 million.