Author Topic: Trump just caved on gun control  (Read 11192 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump just caved on gun control
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2016, 05:10:18 pm »
You may be queasy about it, but that is exactly what we did during WWII to Japanese Americans.  We just did not know who were sympathizers.

And we are at war with Radical Islam.

Until those Muslim 'American Citizens' publicly demonstrate a staunch dislike for what the radicals are doing, we will have no choice but to declare them sympathizers.

It is called survival.  This is no time for the mushy middle as you will get killed.

Crazy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2016, 05:19:58 pm »
No one can trust the federal government at this point with names on the 'watch list' that don't belong there for starters.

This is no time to cave to the Left and its insane and incremental assault on the Second Amendment.

The insanity of the terrorists and other mass murderers is only compounded by the Uniparty politicians and inside the beltway special interest group responses to it.

IMHO, and speaking of lists, I have a hunch that this website is probably monitored. I would be careful mentioning what types of weapons we have.   I don't trust the government; not for a minute.  Nor do I trust Trump and him caving on the 2nd amendment is exactly why.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2016, 05:53:11 pm »

:beer:  Only thing you need if you don't have one is a dog to alert you.
We have a Corgi mix...she puts NORAD to shame with regards to "early warning"... 
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2016, 06:05:18 pm »
IMHO, and speaking of lists, I have a hunch that this website is probably monitored. I would be careful mentioning what types of weapons we have.   I don't trust the government; not for a minute.  Nor do I trust Trump and him caving on the 2nd amendment is exactly why.
Something I taught the kids and grandkids:

How many people does it take to keep a secret?

One. After that, it isn't a secret any more.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2016, 06:16:40 pm »

:beer:  Only thing you need if you don't have one is a dog to alert you.

My dog is almost totally deaf now....bet she'd sleep through a nuclear attack...lol.  She doesn't seem to care for the mailman though.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 06:17:53 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline thackney

« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2016, 07:20:25 pm »
I have mixed emotions about this.  On the one hand you have the 2nd amendment, which is the "right to bear arms".  Ok what exactly is that?  At the time it was written, they referred to pistols and rifles....not sure many citizens owned a cannon.  So basically they were saying pistols and rifles.

No.  They were saying firearms, not limited firearms.  It was the right to own and use the same fire power owned by a military power.

Not many owned a cannon, but some merchants did, particularly those that owned their own ships.

"Shall not be infringed"

The language is clear.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

geronl

« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2016, 07:25:58 pm »

So I won't mention the Patriot Missile battery in the backyard and the F-15 I've been rebuilding in the garage.. just a project thing, I don't even know if those AMRAAM's still work.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2016, 07:27:06 pm »
I would think a shotgun.

Short-range and wide-angle.  That way the projectiles don't exit the home and potentially end up in a bystander... and there is no real need to aim if something happens at night, with the lights off.  Point vaguely in the right direction and boom, problem solved.

It's why the Navy uses them if hostile intruders come aboard a ship.

I've got two words for you ....

MAG 7.

South African. Best little sweeper in the world out of the box, bar none. Just learn to reload, because reliable ammo for them is a bitch to find.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2016, 12:28:50 am »
I would think a shotgun.

Short-range and wide-angle.  That way the projectiles don't exit the home and potentially end up in a bystander... and there is no real need to aim if something happens at night, with the lights off.  Point vaguely in the right direction and boom, problem solved.

It's why the Navy uses them if hostile intruders come aboard a ship.

Well, to be honest, um....REALLY honest, the main reason that the Navy uses shotties as a primary anti-intruder weapon is that sailors aren't all that proficient with firearms.   "Practice" is usually done over the side at a very large object with LOTS of harmless water around it.   :silly:

Now, the guys in my units were different (i.e. marksmen), but the average shipboard sailor (where I originally started out), well, you just don't want them firing supersonic rifle rounds in full auto mode around steel and ballistic aluminum structures.  The blowback from that kind of thing sucks, even if they manage to hit the target.

Roving patrols with shotties and a .45 were enough excitement, and with a heavily armed and trained reserved force, backing them up, it was enough.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:31:29 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2016, 12:34:49 am »
So I won't mention the Patriot Missile battery in the backyard and the F-15 I've been rebuilding in the garage.. just a project thing, I don't even know if those AMRAAM's still work.

My falinks sure shortens the dove shoots...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2016, 03:50:34 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2016, 05:46:50 am »
@geronl

Amateur...I'm building an F117 from memory...gonna drop a couple of GBU-27's on someone's a$$ in the near future!   :smokin:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2016, 05:48:16 am »

geronl

« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2016, 05:55:39 am »
@geronl

Amateur...I'm building an F117 from memory...gonna drop a couple of GBU-27's on someone's a$$ in the near future!   :smokin:

One might be enough.

F-117 is mostly paper mache right...

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2016, 06:04:10 am »
One might be enough.

@geronl

Yep...it's my lie, I can tell it how I want to.

But don't you come crying when you get your a$$ waxed and you only heard me just before the pain came raining down, mmmkay?   :tongue2:

geronl

« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2016, 06:08:48 am »
@geronl

of course

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2016, 11:28:26 am »

"Shall not be infringed"

The language is clear.

It's a bit of a read but Judge Scalia's opinion of the court in the Heller case is an excellent reference for gun owners: https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZO.html

Edit:  Ted Cruz represented 31 states in the Heller case.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:30:35 am by Cowboyway »
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Online libertybele

« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2016, 11:36:28 am »
It's a bit of a read but Judge Scalia's opinion of the court in the Heller case is an excellent reference for gun owners: https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZO.html

Silly you...the Trump supporters will argue that Donny has an NRA endorsement even though he just caved on the second amendment. :silly: :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2016, 01:11:55 pm »
Silly you...the Trump supporters will argue that Donny has an NRA endorsement even though he just caved on the second amendment. :silly: :silly:

Arguing with a Trump supporter is akin to arguing with an idiot:  they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2016, 01:21:18 pm »
Rights we don't need no stinkin' right this is WAR. Have you ever studied the plot of 1984?
  What is it?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2016, 03:37:50 pm »
  What is it?
A book by George Orwell. Part of the plot is that they are always at war partly as an excuse for the invasive government. I'd tell you more, but big brother is watching.

You can see how the war excuse is used to take away economic freedoms in F. A. Hayek's Road to Serfdom. It doesn't take much of a logical extrapolation to expand the thought to other freedoms.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2016, 03:51:54 pm »
@geronl

But don't you come crying when you get your a$$ waxed and you only heard me just before the pain came raining down, mmmkay?   :tongue2:

Pffft!

REAL MEN ride Noble Steeds into battle.

FEAR the NOBLE STEED!

http://imgur.com/S2z46

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2016, 04:00:23 pm »
Pffft!

REAL MEN ride Noble Steeds into battle.

FEAR the NOBLE STEED!

http://imgur.com/S2z46

:silly: You should go put that on the Friday Silliness Thread. I don't care who ya are that's funny right there!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

HonestJohn

« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2016, 04:57:53 pm »

That just means "no fringes"... no little lacy brocades and the like.

:tongue2:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2016, 05:51:54 pm »
One might be enough.

I'm thinking with the way things are going these days I might need to take the Harrier I won with my Pepsi Points out of storage.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!