Author Topic: Trump suggests American soldiers stole money intended for Iraqi reconstruction  (Read 9006 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Indeed it did.. They seem to be more organized than us..  I hope the local state GOP ends the concept of open primaries after this fiasco.

Their ranks arent flooded with right wingers like ours are with them.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Indeed it did.. They seem to be more organized than us..  I hope the local state GOP ends the concept of open primaries after this fiasco.

Trump didn't win because of open primaries, he won because of "winner take all". With proportional representation Trump would have been trivial to stop.

Our side isn't even smart enough to understand why they lost.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Great. Wonderful. My day is ruined now. Another screaming loony on the internet thinks I'm not a "real conservative".

Now, try answering my question.

You first. You got one hanging several posts above.

Actually there's no point. You think you are so it's true. We all have our own truths afterall...isn't that the leftist way?

Offline Mechanicos

You are dead wrong.  Look at the quotes. He's clearly talking about American soldiers stealing cash meant for Iraqi reconstruction.  You are entitled to your own feelings, but not your own facts.
Even the wide spun article you posted does not say he said it, it said "suggests" in other words opinionated spin by anti-Trumps not proof he said it the way its being spun.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You first. You got one hanging several posts above.

Actually there's no point. You think you are so it's true. We all have our own truths afterall...isn't that the leftist way?

I answered your question about Milo. To paraphrase my answer is I don't know.

Now answer my question.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I answered your question about Milo. To paraphrase my answer is I don't know.

Now answer my question.

"I don't know" isn't an answer. It is by definition, not having an answer. Get back to me with an answer and I'll be happy to answer you.

Offline markomalley

Doesn't matter, the damage has been done.  People are going to think that Trump just slandered the American troops and Hillary and the DNC is going to hit him over this big time.
Sadly, you're quite right on this point. In today's world, politicians must be concerned not only with what they say, but how it can be selectively edited.

Offline sinkspur

Sadly, you're quite right on this point. In today's world, politicians must be concerned not only with what they say, but how it can be selectively edited.

No.  They have to be concerned about what they say.

Why would Trump bring up something like that?  What's going on in that empty head of his?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline markomalley

Haha, still looking for your echo chamber huh?

FR exiles had another forum way back during the 2012 election called TBL, which allowed liberals to post there. Well the conservatives didn't like that so they took their ball and left. THen that other forum was too "RINO" for this group so they left that forum as well, and started their own third forum, which as far as I can tell is 100% like FR now.

My conclusion is that conservatives are people who just cannot handle people with different opinions. They want an echo chamber.

No, I am not looking for an echo chamber. I am looking for people who can discuss the subject while remaining conservative. I think alleged conservatives quoting Vanity Fair, Mother Jones, and Salon as objective sources is absolutely tragic. And 28 seconds out of an hour speech, 28 seconds out of context, edited by PMS-NBC, is silly. (BTW, if you would want to listen to this in context, you can look at this link: https://youtu.be/3RLK5mn5fvM?t=23m44s -- the infamous quote is around a minute later, but starting at that bookmark gives the context)

Trump gives us plenty of ammo to argue about. And arguments from original sources or from relatively objective or conservative sources. For example, if you would like to complain about Trump on defense, you can talk about Trump on 9/11:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ThZcq1oJQ -- or  here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cReebs6Pizg -- or here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8KQn8i4VJY

These are all in context. And they are valid issues to discuss.

We can talk about Trump's racism (evidenced from his Judge Curiel comments). We don't need to go to Gawker, Salon, Daily Kos, or Media Matters to do so. We can look at the source.

We don't need to turn into flaming leftists, Hildabeast fanbois, or reactionary Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) people to be critical of Trump.

If this site is supposed to be a repository of all anti-Trump matters  regardless of source, regardless of validity, so be it. Not my cup of tea, but, Da Interwebz are a big place, so I guess there's plenty of room for everything.

HonestJohn

That's the truth.

After 8 years of Obama and people really feeling the disaster of his policies, we had the opportunity for a real statesman to step up and clearly define the difference between Conservatism and Liberalism. Like Reagan, to show the power of the individual and promote that over the system. To expose the real impact on centralized power and expecting the government to fix things for you.

Instead we got a reality show carnival barker acting like a WWE wrassler, firing people up with slogans and rhetoric tested to bring out the worst and tear us into even more factions- all while still offering government solutions to their woes.

It is probably a bigger blown opportunity than most realize.

And that's exactly what roughly 35-40% of the GOP electorate want.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Amazing how the Trump Cult...minus one Liberal tool...has been silent on this.

Wonder why that is?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!