Author Topic: Trump suggests American soldiers stole money intended for Iraqi reconstruction  (Read 9011 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

This is just an idiotic form of "no true scotsman":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

I'm so tired of that lazy ass argument.

Conservatism has a definition and a set of principles that guide/inform it. You either agree with them or you don't. No one is born in 'Conservative'. It's not a nationality or a country. If you don't accept it, you arent 'it'. If you follow the ideals of it, then you are 'it'.

What, are you going to tell me that a gay man that runs around talking about how he seduced his priest and loves bragging about himself and his love of oral sex with black men is 'conservative'? Because if you ask ol' Milo Yanopoluous, he thinks he is. So you wanna make the argument that he is? Or is the no true Scottsman meme a steaming pile of crap.

It's one or the other.

Offline ScottinVA

Good God... what was once a hopeful moment (before Trump entered the fray) in a winnable election has morphed into a coming epic train wreck. 

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I'm so tired of that lazy ass argument.

Conservatism has a definition and a set of principles that guide/inform it.

Conservatism was actually started by Edmund Burke. The principles that define it are defined by you. They are not universal.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Good God... what was once a hopeful moment (before Trump entered the fray) in a winnable election has morphed into a coming epic train wreck.

That's the truth.

After 8 years of Obama and people really feeling the disaster of his policies, we had the opportunity for a real statesman to step up and clearly define the difference between Conservatism and Liberalism. Like Reagan, to show the power of the individual and promote that over the system. To expose the real impact on centralized power and expecting the government to fix things for you.

Instead we got a reality show carnival barker acting like a WWE wrassler, firing people up with slogans and rhetoric tested to bring out the worst and tear us into even more factions- all while still offering government solutions to their woes.

It is probably a bigger blown opportunity than most realize.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Conservatism was actually started by Edmund Burke. The principles that define it are defined by you. They are not universal.

Conservatism started right about the time one caveman looked at another and realized they need to work together to stay alive, Whether Burke was there to name it or not. And you didn't answer the question.

Offline Norm Lenhart

That's the truth.

After 8 years of Obama and people really feeling the disaster of his policies, we had the opportunity for a real statesman to step up and clearly define the difference between Conservatism and Liberalism. Like Reagan, to show the power of the individual and promote that over the system. To expose the real impact on centralized power and expecting the government to fix things for you.

Instead we got a reality show carnival barker acting like a WWE wrassler, firing people up with slogans and rhetoric tested to bring out the worst and tear us into even more factions- all while still offering government solutions to their woes.

It is probably a bigger blown opportunity than most realize.

Actually we didn't 'get'. 'We', collectively/generally speaking of course, the supposed right, abandoned and attacked the conservative running in favor of a leftist fraud.

INTENTIONALLY.

Offline ScottinVA

** ZOT **

Cause:  Thou stinkith of retread.

(Oops, wrong site.   :tongue2:  :chairbang: )

:beer:

And let's not forget:  "You're a paid GOP-e tool!" and "You Cruzbot!"

Offline Norm Lenhart

And let's not forget:  "You're a paid GOP-e tool!" and "You Cruzbot!"

Heck, we get that here from the Gang of 5ish ;)

• Technical
Conservatism started right about the time one caveman looked at another and realized they need to work together to stay alive, Whether Burke was there to name it or not. And you didn't answer the question.

Conservatism is about working together to stay alive? Huh?

As for Milo... I can only shrug. I think he's attempting to sell conservatism (or his vision/interpretation of it) to the millennial crowd, and judging from Twitter and Reddit, it seems to be working. He's a bit raunchy for me but I'm now in the "other" generation (read: old) where things I once thought were funny are now raunchy to me. But we need someone to do that because the "Principled conservative" set are a bunch of old, over the hill farts who are slowly dying off. So I tentatively support him.

Offline Mechanicos

Doesn't matter, the damage has been done.  People are going to think that Trump just slandered the American troops and Hillary and the DNC is going to hit him over this big time.
Wrong. Most Americans know the media lies and will not buy into this. The Trump haters and their gullible followers are the only ones who gave this outright lie a 2nd thought and its not like they have any influence outside their echo chambers.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline ScottinVA

That's the truth.

I was truly hopeful after seeing the talents and backgrounds of the early GOP candidates:  Gov. Walker, Sens. Rubio and Cruz, hell... even former VA Gov. Gilmore had assets to bring to the fight.  Then, onto the stage, bellowed the orange-headed carnival barker... and GOP voters somehow managed to cast aside all that other talent choose him... the absolute worst possible option of all.  What a horror show it's turning out to be.  My prediction is a 35-state, 400-EV victory for Hillary on Election Night.

Offline ScottinVA

Wrong. Most Americans know the media lies and will not buy into this. The Trump haters and their gullible followers are the only ones who gave this outright lie a 2nd thought and its not like they have any influence outside their echo chambers.

Wrong.

It's not "trump haters," nor is it "lying media."  It's TRUMP on VIDEO. 

Offline ScottinVA

Heck, we get that here from the Gang of 5ish ;)

Yep... and they can cluck and squawk all they want, but they don't have a Trump-worshipping site owner to fly top-cover for them, so their behavior is better over here.

Offline kevindavis007

I was truly hopeful after seeing the talents and backgrounds of the early GOP candidates:  Gov. Walker, Sens. Rubio and Cruz, hell... even former VA Gov. Gilmore had assets to bring to the fight.  Then, onto the stage, bellowed the orange-headed carnival barker... and GOP voters somehow managed to cast aside all that other talent choose him... the absolute worst possible option of all.  What a horror show it's turning out to be.  My prediction is a 35-state, 400-EV victory for Hillary on Election Night.

Also some Dems crossed over and voted for Trump as well..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

• Technical

I predict Trump does about the same as McCain did in 2008. He may even peel off a few "reliably GOP" states.

Offline Mechanicos

Wrong.

It's not "trump haters," nor is it "lying media."  It's TRUMP on VIDEO.
Yeah I watched it too. Who are people going to believe their own lying eyes or Hillary supporters?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline ScottinVA

Also some Dems crossed over and voted for Trump as well..

Yep... in their case, "Operation Chaos" succeeded.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Conservatism is about working together to stay alive? Huh?

As for Milo... I can only shrug. I think he's attempting to sell conservatism (or his vision/interpretation of it) to the millennial crowd, and judging from Twitter and Reddit, it seems to be working. He's a bit raunchy for me but I'm now in the "other" generation (read: old) where things I once thought were funny are now raunchy to me. But we need someone to do that because the "Principled conservative" set are a bunch of old, over the hill farts who are slowly dying off. So I tentatively support him.

No, I didn't say that. I said thats when it started. Are you REALLY going to try to argue the leftist meme that Conservatism is some kind of living document? Well you fit in well with the Trump crew. They are sick of SoCons and Bible Thumpers.

You go right on believing whatever you like because that last post pretty much defines my point. People claiming to be something they arent. In your case, oppose.  Over the hill ... please. Tell it to my Millennial daughter who at 25 seems to have figured out what you can't.

• Technical
No, I didn't say that. I said thats when it started. Are you REALLY going to try to argue the leftist meme that Conservatism is some kind of living document?

Who decides what conservatism is then? You?  :silly:

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yeah I watched it too. Who are people going to believe their own lying eyes or Hillary supporters?

Here ya go @mystery-ak, as per your request yesterday.

Now watch the cries of "Run to mommy' go up from the usual suspects.

But trust me. We will be more than happy to deal with this leftist tool without intervention. Just don't hate us for it.

Offline kevindavis007

Yep... in their case, "Operation Chaos" succeeded.

Indeed it did.. They seem to be more organized than us..  I hope the local state GOP ends the concept of open primaries after this fiasco.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Norm Lenhart

Who decides what conservatism is then? You?  :silly:

If you don't know the answer to that question, you arent any definition of a conservative I know of.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

Trump said it last year too.

I can tell you that in 2001 I was carrying an ammo can full of cash.  I had to account for every penny and I had a second set of eyes on me the entire time.

Without that, I'd still never think of stealing it.

Then again, I'm not a "billionaire".

@geronl

Offline sinkspur

Oh give me a break. Making this into an accusation against US soldiers is about as ludicrous as saying Christians are to blame for the Orlando massacre last weekend.

He is simply saying that we should have taken the oil money out of Iraq to pay for the war but didn't (and if, IF, IF we did liberate their oil money, then none of that money made it back to the country).

I'm not a Trump fan, not even close, but some of you guys have as bad a case of TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) as I've ever seen. I think that I might see more rationality from DU than I am seeing here.

I left "TOS" because the Trump cult worship was just too much to bear. I honestly am not seeing much difference here.

I am just about ready to "Opus" (looking for the Well...Bye meme to appear shortly)

You are dead wrong.  Look at the quotes. He's clearly talking about American soldiers stealing cash meant for Iraqi reconstruction.  You are entitled to your own feelings, but not your own facts.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

• Technical
If you don't know the answer to that question, you arent any definition of a conservative I know of.

Great. Wonderful. My day is ruined now. Another screaming loony on the internet thinks I'm not a "real conservative".

Now, try answering my question.