Author Topic: Trump suggests American soldiers stole money intended for Iraqi reconstruction  (Read 9010 times)

Offline sinkspur

He's not the only one. While nobody was looking the House and Senate have decided that drafting women makes good sense. Only 13 Senators voted against it, 7 were Democrats.

I thought that's what women wanted.  To be treated as equals.  You realize there will likely NEVER be another draft.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Hallie Jackson
‏@HallieJackson Hallie Jackson Retweeted John Harwood
Trump spox tells @NBCNews the candidate was referring to Iraqi soldiers, not US  (via @ajjaffe)

Except there were NO Iraqi soldiers.  They had all fled and disbanded.

Of course, this is the same Trump who mocked a disabled reporter and said he wasn't John Miller.   Trump is, as Ted Cruz said, a pathological liar.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

Hallie Jackson
‏@HallieJackson Hallie Jackson Retweeted John Harwood
Trump spox tells @NBCNews the candidate was referring to Iraqi soldiers, not US  (via @ajjaffe)

Except there were NO Iraqi soldiers.  They had all fled and disbanded.

Of course, this is the same Trump who mocked a disabled reporter and said he wasn't John Miller.   Trump is, as Ted Cruz said, a pathological liar.

It is going to get worse..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline Norm Lenhart

Trump suggests American soldiers stole money intended for Iraqi reconstruction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoAriULv1P8&sns=em

We tried saving America from itself. Trump fanatics 'knew better".

Anyone want to explain how these fictional "Iraqi Soldiers" managed to get these supposed brief cases filled with Millions to begin with? Was the Bush and Obama Admins importing them, giving them these brief cases and then sending them to Iraq?

Does this abject moron and his spokespeople even think before excusing? I mean come on. There isn't ONE functioning brain cell between them that might have thought this through?

I guess there isn't. Does not speak well for people that would elect such idiocy.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:03:10 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Who warned people about this a**hole??

Hillary is 12 points ahead today.  We did warn them.  It is on them not me.  He can't even make it to the Convention without making an ass out of himself.  Disgrace to America.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Exactly what would happen too.  A child playing war.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Norm Lenhart

Hillary is 12 points ahead today.  We did warn them.  It is on them not me.  He can't even make it to the Convention without making an ass out of himself.  Disgrace to America.

It is ALL on them. Every bit of it. We warned them, we told them, we provided his entire history of liberalism and they 'knew better'.

Everyone should remember all their neighbors and 'friends' that pushed this disaster on us because when the SHTF with Hillary, they arent people you want anywhere near you or your family. Their judgement is clearly poor and they are a danger.

Offline OldSaltUSN

He suggested the same thing last October:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/01/donald-trump-syrian-refugees-could-be-isis

Trump has been "Code Pink" and "John Kerry" on the Iraq war from the beginning of his candidacy.  Who says Trump isn't consistent?!

That's yet another reason I'm #NeverTrump.

A whole generation  - MY KIDS GENERATION - volunteered to go to war for this country, and the Obamanation sh*t on them all, when they elected Obama.   When Trump used the progressives arguments against conservatives in the GOP primary, he lost me forever.  There's not a single reason I'm #NeverTrump, but this one is unforgivable. 

There's nothing about Trump's arguments about the Iraq war that contain a scintilla of truth, and conversely, they're very destructive.

Sure, tell the kids who went to war, serviced their country, were maimed, lost friends or family members - tell them it was all a fraud, they they are just dumb victims in an illegal war. 

Then call them again on 9/11.v2, and see how many respond to that call.   I hosted over 40 hero's from Camp Pendleton (plus others) in my home, friends of my kids, on their way to or returning to battle.  They all paid a large, personal price.

And yet, Trump just sh*ts all over them, by using Code Pink's arguments.   To hell with him.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:48:09 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline OldSaltUSN

If only there had been some signs that Trump was unstable!

There ya go again.  You're not gonna believe "Lyin Ted", are ya?

Trump was Reagan's mentor - taught the Gipper everything he knew.   Reagan was UuGgggg, because of Trump.  When the Gipper went senile with early on site Alzheimer, Trump personally took over as CINC for Ron, in secret, of course, but Trump did it selflessly, and ended the cold war single handed.

/sarcasm - add your crappy pro-Trump argument here

Offline Norm Lenhart

There ya go again.  You're not gonna believe "Lyin Ted", are ya?

Trump was Reagan's mentor - taught the Gipper everything he knew.   Reagan was UuGgggg, because of Trump.  When the Gipper went senile with early on site Alzheimer, Trump personally took over as CINC for Ron, in secret, of course, but Trump did it selflessly, and ended the cold war single handed.

/sarcasm - add your crappy pro-Trump argument here

Crappy Pro-Trump argument follows:

We have to vote Trump because if you don't, you love Clinton and hate America. We must elect him because once he's in, we can hold his feet to the fire.

Besides, 5 people on this forum and all of FR cannot be wrong. The majority of America is because they didn't watch The Apprentice or read his books. they stupidly judged a man by his lifetime actions and thus are complete America hating idiots.
/end Crappy Pro-Trump argument

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
Former Republican.

geronl

Offline OldSaltUSN

Crappy Pro-Trump argument follows:

We have to vote Trump because if you don't, you love Clinton and hate America. We must elect him because once he's in, we can hold his feet to the fire.

Besides, 5 people on this forum and all of FR cannot be wrong. The majority of America is because they didn't watch The Apprentice or read his books. they stupidly judged a man by his lifetime actions and thus are complete America hating idiots.
/end Crappy Pro-Trump argument

** ZOT **

Cause:  Thou stinkith of retread.

(Oops, wrong site.   :tongue2:  :chairbang: )

:beer:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:11:18 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline Norm Lenhart

** ZOT **

Cause:  Thou stinkith of retread.

(Oops, wrong site.   :tongue2:  :chairbang: )

:beer:

Deservedly! I never mentioned Ted Satan!

That was unforgivable.

I am a ba-a-a-a-d man... ****sheep**** ****sheep**** ****sheep**** ****sheep**** ****sheep**** ****sheep****
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:00:04 am by Norm Lenhart »

geronl

Trump said it last year too.

Offline LottieDah

Now I am 110% convinced that this guy is hell bent on completely annihilating, obliterating and destroying any chance of the GOP retaining the Senate, House or sitting in the oval office.

Trump supporters .... what say you?

I said it before and I will say it again.  Trump is in so Hillary Clinton can win.  He is a disgrace.

Offline markomalley

Oh give me a break. Making this into an accusation against US soldiers is about as ludicrous as saying Christians are to blame for the Orlando massacre last weekend.

He is simply saying that we should have taken the oil money out of Iraq to pay for the war but didn't (and if, IF, IF we did liberate their oil money, then none of that money made it back to the country).

I'm not a Trump fan, not even close, but some of you guys have as bad a case of TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) as I've ever seen. I think that I might see more rationality from DU than I am seeing here.

I left "TOS" because the Trump cult worship was just too much to bear. I honestly am not seeing much difference here.

I am just about ready to "Opus" (looking for the Well...Bye meme to appear shortly)

Offline kevindavis007

Oh give me a break. Making this into an accusation against US soldiers is about as ludicrous as saying Christians are to blame for the Orlando massacre last weekend.

He is simply saying that we should have taken the oil money out of Iraq to pay for the war but didn't (and if, IF, IF we did liberate their oil money, then none of that money made it back to the country).

I'm not a Trump fan, not even close, but some of you guys have as bad a case of TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) as I've ever seen. I think that I might see more rationality from DU than I am seeing here.

I left "TOS" because the Trump cult worship was just too much to bear. I honestly am not seeing much difference here.

I am just about ready to "Opus" (looking for the Well...Bye meme to appear shortly)

Doesn't matter, the damage has been done.  People are going to think that Trump just slandered the American troops and Hillary and the DNC is going to hit him over this big time.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Haha, still looking for your echo chamber huh?

FR exiles had another forum way back during the 2012 election called TBL, which allowed liberals to post there. Well the conservatives didn't like that so they took their ball and left. THen that other forum was too "RINO" for this group so they left that forum as well, and started their own third forum, which as far as I can tell is 100% like FR now.

My conclusion is that conservatives are people who just cannot handle people with different opinions. They want an echo chamber.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 11:50:56 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline RedHead

I think you're trying to give credit to Trump where none is due.  He was talking about Iraq.  His mentioning of oil was just an aside, and he said we should have taken the oil and not the money.  He was talking about the billions of dollars that were poured into Iraq and he specifically questioned the people who were distributing it, and identified them as soldiers.  And he did talk about checking up because he was sure they were living very well.

Who knows what Trump meant?  Who knows it he was being serious or trying for humor?  The fact of the matter is that he did talk about taking Iraq's oil and that at least some U.S. soldiers were crooks. He can walk it back all he wants and issue BS statements about how he meant Iraqi soldiers but it's clear what he meant at the time.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Haha, still looking for your echo chamber huh?

FR exiles had another forum way back during the 2012 election called TBL, which allowed liberals to post there. Well the conservatives didn't like that so they took their ball and left. THen that other forum was too "RINO" for this group so they left that forum as well, and started their own third forum, which as far as I can tell is 100% like FR now.

My conclusion is that conservatives are people who just cannot handle people with different opinions. They want an echo chamber.

Actual conservatives handle diverse opinion fine. Might not agree with it but we don't spaz out about being exposed to it.

The problem is you have people who are at best, moderates, that want to be called conservatives although their opinions and positions are anything but.

Say for example, people that take an unambiguous statement from trump about our soldiers stealing money and claim he said something other than the words that came out of his mouth. Now twisting and redefining and 'interpreting' what he said as oppose to what he DID say is about as DNC Left as it gets.

You have the Alt right, filled with the gay lobby, atheists and card carrying libertarians claiming the conservative mantle.

You have guys like Mitch, Bhoner and Romney claiming to be Conservative.

That word...'conservative' I (know) do not think it means what they think (and demand) it means.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:19:27 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Actual conservatives handle diverse opinion fine. Might not agree with it but we don't spaz out about being exposed to it.

The problem is you have people who are at best, moderates, that want to be called conservatives although their opinions and positions are anything but.

Say for example, people that take an unambiguous statement from trump about our soldiers stealing money and claim he said something other than the words that came out of his mouth. Now twisting and redefining and 'interpreting' what he said as oppose to what he DID say is about as DNC Left as it gets.

You have the Alt right, filled with the gay lobby, atheists and card carrying libertarians claiming the conservative mantle.

You have guys like Mitch, Bhoner and Romney claiming to be Conservative.

That word...'conservative' I (know do not think it means what they think (and demand) it means.

This is just an form of "no true scotsman":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Fact is nobody can righteously claim the conservative mantle. The word itself means a political ideology aimed with a healthy respect of tradition.

So that can be interpretted many different ways. Fact is that your vision of conservatism has no more validity than Trumpsters, GOP-e, log cabin republicans, or Caitlyn Jenner.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:22:21 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »