Author Topic: Donald Trump Tweets Disgusting Humble Brag After Orlando Massacre  (Read 11409 times)

Offline r9etb

Re: Donald Trump Tweets Disgusting Humble Brag After Orlando Massacre
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2016, 10:17:58 pm »
Of course, but I'm being facetious here. They get away with it with those, but not this? At least be consistent.

Glad to hear it ... I was worried there for a while....

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2016, 10:18:54 pm »

Yes, I am sure quite a few noticed that he changed what trump actually said and watered it down. He did the same with killing the innocent family members of terrorists..now it means only those outside the US which would still make it wrong if you are actually targeting innocent family members.

Exactly.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2016, 10:22:46 pm »
Our hero, Reagan, was another 'Democrat', who killed Ghadafi's son with a missile down the chimney in an attempt to get the Libyan ruler.  :whistle:

Reagan stopped being a Democrat decades before he became President, and wrote and spoke extensively on Conservative values with intellect and information.

There is NO parallel between the honorable Reagan and the dishonorable Trump.  Never has been.  Never will be.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2016, 10:30:35 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-orlando_us_575d92e6e4b0e39a28addbe6?utm_hp_ref=politics

Just when you think Trump couldn't be any bigger of a jackass as he's been, click on the link and read his tweets.  Words cannot describe it.

I'm long on record in my criticism of Trump, but I've seen worse from him.  His central message here was we have to stay smart and vigilant.  There's plenty about him to legitimately criticize, but I'm not seeing it here.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2016, 10:34:08 pm »
And furthermore, even in a foreign country under war conditions I do not believe that we purposely kill the families of terrorists.  Do civilians sometimes get killed, yes.  Not always avoidable.  I could be wrong, but I don't believe Trumps position meets Geneva Convention Rules of Engagement.

According to Common Article 3, people who are taking no active part in the hostilities "shall in all circumstances be treated humanely… To this end, the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever … violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture."

Experts said this language would make Trump’s approach a violation of the Geneva Conventions, assuming that the family members were not taking part in terrorist activities.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/dec/17/rand-paul/rand-pauls-right-geneva-conventions-bar-donald-tru/

What in the world do you think our atomic bombs were targeting? Hint: It wasn't infrastructure.
Further, our bombing campaigns in Germany/Japan were openly and specifically targeting civilian populations...you should read up on your WWII history.

As for Trump and his discussion about killing terrorist families, this came up in the context of bombing terrorists in Iraq/Syria...so the context makes it CRYSTAL clear that he was referring to hitting terrorist families in those countries and as part of a campaign to take out the terrorists themselves. My goodness, you guys love to twist everything...it seems you want to argue against a strawman rather than the actual policies Trump supports. Not surprising, I guess.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2016, 10:37:36 pm »
What in the world do you think our atomic bombs were targeting? Hint: It wasn't infrastructure.
Further, our bombing campaigns in Germany/Japan were openly and specifically targeting civilian populations...you should read up on your WWII history.

As for Trump and his discussion about killing terrorist families, this came up in the context of bombing terrorists in Iraq/Syria...so the context makes it CRYSTAL clear that he was referring to hitting terrorist families in those countries and as part of a campaign to take out the terrorists themselves. My goodness, you guys love to twist everything...it seems you want to argue against a strawman rather than the actual policies Trump supports. Not surprising, I guess.

The military response after Trump made his "killing terrorist families" in a debate demonstrated that they would refuse such an order.

So there's that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2016, 10:51:02 pm »
Go start a forum where you get to control all the speech.  I have crossed no "line" unless your demand that there be no criticism of your unfit, mentally unstable candidate is some kind of line.

Nobody said not to criticize him.   What you're doing is beyond "criticism".

You're on a personal jihad regarding Trump and have stated your intentions, clearly, going forward.

He's the Nominee.  Get over it.   And get on board, or get lost yourself.

We'll all look forward to your mea culpas next Spring.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2016, 10:54:47 pm »
The military response after Trump made his "killing terrorist families" in a debate demonstrated that they would refuse such an order.

So there's that.

Please answer me this:

When President Reagan bombed Gaddafi's residence, killing his son...did he give a damn that there might be collateral damage...innocent lives lost?

Domestic staff in his palace?  Family members?

No...he didn't.

And why do you think nobody screws with Russia?   

They do what's necessary to protect their citizens and their honor.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2016, 11:13:59 pm »
Please answer me this:

When President Reagan bombed Gaddafi's residence, killing his son...did he give a damn that there might be collateral damage...innocent lives lost?

No...he didn't.

This ^^^
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2016, 11:15:45 pm »
Nobody said not to criticize him.   What you're doing is beyond "criticism".

You're on a personal jihad regarding Trump and have stated your intentions, clearly, going forward.

Get on board?  #NeverTrump MEANS Never Trump.  Ever.  And there will be no mea culpas.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2016, 11:18:31 pm »
Please answer me this:

No...he didn't.

Reagan was attempting to take out Ghadaffi.  Trump specifically said that the families of terrorists should be taken out APART from the terrorists themselves.

We don't do that. And, as you heard, the military would not do that.

We know that Trump loves Putin, so no surprise that you'd bring up that example. And they do screw with Russia.  Perhaps you forget the Russian airliner taken down after it left Egypt.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2016, 11:22:20 pm »
The thought that a guy like this could be in serious contention for the presidency....

We have a month to work on the people in and around the Rules committee.

Agree. If Trump isn't a good enough reason to employ the fail-safe measures built into the primary process then there is no such thing as a good enough reason.

HonestJohn

« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2016, 11:59:33 pm »
So are you saying that you are satisfied with the Obama-Hillary status quo, and you do not want the increased emphasis that Trump speaks of?

During WWII, the last major war that we won, we interned SOME Japanese (and Italian and German) origin people for our safety and theirs as well.

It worked, we won.

Today nearly everybody is too politically correct to admit that those internment were highly popular; that there WERE some Japanese wrongdoers caught.

It is only now, when we can't seem to win anything, most Americans are too squeamish to protect themselves. They ask for inept military and LE "experts" to do so.

In hindsight his parents should have been denied entry, because it would likely have saved these 50 lives.

In the present, we should get much smarter, as Trump says. I am just fine with expelling them if even the smallest concern exists. Just fine.

The plans of radical islam are long term, and wish to take over our country, and will kill some of us to do so.

They use deception, called "taqiyya" and a great number of westerner are totally naïve about this.

You are deliberately conflating causation with correlation here.  Interning some Japanese was not the reason why we won  WWII.  It was an action that occurred because of the war.

It's the same as global warming and CO2 emissions.  Both are happening at the same time, but is the increase in CO2 emissions the cause?

I'd note that as the number of pirates in the world decreased, US military capabilities increased.  Therefore, we only were able to win WWII because there was a significant lack of pirates worldwide.

HonestJohn

« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2016, 12:05:57 am »
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  1h1 hour ago

What has happened in Orlando is just the beginning. Our leadership is weak and ineffective. I called it and asked for the ban. Must be tough.

Trump's Muslim ban would force all US visitors to declare and prove their religion.

Any government that compiles a list of people and their religion for use in governmental action is a government to be feared.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2016, 12:26:29 am »
Any government that compiles a list of people and their religion for use in governmental action is a government to be feared.

Clearly unconstitutional..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2016, 02:02:09 am »
Nobody said not to criticize him.<snip> And get on board, or get lost yourself.

Consistent as Trump.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2016, 02:14:51 am »
I'm long on record in my criticism of Trump, but I've seen worse from him.  His central message here was we have to stay smart and vigilant.  There's plenty about him to legitimately criticize, but I'm not seeing it here.
Agreed. I've seen worse from Trump.  Hard for me to get worked up about this.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2016, 03:51:22 am »
If any religion becomes a threat to other people's freedom it no longer deserves protection under our Constitution.

I can list five or more instances of terror in the name of Islam during the Obama Admin.

Is five enough to remove their protected position as a "religion" deserving freedom of worship, and place them in a position of being a very dangerous and violent enemy of the America people?

Roosevelt interned certain (not all) Japanese, Italian and Germans in America, for our safety and for their safety, for the duration.

Crybabies and appeaser complain that it was not right. It sure was popular at the time. Americans were justifiably furious over the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, and being drawn into a war they hoped to avoid.

As a nation we have lost the hardheaded common sense, to survive. Political correctness is killing our people.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2016, 03:58:33 am »
I don't agree with curtailing the rights of Muslims who are American citizens, and curtailing Muslim immigration as Trump is proposing wouldn't have prevented this.

But on the flip side, less Muslim immigration in the past might have prevented this particular incident, and curtailing in the future would reduce the likelihood of additional attacks in the future and 5-10, 30 years down the road.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2016, 04:59:47 am »

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS! DO NOT USE THE WORD STORMTROOPER EVER!.

You have no authority, no voice or right to make such demands of those of us whom have been welcomed here by the owners and staff.

I think you can get lost yourself with that demand.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:47:33 am by Repub4Trump »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Hoodat

« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2016, 05:14:02 am »

I refuse to live in Jonestown.

Next Spring, you will be blaming us for Trump's loss.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2016, 05:45:25 am »
Again another media slime leaves out his first tweet!
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

Horrific incident in FL. Praying for all the victims & their families. When will this stop? When will we get tough, smart & vigilant?
16,743 retweets 36,102 likes

The second was too get his fans to stop tweeting congrsts. He did it in a nice way but made a point to them **nononono*
I understand that there has been a huge negative twitter response to the Donald's tweets.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2016, 07:19:34 pm »
Infiltrating is certainly legitimate and nobody has said that doing that would make us "no longer America".

Banning mosques is not, and I stand by that. If we decide we can ban religious practice of religions we do not like, no one's practice of religion will ever be safe again. The constitution wisely and explicitly forbids this.
Islam is not a religion.  It is a political ideology masquerading as a religion, for the sole purpose of getting away with the crap they are, in countries who are now too PC to separate the two and afraid to "offend" someone's religion.

ISLAM should be banned in the entirety of the United States, as it is antithetical to everything the United States Constitution stands for.  The two are not compatible.  And anyone who perpetuates, supports, condones, and adheres to the teachings of Islam, and refuses to denounce it upon arrival into the US, should not be allowed INTO the United States, because their whole entire belief system, political system, laws and practices, are antithetical to the belief system, political system, laws and practices (i.e. the United States Constitution) of the United States.  They do not come here to ASSIMILATE.  They come here to INFILTRATE. 

What part of that, do you NOT get?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2016, 07:27:27 pm »
First tweet:

Horrific incident in FL. Praying for all the victims & their families. When will this stop? When will we get tough, smart & vigilant?
16,743 retweets 36,102 likes

His response to people tweeting him:

Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!
10,681 retweets 24,043 likes

His latest tweet:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 14m14 minutes ago

Is President Obama going to finally mention the words radical Islamic terrorism? If he doesn't he should immediately resign in disgrace!
    861 retweets 1,566 likes

Let's get the facts straight.

I am a #NeverHillary, but also an admitted Trump skeptic.

I do agree with those who support Trump here.

I do not understand the outrage at Trump on this tweet business here.

It doesn't seem out of line or in bad taste to me.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2016, 07:58:30 pm »
I understand that there has been a huge negative twitter response to the Donald's tweets.
And then there is this
If this poll about #Orlando is accurate, the election is over and Hillary will win big

Terrorism is the only issue on which Trump leads Hillary Clinton with the American people, so his campaign might have hoped that the Orlando attack would help stem the tide of horrible polls. It turns out, Trump's response to Orlando rubbed almost all of America the wrong way:

A majority of Americans surveyed in a CBS News poll out Wednesday say they disapprove of the way Donald Trump is responding to the terrorist shooting at a gay nightclub Sunday in Orlando, Florida.