Author Topic: Donald Trump, a true conservative leader.  (Read 9290 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: Donald Trump, a true conservative leader.
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2016, 05:01:53 am »
His positions?
Like the wall?  Mexico will never pay for it and it likely won't be built.
Tariffs?  Congress will never support raising taxes on Americans by 45%.  Dead in the water.
Tax cuts?  With a resulting $10 trillion added  the debt?  Dead in the water.
Foreign policy?  Ban all Muslims?  Dead in the water.
You see where this is going, don't you?  He certainly has policies, but they are fantasies. They're red meat for his bubbas but even he knows they have zero chance of being enacted.

You explained that very well.  I think I like you.   :beer:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2016, 05:30:42 am »
@Bigun
"I have concluded that arguing with Trump zealots is akin to administering medicine to the dead so I  no longer do that"
So true.

I put them all on Ignore and don't respond to them when they post something to someone else and I see it.  They are an aggravation to common sense.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2016, 12:58:33 pm »
Whose record would you compare Trump to?

Napoleon XIV's

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 01:08:03 pm by rodamala »

Wingnut

« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2016, 01:13:47 pm »
Napoleon XIV's

@pookie18

Material suggestions!  LOL

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2016, 01:36:17 pm »
@pookie18

Material suggestions!  LOL

@rodamala
@Wingnut

I have that LP in my collection...

Wingnut

« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2016, 01:43:55 pm »
@rodamala
@Wingnut

I have that LP in my collection...

Some how that doesn't not surprise me at all!   :beer:

you rock!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2016, 01:51:39 pm »
Napoleon XIV's
Is that the forward or backward version?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2016, 01:57:07 pm »
@Bigun
"I have concluded that arguing with Trump zealots is akin to administering medicine to the dead so I  no longer do that"
I put them all on Ignore and don't respond to them when they post something to someone else and I see it.  They are an aggravation to common sense.

What a perfect way to describe them, @Victoria33 !   It's not just that they lack even a modicum of common sense or logic.  It's that they actually aggravate and annoy anyone who has a functioning brain and the sense God gave them.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2016, 02:34:11 pm »
Some how that doesn't not surprise me at all!   :beer:

you rock!

Forgot to mention that I got it at a garage sale for 25 cents...worth every penny!

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2016, 03:08:10 pm »
True conservatives believe in and support the Constitution.

The only time you will ever hear Teump refer to the constitution is when it is preceded by the word "morning".
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2016, 03:23:31 pm »
He doesn't hold any conservative views.  Not then.  Not now.

As for what issues he is conservative on, I'll double your request for 3 and give you 6...though there are many more.:
1. Immigration

Trump supports expediting the return of deported illegals, making them legal.  That is what is known as 'amnesty'.

Complete and total Bull here. Legal is determined by Law and Congress not Trump so when they are outside to come in legally they have to come in pursuant to the LAWS Congress sets for legal immigration. This one alone shows lack of honesty on your part.

2. National Defense

Trump does not even mention National Defense on his campaign website.

Except for the Wall, deporting Illegals, banning Muslims from Terrorist inducing countries, strengthening the military, returning manufacturing to America, punishing sanctuary cities, etc. You know the actual things that are required to make us more secure.

3. Taxes

Trump proposes raising taxes on hedge fund managers - the same as Bernie Sanders.

If we have to pay taxes, the tax laws should be applied equally. They are very unequal now. That's all this issue involves is equal treatment. Even a blind squirrel like Sanders could see that the tax laws were written so the super rich do not have pay the same taxes like the middle class is forced too.

4. Foreign policy

Trump is all over the map when it comes to foreign policy.  But there is nothing in any of that which could be described as 'Conservative'.

Stopping ISIS, Negotiating fair trade deals for America, strengthening relationships with allies, rebuilding American manufacturing to be able to compete globally, etc. Versus, maintaining the insane situation that is not only unsustainable but has us on the Brink of global economic collapse and WWIII - And returning control of American interests to Americans.
 -
5. Abolition of Obamacare

Trump advocates universal healthcare which goes beyond even what Obamacare does.

Flat out lie.  https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform

6. Selection of Federal Judges

Trump went on the Sean Hannity show and read out loud for the first time a list of judges that someone had handed him.  Two days later, he backtracked from this list, saying that he may nominate someone not on that list.  Recently, he has made statements about our Judiciary prosecuting and enforcing laws that are the antithesis of Conservative jurisprudence.

Another untruth. Trump has already put up conservative names and shown how they were selected with conservative resources and advisers. Nothing he has said indicates that if the Senate rejects all names hes already offered that he will not use the same conservative resources to offer up "more of the same."
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2016, 03:23:53 pm »
The only connection between Trump and Conservatism is the fact that the two words contain both a T and an R.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2016, 03:27:03 pm »
Whatever arises out of the ashes of the 2016 Presidential race, I hope and pray it gives a rebirth of what legitimate conservatism is. That’s only going to happen if those at the grassroots level are able to discern between true conservatives and greedy opportunists and a wolf in an ill-fitting sheepdog’s costume . My fear is that a Donald Trump victory in November would effectively destroy conservatism in America and build the gilded throne from which moral and political relativism would reign for generations.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2016, 04:36:54 pm »
What a perfect way to describe them, @Victoria33 !   It's not just that they lack even a modicum of common sense or logic.  It's that they actually aggravate and annoy anyone who has a functioning brain and the sense God gave them.

The subject brought up by someone was," avid Trump supporters".   I said, "They are an aggravation to common sense."  And, you responded above.  I spent a while staring at computer screen considering which words in my vocabulary would adequately describe the effect these people have on me and others as I read responses to them. 

I filtered through words and more words, going into the scholastic part of my brain that got me a Ph.D. years ago and a master's before that and a bachelor's before that and all the words I used to write thousands of psychological reports - all that looking for the right words that would encapsulate their behavior once and for all.

Let’s look at the word, “aggravation”, in its legal use (all caps are mine):
“AGGRAVATION, in pleading. The introduction of matter into the declaration which tends to increase the amount of damages, but does not affect the right of action itself. Steph. Pl. 257; 12 Mod. 597. See 3 An. Jur. 287, 313. An example of this is found in the case where a plaintiff declares in trespass for entering his house, and tossing his goods about; the entry of the house is the principal ground and foundation of the action, and the rest is only stated by way of AGGRAVATION; 3 Wils. R. 294; and this matter need not be proved by the plaintiff or answered by the defendant.”

The operative phrase in the above legal action about “aggravation”, is “tossing his goods about”.  You see, the person broke into the house, which was bad enough, but didn’t stop there – he added the AGGRAVATION of throwing the owner’s stuff around in the house.  Now, the owner has to not only repair damage caused by the intruder, he has the “aggravation” of having to pick up all the stuff the intruder tossed and put it away again.

The above relates well to describe Trump’s avid supporters – in my opinion, they are wrong supporting him to start with, but they add AGGRAVATION by tossing around the same tepid, nonsensical information and personal attacks onto people who are not supporting Trump.  I prefer not to see or read their tossed about statements/rants against non-Trump people, of which I am one (and so are you).

@CatherineofAragon
@Bigun
@kartographer
@mystery-ak
@Norm Lenhart
@Unlimited

Offline rodamala

« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2016, 05:07:39 pm »

...“tossing his goods about”...

From the start, I identified Trumpists in that manner... Trespassers that invaded conservative meeting places such as TOS, aggravating the circumstances of an unwanted stay with their shit-tossing.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2016, 05:26:28 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laughingdog: :bigsilly: :mauslaff:
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are! Trump, a true conservative? A true CONSERVATIVE, doesn't change his positions with the wind, doesn't make deals, they stick to their principles and they make the liberals make the deals. Reagan was a True Conservative leader, Trump is just an........actor, playing a roll.

Offline Stosh

« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2016, 06:30:39 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laughingdog: :bigsilly: :mauslaff:
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are! Trump, a true conservative? A true CONSERVATIVE, doesn't change his positions with the wind, doesn't make deals, they stick to their principles and they make the liberals make the deals. Reagan was a True Conservative leader, Trump is just an........actor, playing a roll.

You give him too much credit, a competent actor would learn their lines, recite them faithfully and be able to stick to their role...

Offline CommerceComet

« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2016, 07:28:46 pm »
The only connection between Trump and Conservatism is the fact that the two words contain both a T and an R.
T and R is appropriate in my mind. I would consider Trump to be most similar to Theodore Roosevelt as a politician. Trump, like Teddy, is a combination of populist and progressive. IMO, he'll campaign as a populist and govern as a progressive. He is better than the alternative because we KNOW that Hillary is corrupt and incompetent and we're not sure about Trump but that's about as enthusiastic as I can get for Trump.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2016, 08:27:40 pm »

That sums it up quite nicely!

Thanks!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #169 on: July 09, 2016, 08:30:22 pm »
Trump a conservative?!   :silly:

The Orange Man has said his favorite president was Bill Clinton. I know of no conservative who has ever said that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has given 6-digit figures to the corrupt Clinton Foundation. Trump has. In fact, Trump has given heavily to far left democrat politicians like Charles Schumer, Harry Reid, Anthony Wiener, Hillary Clinton, Democratic National Committee chairman Terry McAuliffe, Rahm Emmanuel, Charlie Rangel, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Tom Daschle and Joe Biden. Sure, he has given to Republicans also, but the majority of his generosity has gone to democrats, and the most corrupt among them.

I am unaware of any conservative who wants to ban "assault weapons". There is no such thing you know. "Assault weapon" is a term created by anti-gun liberals so they could ban guns based on cosmetic appearances...and Trump, being the liberal that he is, fell for it.

I am unaware of any conservative who has said they want to extend the waiting periods to purchase firearms. Trump has.

I am unaware of any conservative who has praised as "Brilliant" gun-grabbing leftist and former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg for "Putting His Money Where His Mouth Is" on guns. Conservatives don't want to take guns, they respect the Second Amendment. Trump said he was for it. Conservative? I think not.

I am unaware of any conservative saying "the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans". Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has said “Bush was probably the worst president in the history of the United States.” Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative saying “I’m very liberal when it comes to health care. I believe in universal health care.” Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has supported nearly every facet of Obama’s disastrous economic agenda.  Trump did just that.

Conservative Supreme Court Justices William Rehnquist, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas dissented on the 2005 Kelo Decision, which was the taking of a private individual's property, not for "public use" as is normally the case with eminent domain, but to give it to private industry as was done with Kelo (it was taken and given to Pfizer Pharmaceuticals). Being the crony capitalist he is, Trump said he was "100% for it".

From the bank bailouts to the auto bailouts, Trump has supported every facet of Obama’s economic plan.  His contributions to Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi helped get them reelected so they could then foist Obamacare on the nation.  He claims he wants to “Make America Great Again” while in reality, he has supported every liberal who worked to destroy it.

Trump is a liberal, he cannot be trusted and he will never get my vote.