Author Topic: Kasich Just Legalize Medical Marijuana in OH  (Read 529 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Kasich Just Legalize Medical Marijuana in OH
« on: June 10, 2016, 12:53:54 pm »
John Kasich just legalized medical marijuana in Ohio. Now what?

COLUMBUS - Gov. John Kasich signed a plan to legalize medical marijuana into law Wednesday, making Ohio the 25th state to approve its use.

Those suffering from epilepsy, chronic pain and the side effects of cancer treatments could soon be able to treat their pain with marijuana. Despite years of delays and opposition, state lawmakers passed a plan in May to legalize medical marijuana for those with a doctor's referral. Groups working to place a rival medical marijuana proposal on the fall ballot put pressure on legislators, but ultimately dropped their efforts after the lawmakers approved a plan.

Kasich was quiet about whether he supported legalizing medical marijuana, saying only that he would follow doctors' recommendations and wanted to help children in pain. But he ultimately signed the bill, which will take effect in 90 days.

While medical marijuana will be legal in three months, it will take much longer to set up rules for growers, dispensaries and patients. So, what comes next?...

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2016/06/08/john-kasich-just-legalized-medical-marijuana-ohio-now-what/85499176/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Kasich Just Legalize Medical Marijuana in OH
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 01:03:47 pm »
Ow, ow, ow, ouch!

Just reading this article gave me chronic knee pain, loss of appetite, and, uh, uh, headaches! Yes! lots and lots of headaches.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 01:08:12 pm »
Ow, ow, ow, ouch!

Just reading this article gave me chronic knee pain, loss of appetite, and, uh, uh, headaches! Yes! lots and lots of headaches.

Hoping that FL finally passes medical marijuana this time around.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 01:17:16 pm »

Obviously, my first post was joking around. But yes, I agree completely. It is a kind of modern day Witch Trial to keep a needed drug away from cancer patients and others who desperately need it, based on some outdated "Bible thumping morality".

The same people who would cheerfully give a patient a drink of whiskey to cure some ailment are ready to shoot anyone offering an herb for the exact same treatment. That is crazy and barbaric.

And what makes it all the worse is that all of this hysteria over marijuana is all based on decades of propaganda started by the timber industry, to promote wood based paper over hemp based paper.

The anti-hemp crowd see themselves as 'moral' and 'righteous' when in reality they are all just pawns of timber industrialists.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 06:09:27 pm »
John Kasich just legalized medical marijuana in Ohio.

He didn't have to do that.   We already figured out that he was a Rino idiot.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 06:10:33 pm »

Why mess around?   Go straight for heroin. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 06:46:33 pm »
If it was prescribed by a physician with an MD behind his name, AND purchased from a real pharmacy as you would other narcotics, I would not have a problem with it.   BUT, and this come from experience from living in WA where Medical Marijuana legalization  was shortly followed by passing recreational use.

If you think medical marijuana scripts are filled by men in clean white pharmacy jackets, think again. The first thing that happened when Medical Marijuana passed here in WA,  was little shops (looking more like head-shops from the 70s) started popping up everywhere, easily identifiable by a Green Cross in their window.  Some right in residential communities using old store fronts - 2 very close to my neighborhood.   People living close to them noticed riff-raff they have never seen before walking their streets or just "hanging around". The owner of one of these establishments was killed last year in a robbery. That was followed not long later by a stolen car crashing through the front of the building apparently in attempt to smash through and still the inventory.  Both of these stores have since closed due to the problems they brought to the neighborhood.  And for getting a prescription, the Seattle Times ran a story on how easy it was to get a prescription. Users know where they can go to get a prescription without question, and users share this with other users on social media.

As far as recreational use after it was passed  I could go on and on about the troubles it caused.  The voters were duped.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

geronl

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 06:47:02 pm »
liberal-tarian crap

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 07:09:17 pm »

I walk by the discreet storefront on a dispensary, on my way to AA meetings.

From the looks and behavior of patrons of both, I say from long term experience the MJ folks are pretty mild. AA patrons not so mild.

It remains illegal to operate vehicles while impaired. Most impairments are from alcohol. But I have known people arrested for driving under the influence of sleeping pills. Speed is probably the most dangerous to the public, since users are out of their minds.

If I had a medical condition that would benefit from MJ, I would use it, as a last resort. I would seek growing my own, since "legal" medical MJ is outrageously expensive.

I use no alcohol, or drugs of ANY kind. Period. Long, long term I might add.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 11:38:19 pm »
I walk by the discreet storefront on a dispensary, on my way to AA meetings.

From the looks and behavior of patrons of both, I say from long term experience the MJ folks are pretty mild. AA patrons not so mild.

The fact that one bad thing is bad,  does not make another bad thing good.   

— Lord Melbourne —