Author Topic: Not a Single Republican Delegate Is ‘Bound’ to Donald Trump  (Read 11273 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Not a Single Republican Delegate Is ‘Bound’ to Donald Trump
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2016, 02:30:13 am »
You do not get to make the rules here.

This is at least the second time, but I am thinking it's really the third time, that you have made some claim and have refused to back it up with proof in just the short amount of time that I have been a member.  Why would you want to make that kind of reputation for yourself?

Oceander

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2016, 02:30:31 am »
Well, you're data has a major flaw. Trump is now pulling in around 86% Republican support in the general election. So I guess you'll have to declare the vast majority of Repubs to be morons, unable to bask in your own astute brilliance. If only we could comprehend your greatness and see with the wise eye of your vast discernment.

Actually, he's not.  And even if he were, then I would agree:  most republicans have proven themselves just as butt-f**king stupid as your typical democrat.  Like I said, Americans elected Obama not just once, but twice, so the depths of American stupidity do not surprise me.  I had thought republicans were smarter, and had learned the lessons from Obama.  On this I am wrong.  Such is life.  I will continue to stick with my principles, however, and will not compromise to vote for a hateful racist liberal like Trump.  You can insult me all you want, your insults are amongst the tiniest of the crosses I've borne in life.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2016, 02:31:41 am »

I am unappreciative of this picture. ;)

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2016, 02:31:41 am »
Exactly what I've said from the beginning, even before Curly Whatshisname. No federal laws dictate. State laws don't apply. SCOTUS has ruled repeatedly in favor of  political party self-governance.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Fantom

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2016, 02:32:26 am »
so you think trying to get me to chase a squirrel which has nothing to do with the fact the Idiots who think this is a good idea will be ejected from the Convention by national makes me a dishonest person. I say Trying to take off on a irrlevent side track is the dishonest play. Capish. Agreeing with is is also dishonest, Capish?

Ouch (really hard to see someone come apart like that)..... try taking a break Mechanos. You need one.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:35:38 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Wingnut

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2016, 02:33:34 am »
You need me in this room. I'm the anchor of sanity in your sea of madness.

In other words, I drew the short straw on the TCG and now its my job to continually make you face reality. No easy task, mind you.

Drew straws? Now I know your fibbing....A Real Trumpster would have played Russian roulette with only one empty chamber.....
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:34:04 am by Wingnut »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2016, 02:35:20 am »
Well, you're data has a major flaw. Trump is now pulling in around 86% Republican support in the general election. So I guess you'll have to declare the vast majority of Repubs to be morons, unable to bask in your own astute brilliance. If only we could comprehend your greatness and see with the wise eye of your vast discernment.

My opinion, it's not that I think they're dumb.  I think they're mad as hell, and rightfully so, but pretty much across the board, judgements made in anger are poor.  These are "payback" votes.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2016, 02:36:34 am »

In other words, I drew the short straw on the TCG and now its my job to continually make you face reality. No easy task, mind you.

"This boy's about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal..." -- Foghorn Leghorn

:beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2016, 02:37:53 am »
True [Christian] conservatives are a more hope-filled lot, so they never give up. If sports teams thought like you, for instance, they'd all be in the poorhouse.

Mesaclone pretty much hates Christians (and Conservatives, for that matter), mlizzy.  He thinks he's smarter than all of us, and makes fun of us regularly.

He doesn't understand the meaning of real hope......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2016, 02:38:41 am »
You made the claim.  Name 'em or recant.  Otherwise that makes you a liar.
so you think trying to get me to chase a squirrel which has nothing to do with the fact the Idiots who think this is a good idea will be ejected from the Convention by national makes me a dishonest person. I say Trying to take off on a irrlevent side track is the dishonest play. Checkmate.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Fantom

« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2016, 02:43:20 am »
so you think trying to get me to chase a squirrel which has nothing to do with the fact the Idiots who think this is a good idea will be ejected from the Convention by national makes me a dishonest person. I say Trying to take off on a irrlevent side track is the dishonest play. Checkmate.

Wow.. it goes to spam now.  Two replies same same...

Sad sack whatever you are Mech.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2016, 02:44:39 am »
This is at least the second time, but I am thinking it's really the third time, that you have made some claim and have refused to back it up with proof in just the short amount of time that I have been a member.  Why would you want to make that kind of reputation for yourself?
I made no claim about who is sitting on the Rules Committee. I said if the nut cases try this garbage they will be ejected, How do you get from that to trying to put a burden on me to name who is on it now?  I do not chase Squirrels for dishonest people. I say you for trying this side track game 3 times are the one with integrity issues. Do not try this game with me again. 
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2016, 02:47:12 am »
This is a lot clearer explanation than the other two articles that were posted about this.  Anyone planning a letter writing campaign to the delegates once we know who they are?

I can help.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2016, 02:49:17 am »

"You NeverTrump also have another problem Manfort has made sure he has vast majority of Trump delegates." - Mechanicos

You said this.  You volunteered the "information".  If it is true then it is relevant to the conversation.  If it is true.  You want us to believe it because you have said it.  I'm calling you out; show us the proof.  I have a pretty good idea you can't because I have been searching for the names of the committee rules delegates for weeks and can't find more than 8 states that have released them.  So I do have some interest in it besides just this thread.  You think you can turn this around on me by calling me dishonest?  You can try, but I'm not the one that made a claim and can't back it up with proof.  In fact, I try to be pretty diligent with posting proof, links, etc., and on the occasion that I find I am wrong I correct myself as best I can.  A little bit of honor in dealing with people goes a long way.  We can disagree all day long.  I will call you out every time you present "facts" that you cannot back up with proof.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2016, 02:54:25 am »
"You NeverTrump also have another problem Manfort has made sure he has vast majority of Trump delegates." - Mechanicos

You said this.  You volunteered the "information".  If it is true then it is relevant to the conversation.  If it is true.  You want us to believe it because you have said it.  I'm calling you out; show us the proof.  I have a pretty good idea you can't because I have been searching for the names of the committee rules delegates for weeks and can't find more than 8 states that have released them.  So I do have some interest in it besides just this thread.  You think you can turn this around on me by calling me dishonest?  You can try, but I'm not the one that made a claim and can't back it up with proof.  In fact, I try to be pretty diligent with posting proof, links, etc., and on the occasion that I find I am wrong I correct myself as best I can.  A little bit of honor in dealing with people goes a long way.  We can disagree all day long.  I will call you out every time you present "facts" that you cannot back up with proof.
So get off your angry rear end and pull up the delegate lists since its YOU who cannot figure out Cruz dropped OUT and Manfort has had open runs since Cruz dropped with many large population sates and the north east. But then common sense and research will not overcome what ever it is wrong with you where you think its Ok to try this game with me.

Now I will never jump to do what you want, you lost my respect with this dishonest side track.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2016, 03:05:08 am »
Fascinating.

And one way for delegates to thread the needle among all of the possible rules is simply to abstain on the first ballot.  Because as French notes,

Yet even if that happened, an abstaining or dissenting delegate could not be counted as supporting any other candidate for president.

So consider: suppose there was a broad movement among the delegates to abstain on the first ballot.  This would a) deny Trump the necessary 1237 votes on the first ballot; and b) send the voting to the crucial second ballot, where any question of delegate-binding goes away.

Result: Trump probably does not get the nomination, and a compromise candidate (TBD) will be nominated instead.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2016, 03:06:51 am »
So get off your angry rear end and pull up the delegate lists since its YOU who cannot figure out Cruz dropped OUT and Manfort has had open runs since Cruz dropped with many large population sates and the north east. But then common sense and research will not overcome what ever it is wrong with you where you think its Ok to try this game with me.

Now I will never jump to do what you want, you lost my respect with this dishonest side track.

As I said, 8 states.

2016 Rules Committee members

Alabama
##Ed Henry
##Laura Payne

Colorado
##Guy Short
##Kendal Unruh

Louisiana
##Ross Little Jr.
##Gwen Bowen

Michigan
##Matt Hall
##Judi Schwalbach

North Dakota
##Curly Haugland
##Sandy Boehler

South Dakota
##Sandye Kading
##David Wheeler

Utah
##Mike Lee
##Sharon Lee

Washington, D.C.
##Bob Kabel
##Jill Homan

I have been looking for a complete list of delegates and have not been able to find one.  It can perhaps be compiled if one searches every state GOP website.  Have you done that?  I haven't.

You made the claim that Manafort has made sure that the vast majority of delegates are Trump delegates.  You brought it up.  No one forced you to say it.  You cannot prove your claim.  Honesty is important.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2016, 03:07:33 am »

And Honorable Ted Cruz still is racking up delegate count. Even in States Scam Wow won.

The point being is the activist are Ted... Scam Wow did not even fill his slate of delegates in NJ... that is how incompetent trump is.

Frederick Douglass

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2016, 03:11:34 am »
And Honorable Ted Cruz still is racking up delegate count. Even in States Scam Wow won.

The point being is the activist are Ted... Scam Wow did not even fill his slate of delegates in NJ... that is how incompetent trump is.

I have read as much also, but cannot find any real proof of it.  I don't know if you will recall, but there was a big dustup several weeks ago about Cruz "capturing" Washington state delegates.  People were reading the headline and assuming that somehow Cruz was adding delegates to his delegate count towards winning the primary by taking them away from Trump.  What was happening was at the state convention Cruz supporters were getting elected to be the ones to actually attend the RNC.  Seems he's been setting himself up a pretty good support structure at the convention because Trump has been too incompetent to understand ALL the rules of the game.

geronl

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2016, 03:12:03 am »
#NeverTrump is not about Ted Cruz

Offline r9etb

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2016, 03:15:21 am »
I have read as much also, but cannot find any real proof of it.  I don't know if you will recall, but there was a big dustup several weeks ago about Cruz "capturing" Washington state delegates.

It's true.  My brother was at the state convention, and something like 41 out of 42 elected delegates were Cruz supporters.  In WA, as in Colorado and elsewhere, Trump was out ground-gamed by the Cruz team.  Meaning that any wrinkles in the first ballot at the National convention will make life very unpleasant for Trump, and very interesting for everybody else.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2016, 03:15:50 am »

Some guy that is "sick of SoCons and Bible Thumpers" such as yourself, calling himself a 'conservative' no less,  is about the last person with a grip on reality, so your odds of getting anyone here to see 'your reality' are directly proportionate to the number of your fellow Trump travelers in the discussion.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2016, 03:17:13 am »
As I said, 8 states.

2016 Rules Committee members

Alabama
##Ed Henry
##Laura Payne

Colorado
##Guy Short
##Kendal Unruh

Louisiana
##Ross Little Jr.
##Gwen Bowen

Michigan
##Matt Hall
##Judi Schwalbach

North Dakota
##Curly Haugland
##Sandy Boehler

South Dakota
##Sandye Kading
##David Wheeler

Utah
##Mike Lee
##Sharon Lee

Washington, D.C.
##Bob Kabel
##Jill Homan

I have been looking for a complete list of delegates and have not been able to find one.  It can perhaps be compiled if one searches every state GOP website.  Have you done that?  I haven't.

You made the claim that Manafort has made sure that the vast majority of delegates are Trump delegates.  You brought it up.  No one forced you to say it.  You cannot prove your claim.  Honesty is important.
Trump won 33 States, He won the delegates in them. Many were large number delegate states.  Manfort knows the delegate game and has been on with Trump since May. Now you prove Cruz's ground game was not negated like it was in PA for all the States Trump won since then. Its called math. Trump has won more delegates and more states with Manfort to ensure no stealth Cruz people creeped  in. Which by the way was no secret plan. 

Offline Fantom

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2016, 03:20:33 am »
I have read as much also, but cannot find any real proof of it.  I don't know if you will recall, but there was a big dustup several weeks ago about Cruz "capturing" Washington state delegates.  People were reading the headline and assuming that somehow Cruz was adding delegates to his delegate count towards winning the primary by taking them away from Trump.  What was happening was at the state convention Cruz supporters were getting elected to be the ones to actually attend the RNC.  Seems he's been setting himself up a pretty good support structure at the convention because Trump has been too incompetent to understand ALL the rules of the game.

Yep, incompetrump and lazy.

Methinks someone here is going to be surprised at the Cruz support from the delegates.

Frederick Douglass