Author Topic: Florida AG Asked Donald Trump for Donation Before Nixing Fraud Case  (Read 606 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Florida AG Asked Donald Trump for Donation Before Nixing Fraud Case

Bondi was not the only GOP attorney general to shy away from suing Trump.
The Associated Press first reported last week that then-Texas Attorney Greg Abbott received $35,000 from Trump, three years after his office in 2010 dropped a proposed lawsuit over Trump U. Following AP’s report, former Texas Deputy Chief of Consumer Protection John Owens said the case had been dropped for political reasons. He also made public a detailed internal summary of what he called his staff’s strong case against Trump.
A spokesman for Abbott, now the Texas governor, said the case was dropped after Trump’s organization agreed to stop offering his namesake real-estate seminars in the state. Within months, Trump University was out of business nationwide.
By choosing not to pursue Trump in court, the GOP attorneys general left the unhappy students in their states on their own to try to get refunds from the celebrity businessman.
Both Bondi and Abbott have now endorsed Trump for president.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-ag-asked-donald-trump-142144193.html?nhp=1

I get what he was talking about when he said the case should have been over a long time ago.  I guess he has a few more people to buy off.

Oh, and I really like this quote from the article. 

“When I want something I get it,” Trump said at an Iowa rally in January. “When I call, they kiss my ass. It’s true.”

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

Re: Florida AG Asked Donald Trump for Donation Before Nixing Fraud Case
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 03:45:28 am »
Trump and Bondi should go to prison.

A bribe was paid and accepted and any semblance of justice was thrown away.

I'd call that official oppression, personally.