Author Topic: Eyes on Romney's Summit to see if 'Statesman' Joins the Race  (Read 819 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=732948

Newsmax
Eyes on Romney's Summit to see if 'Statesman' Joins the Race
Wednesday, June 8, 2016 02:24 PM

By: Bill Hoffmann

The GOP will keep a watchful eye on a high-powered business and politics conference in Utah this week for signs Mitt Romney may bow to pressure from the establishment Republicans to throw his hat in the ring as a third-party candidate.

On Thursday, Romney is set to kick off the three-day E2 Summit in Park City, an annual gathering of influential political and business leaders who debate the political situation in the country.

The private event attracts about 300 participants from around the country, with Romney as the key speaker, The Park Record newspaper reports.

The newspaper says that last year the annual event hosted six Republicans who had declared their candidacies for the GOP nomination or were considering it. The E2 Summit was first launched after Romney's unsuccessful presidential run in 2012.

Romney has been urged by several GOP pundits to help stabilize the party by running as a third-party spoiler to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. The former Massachusetts governor has said he is not interested, but is said to be keeping close tabs on the intensifying race.

On Wednesday, leading conservative elections analyst and political historian Jay Cost asked Romney to change his mind because the nation needs a "statesman of the first rank."

"These are extraordinary times, and your nation still has need of your service. I respectfully implore you to run for president as an independent candidate in 2016," Cost wrote in The Weekly Standard.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Eyes on Romney's Summit to see if 'Statesman' Joins the Race
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 10:28:51 pm »
I'm inclined to say he won't.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 10:31:24 pm »
Give it a rest Mitt..you're a loser!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 06:22:21 am »
I understand the great distaste for MItt, but I would rather back a loser than a man with the character traits of trump. Mitt may have lost, but he never lowered himself to mocking a disabled reporter, mocking POWs, fanning racial divisions to advance himself, mocking the appearances of women, stating that GWB lied to American people, and so on. I firmly believe History books will show the shame of this election with the choices that the electorate made in the primaries and we will ask ourselves... What did I do?

Thats true.  He just passed laws as governor to get more babies aborted, then made money off it through his Stericycle profits at their disposal.

Not seeing that as an upgrade, personally.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 06:24:33 am »
Give it a rest Mitt..you're a loser!

Said it on FR. Said it here on TBR. He's not done.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 06:54:12 am »
I understand the great distaste for MItt, but I would rather back a loser than a man with the character traits of trump. Mitt may have lost, but he never lowered himself to mocking a disabled reporter, mocking POWs, fanning racial divisions to advance himself, mocking the appearances of women, stating that GWB lied to American people, and so on.

Doesn't matter. Conservatives already proved they won't vote for Romney. He will split the Repub pool of moderates and liberals with Trump, and hand Hillary the win.

The only way forward is a Conservative that can draw from the moderates. That leaves Trump and Hillary vying for moderates and liberals, and the Conservative winning the plurality.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 07:26:03 am »
Nobody wants Romney.

Another northeastern liberal, ugh