Author Topic: Donald Trump Promises to ‘Take Care of Our African American People’  (Read 940 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.mediaite.com/online/donald-trump-promises-to-take-care-of-our-african-american-people/

Donald Trump Promises to ‘Take Care of Our African American People’

by Tommy Christopher | 8:26 am, June 8th, 2016 VIDEO 235

Cable news lost the plot of the 2016 presidential election a long time ago, and if you need more evidence of that, just consider Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump‘s victory speech Tuesday night. While cable news pundits wondered aloud if thirteen minutes of not vomiting on himself at a podium could “turn the corner” on the charges of blatant racism that are coming from his own party’s leadership, Donald Trump was busy taking ownership of black people. Again.

"We’re going to rebuild our inner cities, which are absolutely a shame and so sad. We’re going to take care of our African-American people that have been mistreated for so long."

I was flipping between the networks, and if the line merited a mention, it was so short that I missed it, and so did our TV transcription database. But it certainly made an impression online, where Twitter users were quick to enshrine it:

Follow
 Grace Laine @TAW3343
We're going to "take care of OUR African American people." Trump too stupid, too racist to know what he just said.
8:23 PM - 7 Jun 2016
  18 18 Retweets   17 17 likes

Follow
 jeremy scahill ✔ @jeremyscahill
Trump: It's gonna be great. We are going to give "our African American people" 3/5 of a vote.
8:24 PM - 7 Jun 2016
  114 114 Retweets   203 203 likes

Follow
 Oliver Willis @owillis
trump
"my african-american"
"our african-americans"

hey don what are you hinting at there?
8:24 PM - 7 Jun 2016
  77 77 Retweets   126 126 likes

Follow
 Nerdy Wonka @NerdyWonka
Trump: "We are going to take care of our African American people that have been mistreated for so long." pic.twitter.com/sovYjyXKmY
8:37 PM - 7 Jun 2016
  169 169 Retweets   195 195 likes

Follow
 American Bridge ✔ @American_Bridge
"Our" African-American people all live in the inner cities, huh Donald?
https://youtu.be/asY8Tk-8pbI
8:55 PM - 7 Jun 2016
  38 38 Retweets   24 24 likes

Follow
 Roger Simon ✔ @politicoroger
Trump: "We are going to take care of our African-American people"
Translation: Trump still doesn't get it.
8:36 PM - 7 Jun 2016
  123 123 Retweets   146 146 likes

Several of those Twitter users referenced Trump’s recent shout-out to a man he called “my African American” at a rally, another connection that cable news seemed to miss in favor of the narrative they’d worked so hard to pre-package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asY8Tk-8pbI
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

Offline kjam22

By saying he will take care of.......He means giving every African American family a free box set of "The Apprentice" on their choice of DVD or Blueray
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:05:51 pm by kjam22 »
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline sinkspur

Trump reminds me of a long-dead uncle. God bless him, but he grew up using the "n" word and used it all the time, even in public. 

He just didn't know any better.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It's time he hired a speech writer..put it on a teleprompter and stick to it....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kjam22

It's time he hired a speech writer..put it on a teleprompter and stick to it....

He figures it worked when he said we were going to take care of OUR vets, and THE evangelicals........
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Wingnut

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  2h2 hours ago
"@SIR MIX-A-LOT : @ tRump-o'-smooth-skin
You say you wanna get in my Benz?
My homeboys tried to warn me
But that butt you got makes me so horny:
Love my African Americans
556 retweets 2,561 likes
Reply   Retweet  556   Like 2.6K 

Online kevindavis007

Trump, seems to think that President is suppose to take care of people... He is wrong..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kjam22

Trump reminds me of a long-dead uncle. God bless him, but he grew up using the "n" word and used it all the time, even in public. 

He just didn't know any better.

I just went through that last night.  My 80 year old mother with dementia thinks she is about 10 years old and is using 1945 language when addressing some of the workers in The facility caring for her.    It kinda blew up yesterday.   You just wish God would take her home, because there is no fix here.

Offline RedHead

And how have they been mistreated?  Any examples?

Offline kjam22

And how have they been mistreated?  Any examples?
e

They weren't allowed to eat with the two Corinthians?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Trump cannot express himself in an intelligent manner. That is a YUUUGE problem. Yet when he reads his script from the teleprompter it is painfully bad.  :thud:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He figures it worked when he said we were going to take care of OUR vets, and THE evangelicals........

I really don't think Trump is a racist at all...but the way he words things off the cuff causes him more harm than good...Hilary's campaign will be all over this soon.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Charlespg

I really don't think Trump is a racist at all...but the way he words things off the cuff causes him more harm than good...Hilary's campaign will be all over this soon.
like you said , he needs to speak more carefully
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
He is such a bad candidate that it's just stunning.

Trump is going to be shredded by the Dimocrap machine. He is a target-rich environment for ridicule and negative ads. Yet the Dimocrap candidate is utterly corrupt with her influence peddling and use of her email server to avoid detection of that corruption who belongs in prison.  It is truly an unbelievable election cycle.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
He wants to be from the government here to help.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:46:16 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
For me, I think the way the Donald, talks and things like that, is wonderful. He is a fine, wonderful person. He is a good friend of mine and I love him.

But, But, I would say, just for me personally, that the Donald cannot talk any other way than the way that he talks. How could he? How can Donald Trump, who is a wonderful person and a good friend of mine, talk any other way than like Donald Trump talks? He can't. He can't...He simply can't.

And....He wont take any advise! From anybody! Who could possibly know better what the Donald wants to say, and how he wants to say it, than Donald Trump? Nobody! No one could know better than he does.

Donald will get better. He knows a lot, like I mean really a lot, like enormous amounts of English, and words. More than anyone else knows. And when he hits his stride, it will be tremendous, it will be wonderful, stupendous, really, it will be like something no one has ever seen before.

---------------------------------

Eventually, Trump will have to surrender his ego and start using the teleprompter. He can't keep up his campaign with all of these gaffes one after another. I still have to vote for him, but sometimes I wish he would take a minute to think before he speaks.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Eventually, Trump will have to surrender his ego and start using the teleprompter. He can't keep up his campaign with all of these gaffes one after another. I still have to vote for him, but sometimes I wish he would take a minute to think before he speaks.
My [late] mother used to say, "The only thing you can change on a man is his socks." While overly cynical, I'd have to agree in regard to Trump. WE have to get used to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuesauNtqTU

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Trump needs to stop using possesive prounouns in refrence to races or individuals. Why would he talk like that anyways?

Oh yes, he's very possesive of people.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline GrouchoTex

...as opposed to someone else's African-American people?