Author Topic: Gingrich: Trump's judge attacks 'one of the worst mistakes' he's made  (Read 591 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/282260-gingrich-trumps-judge-attacks-one-of-the-worst-mistakes

June 05, 2016, 09:49 am
Gingrich: Trump's judge attacks 'one of the worst mistakes' he's made

By Rebecca Savransky

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich said on Sunday that presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump should not have attacked a California judge regarding his "Mexican heritage."

"This is one of the worst mistakes Trump has made," Gingrich said on "Fox News Sunday."

"I think it's inexcusable."

Trump last week criticized Judge Gonzalo Curiel, questioning whether the judge could be impartial as he oversees lawsuits against Trump University.

Trump said Curiel's "Mexican heritage" is an "absolute conflict" in three civil fraud lawsuits. He said the judge is biased because of Trump's calls for a wall along the border with Mexico.

Gingrich said in Sunday's interview that Trump has "every right to criticize a judge" and has "every right to say certain decisions aren't right."

But he slammed Trump for his comments, noting the judge was born in Indiana.

"He is an American. Period. When you come to America, you get to become an American and Trump who has grandparents who came to the U.S. should understand this as much as anybody," he said.

Gingrich dodged a question about whether what Trump said about the judge was racist. He called it a mistake and said he hoped it was "sloppiness."

The former Speaker said Trump is no longer fighting for the nomination in the primaries, but is now the potential leader of the United States.

"Trump has got to, I think, move to a new level," he said.

"He's got to move his game up to the level of being a potential leader."

Still, Gingrich said he's been "amazed" by how fast Trump has grown and how fast the presumptive GOP nominee learns.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Remember all of the Trump supporters who were ecstatic that Gingrich endorsed Trump?  Are you going to take seriously his criticism of Trump now?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mechanicos

A judge who is a member of the Hispanic KKK
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
A judge who is a member of the Hispanic KKK

I will use the Donald defense to make my point.  You are "dishonest".  Not the KKK.  Its a Latino Lawyer association.  Not the loony liberal La Raza group.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mechanicos

I will use the Donald defense to make my point.  You are "dishonest".  Not the KKK.  Its a Latino Lawyer association.  Not the loony liberal La Raza group.
Read the whole Thread, its not long, and pay attention to evidence then you will not look so ignorant parroting a Liberal talking point from the left.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,210154.0.html
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline LadyLiberty

I guess Newt is not going to make the cut for VP now.

Offline Mechanicos

I guess Newt is not going to make the cut for VP now.
IMHO likely he had learned he did not make the cut is why he did it.