Author Topic: Trump steals photo of black family; tweets it out as if they are supporters  (Read 22309 times)

Offline musiclady

My Goodness. Sometimes I feel like I am alone in the universe.

Trump did not 'steal' anything.
It is very unlikely that Trump himself posted anything.

All that happened 'in reality', as if that matters anymore, is some dopey staff member pulled the trigger too quickly to re-Tweet a Twitter user post which, of course, was already out there in the Twittersphere, and was derived from some, apparently, public domain photos which had already been shown on a public newscast.

Yes, the poor intern, or the poor PR person running Trump's Twitter account who did this, will probably be fired. But that is all that will come of it. My guess is that Trump has absolutely no knowledge of how any of this came to happen and is as confused about it as we are. Although, I fairly sure he is enjoying all the attention, especially all of the people now reading his Twitter-feed for the first time. So..., there is that.

This will strut and fret an hour upon the stage And then will be heard no more. It is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.

What a perfect description of Donald J. Trump!

Did you think of that all by yourself??   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Several of the Sherlock's here think that dude is the TBR member formally known as "AnyOneButADem."
However this is still unconfirmed. One search lead us to Mechanicos.  He was asked to comment but repeated knocks at his front door went unanswered...

LOL!  It's not.  Trust me.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

My Goodness. Sometimes I feel like I am alone in the universe.

Trump did not 'steal' anything.
It is very unlikely that Trump himself posted anything.

All that happened 'in reality', as if that matters anymore, is some dopey staff member pulled the trigger too quickly to re-Tweet a Twitter user post which, of course, was already out there in the Twittersphere, and was derived from some, apparently, public domain photos which had already been shown on a public newscast.

Yes, the poor intern, or the poor PR person running Trump's Twitter account who did this, will probably be fired. But that is all that will come of it. My guess is that Trump has absolutely no knowledge of how any of this came to happen and is as confused about it as we are. Although, I fairly sure he is enjoying all the attention, especially all of the people now reading his Twitter-feed for the first time. So..., there is that.

This will strut and fret an hour upon the stage And then will be heard no more. It is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.

Trump has said many times before that he does all his own tweeting and retweeting.  So no "staffer" pulled the trigger.

Trump did.

Not a public domain photo. It was taken at a family reunion and copyrighted.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

I know.  Let's make this chucklehead president.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

LOL!  It's not.  Trust me.   :laugh:
He sure comments about us Ex Freeper types with scorn. Possible I guess. Not that any of us really care. Although his determination to excuse the inexcusable on an hourly basis sorta makes him the bad example we can all point to.

So that's a plus.

I ruled out A-Hert early on.....

Although on the instability curve .... Norm has a point! 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:20:42 pm by Wingnut »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So a video recording of Trump actually saying it is not to be trusted?  Wow.  Just wow.  The truth simply isn't in you.
Yes because it was created after the date of the quote and omits what was said in the article made at the time it was said.
In the actual quote posted and sourced in a prior post Trump begins it by attributing the quote to others. Anything that omits the first part of the quote is false.

It is amazing to watch the lengths of deceit and spin you people will go to in order to prop up your King Presumptive, DESPITE the fact the video of Trump speaking (all by himself) clearly illustrates Trump BRAGGING about the fact that his supporters are so loyal that he could shoot someone and not lose a single one of them.

I guess the above is just your version of "it depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is."

Shameless.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mechanicos

So a video recording of Trump actually saying it is not to be trusted?  Wow.  Just wow.  The truth simply isn't in you.
It is amazing to watch the lengths of deceit and spin you people will go to in order to prop up your King Presumptive, DESPITE the fact the video of Trump speaking (all by himself) clearly illustrates Trump BRAGGING about the fact that his supporters are so loyal that he could shoot someone and not lose a single one of them.

I guess the above is just your version of "it depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is."

Shameless.
Facts are facts. Your video omitted the first part of the quote already published in January long before the edited video was posted omitting the first part. Closer in time is the more accurate.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You're a real piece of work there, INVAR!  Bless your heart.

You guys and your nominee keep giving us ammo.

BTW - applying Alinsky's rule No. 5 is not becoming of someone claiming to be Conservative or Republican.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Facts are facts. Your video omitted the first part of the quote already published in January long before the edited video was posted omitting the first part. Closer in time is the more accurate.

It's not MY video - it's CNN's video, and they omitted NOTHING in the video.  Trump BRAGS on the fact he has loyal supporters who will not abandon him even if he shoots someone.  I watched the whole thing.

You can keep trying to refute that until the cows come home.

You just keep digging yourself into the mire and reveal your abject shameless JoshErnestness.

Offline Mechanicos

It's not MY video - it's CNN's video, and they omitted NOTHING in the video.  Trump BRAGS on the fact he has loyal supporters who will not abandon him even if he shoots someone.  I watched the whole thing.

You can keep trying to refute that until the cows come home.

You just keep digging yourself into the mire and reveal your abject shameless JoshErnestness.
Go ahead stand by CNN's honesty....
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline musiclady

Trump has said many times before that he does all his own tweeting and retweeting.  So no "staffer" pulled the trigger.

Trump did.

Not a public domain photo. It was taken at a family reunion and copyrighted.

Of course, considering that Trump is a pathological liar, maybe he doesn't do his own tweeting, and his devoted follower here may know he's a liar (they don't seem to care about anything wrong that he does), so he figures Trump is lying about doing is own tweeting and that a staffer must have done it.

(It's hard to contort oneself enough to understand a Trump devotee's mindset, but I think I succeeded here............ didn't I?  ^-^ )

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Of course, considering that Trump is a pathological liar, maybe he doesn't do his own tweeting, and his devoted follower here may know he's a liar (they don't seem to care about anything wrong that he does), so he figures Trump is lying about doing is own tweeting and that a staffer must have done it.

(It's hard to contort oneself enough to understand a Trump devotee's mindset, but I think I succeeded here............ didn't I?  ^-^ )

You are holding Trump to a standard that Jesus Christ or the Pope could never endure. Does Trump lie? Why not ask if I lie? Do you lie? Let he who does not lie cast the first stone.

But, you "caught me", if that helps you in some way. Cutting through all of the hyperbole and bombastic nonsense, the core question is do I believe that Trump composes his own Tweets. And the answer is Yes and No.

I think he does some of them, but I also have no doubt that he has some staff member(s) managing the Tweeterverse and Facebook as it applies to him. There is simply no way possible that he would have the time to worry about Twitter with all that he has to do daily.

The ones that are especially important and have his characteristic grammatical inflections and mistakes are likely his. Tweets like the one in question here could have been sent by anyone and would likely not require his specific input or approval.

That is my opinion. Of course I could be wrong.

I would love to stay and play (I really would) but I have a meeting. It is a blast reading and posting on this site. Calling me. Gotta go
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:51:57 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump is a living breathing gaffe machine.  If there was a less corrupt dim opponent , he'd be pushing 30-35% in  head to head polls.

One wonders how bad someone would have to be ... to be worse than Trump.

Even the evil and corrupt Hillary can't cut it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Norm Lenhart

You are holding Trump to a standard that Jesus Christ or the Pope could never endure. Does Trump lie? Why not ask if I lie? Do you lie? Let he who does not lie cast the first stone.

But, you "caught me", if that helps you in some way. Cutting through all of the hyperbole and bombastic nonsense, the core question is do I believe that Trump composes his own Tweets. And the answer is Yes and No.

I think he does some of them, but I also have no doubt that he has some staff member(s) managing the Tweeterverse and Facebook as it applies to him. There is simply no way possible that he would have the time to worry about Twitter with all that he has to do daily.

The ones that are especially important and have his characteristic grammatical inflections and mistakes are likely his. Tweets like the one in question here could have been sent by anyone and would likely not require his specific input or approval.

I would love to stay and play (I really would) but I have a meeting. It is a blast reading and posting on this site. Calling me. Gotta go

There is one HELL of a difference between "No Honey, I wasn't drinking" and trying to obtain the highest office in the land by destroying a conservative with projection of ones own lying/lying about every position he randomly holds depending on the audience and the hour.

Trump isn't 'whit lying' anything. He has been caught red handed in serious untruth. REPEATEDLY. With no remorse or apology. He and his lapdogs refuse to even acknowledge video freaking tape of him doing it. Like any other DEMOCRAT he and they attack the person bold enough to present the evidence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Go ahead stand by CNN's honesty....

It's your King Presumptive doing the talking there pal.  No CCN commentary. Just Trump speaking.

All by himself.

But you go ahead and declare that because it was aired on CNN that they have to be lying and creatively editing what Trump plainly says.

It's the only way you can excuse your King Presumptive.

You must belong to the Josh Earnest School of Spokesmen. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

It's your King Presumptive doing the talking there pal.  No CCN commentary. Just Trump speaking.

All by himself.

But you go ahead and declare that because it was aired on CNN that they have to be lying and creatively editing what Trump plainly says.

It's the only way you can excuse your King Presumptive.

You must belong to the Josh Earnest School of Spokesmen.

I want someone to point out the difference between this open propagandist and the average FR poster today.

Attacks the messanger and neverthe message
Insists that all non Trump supporters are supporters of and working for Hillary
Refuses to address factual evidence,
Throws many tantrums when called on his BS.
Posts emoticons/memes to avoid addressing issues.

What is the difference?

None.

Offline musiclady

The only people who compare Trump with Jesus Christ are his devotees, and it is blasphemy.

But it seems that the bottom line here is that you came on this thread castigating people for thinking that Trump does his own tweets, and then you said that Trump did his own tweets.

The issue you avoid is that Trump has been caught lying dozens, scores, or even hundreds of times, and apparently you don't care.

Or at least you are willing to excuse those myriad of lies by twisting the facts to his advantage, even if its nonsensical.

I feel sorry for you people.  There are actual, good people in this world.  Strong, honorable people who deserve to be admired, even though they, as everyone else, are flawed.   Why not choose one of them to admire?

Why, in heaven's name do you choose one of the most vile, disgusting human beings on earth to worship?

None of this makes sense in a sane world.  NONE of it.

Offline musiclady

I want someone to point out the difference between this open propagandist and the average FR poster today.

Attacks the messanger and neverthe message
Insists that all non Trump supporters are supporters of and working for Hillary
Refuses to address factual evidence,
Throws many tantrums when called on his BS.
Posts emoticons/memes to avoid addressing issues.

What is the difference?

None.

Dishonesty and dishonor are not restricted to TOS.   You may find it more pleasant to put this guy on Ignore.

Absolutely NOTHING he says is worth reading.  And very little of it has even a modicum of truth in it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I feel sorry for you people.  There are actual, good people in this world.  Strong, honorable people who deserve to be admired, even though they, as everyone else, are flawed.   

There aren't enough actually good people on the planet to fill Yankee Stadium with. And the ones there would have enough room remaining to throw a Rave.

Which is why we have leftists in control of every formerly civilized nation there is and two leftists, one in each of the two major parties, trying to win the role here to replace the current leftist. And why they have the majority of this country's support between them.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Dishonesty and dishonor are not restricted to TOS.   You may find it more pleasant to put this guy on Ignore.

Absolutely NOTHING he says is worth reading.  And very little of it has even a modicum of truth in it.

I considered it. But the leftists here cannot be allowed to spew unopposed. Thats what happened to FR. And they destroyed FR.

Offline musiclady

I considered it. But the leftists here cannot be allowed to spew unopposed. Thats what happened to FR. And they destroyed FR.

Point well taken.

But after a while, the idiocy and the lies can be overwhelming.

I admire you for continue to counter those lies with the truth.

Offline musiclady

There aren't enough actually good people on the planet to fill Yankee Stadium with. And the ones there would have enough room remaining to throw a Rave.

Which is why we have leftists in control of every formerly civilized nation there is and two leftists, one in each of the two major parties, trying to win the role here to replace the current leftist. And why they have the majority of this country's support between them.

Well, this isn't a religious discussion, but the truth is, there isn't a single "good" person on earth............ but there really are people who deserve admiration, again, recognizing that we are all sinful and that no one is perfect.

My point was, why would anyone choose to admire Donald J. Trump, who is clearly one of the most dishonest and least admirable people on the face of the earth?

It boggles my mind.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Point well taken.

A witness has to be given so that they have no excuse for the consequences that they authored for themselves.

The Watchmen warn and if no one heeds, the blood is on their own heads.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Nobody "destroyed" anything, Norm....except in your empty head.   FreeRepublic didn't fail after the Bug Zapper Thread...it didn't fail after the Romney affair...and it will be bigger than ever after Trump wins this November.

Calling members liars and leftists used to be unheard of in this forum.

All you seem to want to do is fight.    **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Norm Lenhart

Point well taken.

Oh it is. But we all gotta do whatever we have the tolerance to do.  Fortunately the old usenet wars and working with a newsroom full of liberal reporters set my tolerance pretty high.

It also taught me from the inside how they play the game and how to deal with them.