Author Topic: David French signals the death of the ‘Never Trump’ movement. Sad! By Chris Cillizza  (Read 317 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/06/01/david-french-signals-the-death-of-the-never-trump-movement/

David French signals the death of the ‘Never Trump’ movement. Sad!
By Chris Cillizza June 1 at 10:14 AM

The "Never Trump" movement died Tuesday night.

That's when the loose affiliation of Republican pundits and conservative thinkers, banded together by their shared distaste for Donald Trump as the GOP nominee, leaked the news to Bloomberg Politics that conservative lawyer David French was the secret third-party candidate they have been working to recruit into the 2016 race as an alternative to the real estate mogul.

The news of French ended days of frantic speculation set off by a tweet — yes, this is the world we now live in — by Weekly Standard editor and "Never Trump" leader Bill Kristol.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mesaclone

Its like reading the script of some spoofy political comedy. Its so incredibly stupid that you think it just can't be real...but it apparently is. This has the makings of some great comedy, but I must say I literally feel bad for this poor French guy. He's likely a perfectly decent man with some great political views on important issues...but as Bill Kristol's little puppet he now takes on the role of a buffoonish proxy.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Victoria33

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/06/01/david-french-signals-the-death-of-the-never-trump-movement/

The "Never Trump" movement died Tuesday night.

Yes, the Never Trump movement died because we now have a candidate if Austin runs.  It only takes one state going for David French to take away enough electoral votes that Trump and Hillary cannot win and that puts the election in the House of Representatives to select the president.  Any Republican they select is tons better than Trump and Hillary.

I have read about Austin and he is not mentally disturbed, has his head on straight and can talk in complete sentences and write in complete sentences and is a major conservative in his head - he lives it.  Plus he is a constitutional lawyer, not a lawyer who runs to accidents to get clients.  He is on the order of Cruz except Austin put his life on the line in Iraq for this country.

The military would vote for Austin and Austin would make a fine Commander in Chief of the military.

I would use my 10 year experience in elections working with the Republican Party/my connections, to further his election.  He needs to make a decision within the next few days in order to get on another state's ballot and that time period is up in a few days for that state.

He may be able to take the state of Utah and that would send the election to the House of Representatives.  Vote Austin if he runs.
@CatherineofAragon
@Bigun
@Norm Linhart
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:14:47 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Mesaclone

Yes, the Never Trump movement died because we now have a candidate if Austin runs.  It only takes one state going for David French to take away enough electoral votes that Trump and Hillary cannot win and that puts the election in the House of Representatives to select the president.  Any Republican they select is tons better than Trump and Hillary.

I have read about Austin and he is not mentally disturbed, has his head on straight and can talk in complete sentences and write in complete sentences and is a major conservative in his head - he lives it.  Plus he is a constitutional lawyer, not a lawyer who runs to accidents to get clients.  He is on the order of Cruz except Austin put his life on the line in Iraq for this country.

The military would vote for Austin and Austin would make a fine Commander in Chief of the military.

I would use my 10 year experience in elections working with the Republican Party/my connections, to further his election.  He needs to make a decision within the next few days in order to get on another state's ballot and that time period is up in a few days for that state.

He may be able to take the state of Utah and that would send the election to the House of Representatives.  Vote Austin if he runs.
@CatherineofAragon
@Bigun
@Norm Linhart

No. In a House election ONLY the top 3 electoral vote getters can be on the ballot. So it will still be Hillary or Trump...and French if he were to win any electors. At that point, each state delegation votes to determine the one vote for that state in the House election...which means a pure party line vote. So whichever of the Dems or Repubs controls the most delegations, elects their guy...either Trump or Clinton.

A House election doesn't mean other names can be brought in and chosen...they cannot. The constitutional amendment allows ONLY for those top 3 to be on the House ballot.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain