Author Topic: Rush: The Press Conference Republican Voters Have Wanted to See for Years  (Read 3607 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, yes, *conservative* republican.  But they're all supposed to be in favor of the party platform, so saying conservative republican *should* be repeating yourself.  What do we call ourselves now that we have no party?  The conservatives formerly known as republicans?  But we have wanted republicans to represent us like they are supposed to do as republicans.

We're still Conservatives.  Just not Republicans.  We didn't leave the party...the party left us.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
A certain part of me enjoys seeing Donny yelling at the press. It's funny if nothing else.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
A certain part of me enjoys seeing Donny yelling at the press. It's funny if nothing else.

In some respects they deserve it.

It would be more effective if he didn't do it all the time.  It loses its effectiveness if he does it all the time.

And at some point he's going to need the press to be friendly...and if he continually pisses on their head they won't be there when he needs them to be.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

• Technical

It would be more effective if he didn't do it all the time.  It loses its effectiveness if he does it all the time.

And at some point he's going to need the press to be friendly...and if he continually pisses on their head they won't be there when he needs them to be.

His supporters like this sort of stuff... problem is that it won't necessarily make him an effective President.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
His supporters like this sort of stuff... problem is that it won't necessarily make him an effective President.

Nixon's constant battle with the press and his "enemies list" bit him in the ass.

Same thing will happen to Trump IF he's elected and continues to treat the media the way he does.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
He's accepted Trump's totally undignified behavior as normal and justifies his attacks on whomever he attacks at the moment.

I've never heard Rush say that his behavior is "normal".  What he has said in the past, is what he said today:

"Folks, it's a fascinating case study in politics and sociology, psychology, pop culturism, post whatever modernism, it's an amazing thing, and I'm gonna do my best to explain it because it's fascinating to me.  It's literally fascinating to me."

Having said that, I haven't been waiting for Trump to do what he did today, but I can remember Sunday talks over and over again where I found myself yelling at the TV trying to tell the Republican guest what to say back at the jerks.  It got so bad, I had to stop watching.  My blood pressure was too high when I did!!!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Manhandling the media the way Trump did is applaudable.  They deserve it and Trump did a great job dishing it back.

HOWEVER, Trump seems to be the one patronizing the vet card for HIS benefit.  How much of the $6M was HIS?  Its fine to raise money for Vet causes, but don't go around claiming it because your running for the President of the United States.  What did he do BEFORE he decided to run?  Yeah, maybe he donated to some cause in the past, but that doesn't make him king of supporting the Vets.
I'm starting to think this whole Trump vs. the media fight is as real as pro wrestling. Trump has been part of the media for a long time. The media knows this is good for ratings. In a few months they'll body slam him back and then it may be real.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

• Technical
Has anyone parsed the Reporter's question and the truth? Was the reporter on to something? Or just displaying the typical bias.

The difference is important to me.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Someone posted this on facebook, and I want to copy it here, because it is something to think about:

Donald Trump's criticism of the media has reached Nixonian levels — only Trump isn't doing the name-calling in private. He's doing it right to reporters' faces.
 On Tuesday, Trump pointed out ABC News reporter Tom Llamas and called him "a sleaze." Llamas' crime? Asking the presumptive Republican presidential nominee to explain why he had misled people about how much money he'd raised for veterans.

During his tirade about the press, he interrupted CNN's Jim Acosta who was asking Trump about his ability to deal with scrutiny, to say sarcastically, "Excuse me, excuse me. I've watched you on TV. You're a real beauty."

The attack, which came amid one of Trump's familiar diatribes about the "dishonest" media, was the latest in a string of personal insults Trump has made against reporters covering his campaign.

Trump has called Fox News host Megyn Kelly "a bimbo." He dubbed NBC's Katy Tur, "little Katy, third-rate journalist." He has also individually tweaked reporters from the New York Times, Politico, CNN and elsewhere. And at nearly every rally, the brash billionaire reams the press as "dishonest," "disgusting," "slime" and "scum," calling political reporters the worst types of human beings on earth, prompting his crowds of thousands of supporters to turn, without fail, to jeer and sometimes curse at the press.
Trump's objective here is clear, several campaign strategists and political reporters observed: To discredit the people who call attention to his lies, his contradictions, his lack of transparency and the less seemly aspects of his history.

"Why attack media?" asked Michael Barbaro of The New York Times. "So you can keep saying they are 'discredited' when tough stories come out. It's deliberate attempt at inoculation."

Inoculation is a tried and true tactic for Trump: When faced with a fraud trial over Trump University recently, the Republican candidate noted that the U.S. District Court Judge "happens to be, we believe, Mexican" — a not-so-subtle signal to his supporters that the judge was likely biased against Trump because of his controversial remarks about Mexican immigrants.

By railing against the media, Trump also stokes the anti-media fervor of his base (which puts little stock in anything the media says) and deflects attention from his own shortcomings — in this instance, the fact that he did not raise the $6 million for veterans groups until forced to do so by pressure from the media. A day spent talking about Trump's relationship with the media is a day not spent talking about his own controversies.

"If the collective take away from Trump's [press conference] is that he hates media and the media spends time fretting about this, then he's met his goal for today," tweeted Chuck Todd, the NBC News political director and moderator of "Meet The Press."

The press corps seems to be growing increasingly impatient with Trump's ability to spin every objective inquiry about his campaign into an attack on the "dishonest" media.

At Tuesday's press conference, one exasperated reporter asked if he intended to keep up the anti-media screeds if he became president.

Trump was unequivocal: "I'm going to continue to attack the press," he said.

CNNMoney (Los Angeles)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Someone posted this on facebook, and I want to copy it here, because it is something to think about:

Donald Trump's criticism of the media has reached Nixonian levels — only Trump isn't doing the name-calling in private. He's doing it right to reporters' faces.
 On Tuesday, Trump pointed out ABC News reporter Tom Llamas and called him "a sleaze." Llamas' crime? Asking the presumptive Republican presidential nominee to explain why he had misled people about how much money he'd raised for veterans.

Unlike a statesman, Trump just INSULTS and threatens like a schoolyard bully - rather than call out media hypocrisy and inconsistency and outright manipulations by instances and and example.

Even if Trump has a justified reason to slam the media - the reasons WHY the media should be ignored and seen as just a propaganda arm of the Left is just lost in his use of personal insults and personal ad hominem attacks.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RetBobbyMI

Sorta like Obama does every day, whether is is newsworthy or not.  Trump and Obama just like to hear themselves speak...about nothing mostly.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

-- how many years have people been begging for a Republican to just once take on the media the way Trump did? All the way from the premise, to the details, to the motivation.  He took 'em all on . . . 

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Sorta like Obama does every day, whether is is newsworthy or not.  Trump and Obama just like to hear themselves speak...about nothing mostly.

And they really don't say anything.  It's just a word salad with how great they are the loose basis for what they are saying.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've read repeatedly over the last several years that one of the worst mistakes G.W. Bush made was not fighting back against the criticisms that were leveled against him, sometimes viciously.

Well, now we have a Republican who's willing to fight back. Fight relentlessly, bare-knuckled.
Who else would say to a member of the "mainstream media", right in the middle of a televised press conference:
===
"I don't mind scrutiny.  What I don't like is lies.  You can scrutinize me all day long but you set up false premises. You state things about me that are not true. Then you run stories on that. That's why I'm out here trying to correct the record."  And then Trump says, "By the way, I've seen you, you're among the worst. You're at ABC, right?  You're the worst. You're a sleaze."
===

I didn't watch the press conference, but I'd be jumpin' up and down, yelling and applauding at Trump's response to that... well... sleazeball "reporter"!

(You're quite welcome to call me a yokel if you wish.
C'mon, give it your best shot.)

As I said, there is finally someone on the Republican side of the fence who will fight.
I don't care if his credentials aren't sparkling-fresh-purewater-conservative.

This guy is a winner, at a time when there are seemingly no other "Republican winners" within sight, all the way to the horizon.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Who else would say to a member of the "mainstream media", right in the middle of a televised press conference:
===
"I don't mind scrutiny.  What I don't like is lies.  You can scrutinize me all day long but you set up false premises. You state things about me that are not true. Then you run stories on that. That's why I'm out here trying to correct the record."  And then Trump says, "By the way, I've seen you, you're among the worst. You're at ABC, right?  You're the worst. You're a sleaze."
===

Yet when Cruz fought back and called out the lies in the Enquirer and emanating from Trumps twitter feed...and all of the stories on Fox about things that weren't true....the Clown Posse that is the Trump Cult hooted and hollared and waggled their arm pits and downed out any one from the Cruz camp that tried to push back against what was being said.

The way I see it...this is karma coming back to Trump.  Reap what you sew Donny.

As I said, there is finally someone on the Republican side of the fence who will fight.

Trump isn't even a "purewater" RINO.  He's a devout Liberal.

This guy is a winner, at a time when there are seemingly no other "Republican winners" within sight, all the way to the horizon.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 02:14:20 am by txradioguy »

Offline RoosGirl

LOL.  That stupid audio clip of Charlie Sheen saying "winning!" is exactly what I think of when I hear Trump talk about winning so much we'll get tired of it.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
And they really don't say anything.  It's just a word salad with how great they are the loose basis for what they are saying.
Nationalism is a silly cock crowing on his own dunghill.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
I've read repeatedly over the last several years that one of the worst mistakes G.W. Bush made was not fighting back against the criticisms that were leveled against him, sometimes viciously.

Well, now we have a Republican who's willing to fight back. Fight relentlessly, bare-knuckled.
===
===

I didn't watch the press conference, but I'd be jumpin' up and down, yelling and applauding at Trump's response to that... well... sleazeball "reporter"!

(You're quite welcome to call me a yokel if you wish.
C'mon, give it your best shot.)

Since you didn't watch the press conference, you missed the reported that Trump insulted and went off on, asked a legitimate question about what happened to the money that was raised for the Vets/charities?

Any time Trump is asked tough questions (which isn't very often) he starts the attacks, the insults, the blowback, if you will.  And because of the herd mentality of his followers, they don't pay attention to what the reporters are actually saying or questioning, no matter how legitimate or not.  All they see, is Trump is taking on the media, yeh, go get em Trumpy boy. 

Trump is not even close to being a Republican, let alone a conservative.  There's nothing "pure" about him, except his ego.  He's once again, using something that a lot of people have issue with (the media angst) and using it for HIS gain, attacking them, insulting their reputation, all so he can take cover off his own record and reputation.  This way, when they do actually report something on him, he can say, they aren't credible.  They are liars.  See?  I told you....and his sheep will mindlessly nod in agreement. ****sheep****

Offline kidd

I have to admit that whatever may come out of Trump's mouth, whether I agree with it or not, he does have the capability to manhandle the media. They have not been able to do anything to him so far, he has completely owned them.
Trump has two strong attributes:
- He is NOT politically correct
- He knows how to handle the media.

He likes big government, thinks it is ok to kill a baby if his/her father is a rapist, supports the seizure of private property to build Walmarts and wants to protect gay "marriage".
He is a populist, not a conservative.
He's a fighter. Too bad that he'll be fighting for the other side on a lot of issues.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trump has two strong attributes:
- He is NOT politically correct
- He knows how to handle the media.

He likes big government, thinks it is ok to kill a baby if his/her father is a rapist, supports the seizure of private property to build Walmarts and wants to protect gay "marriage".
He is a populist, not a conservative.
He's a fighter. Too bad that he'll be fighting for the other side on a lot of issues.

Trump has repeatedly shown us that he WILL attack anyone, even members of his own party with a public viciousness that does not comport with a statesman executive in charge of executing the laws and upholding the Constitution. 

Instead Trump has demonstrated is that he will publicly insult and destroy any individual, company or interest that opposes what he thinks should be done.

That is beyond frighteningly dangerous.

Because if he decides to do things that are unConstitutional or harmful to Conservative issues, who is going to dare oppose him knowing they will be publicly made an example of and possibly even punished via various means that Trump already said he favors?

Those are the earmarks and attributes of a dictator with a temper issue.  Not someone I trust in the office he seeks.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Nationalism is a silly cock crowing on his own dunghill.
Well said. I'm reminded of what George Orwell said: Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Because if he decides to do things that are unConstitutional or harmful to Conservative issues, who is going to dare oppose him knowing they will be publicly made an example of and possibly even punished via various means that Trump already said he favors?

Those are the earmarks and attributes of a dictator with a temper issue.  Not someone I trust in the office he seeks.
How dare you call for Trumps assassination....  :tongue2: