Author Topic: Trump berates press for scrutiny of donations to vets  (Read 945 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Trump berates press for scrutiny of donations to vets
« on: May 31, 2016, 03:56:00 pm »
By Jonathan Easley May 31, 2016, 11:41 am
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281721-trump-berates-press-for-scrutiny-of-donations-to-vets

“It seems to me you’re resistant to the kind of scrutiny that you get with running for president of the United States,” said CNN anchor Jim Acosta.

Trump responded: “I like scrutiny, but you know what, when I raise money – excuse me, excuse me, I’ve watched you on television and you’re real beauty – when I raise money for the veterans and it’s a massive amount of money, find out how much Hillary Clinton has given to the veterans it’s nothing.”

“I don’t want the credit for it but I don’t want to be lambasted,” Trump added.

exc

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump berates press for scrutiny of donations to vets
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 03:58:46 pm »
Trump can't resist a personal slam at the reporter.

He's sensitive because he's been sitting on this cash for FOUR MONTHS, didn't give his million until the press hounded him about it, and opened himself to such scrutiny.

Acosta should have asked what he skimmed off the top to launder this money.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 04:01:58 pm »
Maybe if he didn't give us so many reasons to doubt his word on everything.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 04:03:19 pm »
The best evidence that Trump isn't rich, more than not releasing his tax returns, is that he didn't just donate more to vets to get to $6 million.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 04:06:06 pm »
By Jonathan Easley May 31, 2016, 11:41 am
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281721-trump-berates-press-for-scrutiny-of-donations-to-vets

How dare they question Wonderful Donald about his donations to veterans!  Off to the re-education camps with them!

(For those who can't tell, the above sentence was typed in a sarcastic tone of voice.)
Let it burn.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 04:06:24 pm »

Robert Costa
‏@costareports
"You think I'm going to change? I'm not changing." Donald Trump at his news conference Tuesday

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 04:07:45 pm »
CNN going after Trump's presser and his indignation about being questioned unlike they did earlier in the primary.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:13:54 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 04:10:47 pm »
Headline of the presser:  "Witless Ape asked about Executed Ape."

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 04:21:29 pm »
What a pathetic attempt to dodge the question:  why don't you go ask Clinton how much she's raised.  Because her use (or abuse) of charity for political purposes isn't in issue right now, yours is, Trump. 

Pathetic. 

No doubt he's getting full court support from his worshippers, who see nothing wrong with what he's done, or who won't simply because he says he didn't do anything wrong, even though he refuses to prove it by showing the records. 

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 04:40:10 pm »
He is taking a beating on CNN about his "vetting process" in addition to his presser.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:40:51 pm by Gov Bean Counter »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 04:53:55 pm »
How dare they question Wonderful Donald about his donations to veterans!  Off to the re-education camps with them!

(For those who can't tell, the above sentence was typed in a sarcastic tone of voice.)

Watch and learn. Trump gave a stunning preview of how this authoritarian will deal with the press if he becomes the President. No one is allowed to question him. He will do his best to suppress the First Amendment and change the libels laws to punish those who dare to question him. It was chilling. He talked right over Carl Cameron, not letting him ask a question. I bet he wouldn't even hire a press secretary- he will do the job himself.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 04:57:25 pm »
Since Trump rarely parts with his own cash, he must have been desperate to approach the much vaunted $6 million number. No wonder he was so angry.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 05:03:12 pm »
Since Trump rarely parts with his own cash, he must have been desperate to approach the much vaunted $6 million number. No wonder he was so angry.

Dollars to donuts says that the million dollar check was from Trump Enterprises and not a personal check.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 05:54:15 pm »
Dollars to donuts says that the million dollar check was from Trump Enterprises and not a personal check.

You're probably right!

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 06:02:55 pm »
Watch and learn. Trump gave a stunning preview of how this authoritarian will deal with the press if he becomes the President. No one is allowed to question him. He will do his best to suppress the First Amendment and change the libels laws to punish those who dare to question him. It was chilling. He talked right over Carl Cameron, not letting him ask a question. I bet he wouldn't even hire a press secretary- he will do the job himself.

John Barron or John Miller is a shoe in to get that job.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 06:15:46 pm »
CNN going after Trump's presser and his indignation about being questioned unlike they did earlier in the primary.

The Dear Leader Trump should realize that the questioning from the press comes with the details.. Now I know why he hates the 1st Amendment..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 06:46:52 pm »
I'm fairly sure he 'flipped' the money somehow and kept the profits in the nearly half year he sat on it.

You can picture Gordon Gekko saying, "Ok gang, we've got five mil, what can we do with it in 6 months?"

Trump is just pissed because people started squawking about the money before he was done using it.

As far as the overhead fees he deducted, there are two major/primary questions. The first is, How much did he really raise? He says 6 million, but how do we know it wasn't really 7 or 10 million? We don't know that. How do we know that the 5.6 million that he claims he gave isn't really just half or less than half of the total amount he took in?

Second, What about the simple interest the money must have gained while Trump was "holding" it for us? Where did that money go? Did he keep it? We don't know.

Regardless of any political leanings, because of Trump himself as a person not a politician, and his very evasive and highly reluctant behavior in discussing the very specific details of what happened with the money he collected, this is just screaming for a full audit. This is not partisan. I think any normal person would be at least curious about what happened.

No more "fund raisers" for Trump. I can't see that happening again.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 06:51:39 pm »
John Barron or John Miller is a shoe in to get that job.

Very funny! Trump's alter ego as press secretary. :silly: