Author Topic: Trump wants big sports stadium for Cleveland acceptance speech  (Read 2641 times)

Oceander

Re: Trump wants big sports stadium for Cleveland acceptance speech
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 03:56:39 pm »

I remember on how everyone on our side hated it.. Well now that our guy is doing it, it is OK..

Disgusting, isn't it.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2016, 04:02:12 pm »
This is a terrible idea.

First, it's an outdoor stadium and if the weather goes south, it will be a disaster.

Second, given the likelihood of protests, etc., having an open-admission rally in a public stadium that large is just begging for trouble.  Too many people to vet, no real ability to remove people who protest...it could get really ugly.

On the flip side, I think it's premature/unfair to compare this with Obama's event, where the Greek trappings and ornateness of the set was worthy of mockery.  If Trump doesn't do it that way, I don't have an issue with it other than the practical concerns stated above.  I'd personally hold off on those comparisons until we know what the actual set will look like.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:04:02 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Oceander

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2016, 04:04:27 pm »
This is a terrible idea.

First, it's an outdoor stadium and if the weather goes south, it will be a disaster.

Second, given the likelihood of protests, etc., having an open-admission rally in a public stadium that large is just begging for trouble.  Too many people to vet, no real ability to remove people who protest...it could get really ugly.

On the flip side, I think it's premature/unfair to compare this with Obama's event, where the Greek trappings and ornateness of the set was worthy of mockery.  If Trump doesn't do it that way, I don't have an issue with it other than the practical concerns stated above.  I'd personally hold off on those comparisons until we know what the actual set will look like.

Trump wants his own Reichstag fire.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2016, 04:06:41 pm »

I agree...I think it's too early for comparisons.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2016, 04:11:08 pm »
Disgusting, isn't it.

It is..  We can't have it both ways..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”