Author Topic: ‘Suck it up, cupcake!’: Sarah Palin delivers another weird and incoherent speech introducing Trump  (Read 4734 times)

Offline Gov Bean Counter

In retrospect America dodged bullet in 2008. This woman is just as bat **** crazy as McCain.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:48:40 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Combine all this with the fact that Alaska has one of the highest ratio of men to women in the country, and it becomes painfully obvious how she got elected in the first place.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Suppressed

She seems to be little more than a crude, stupid hick.  I now believe that the McCain campaign dressed her up and groomed her and managed her to make her seem more polished.  Apparently this is the real Sarah Palin.

That was clear to anyone who read the Troopergate reports in depth, including transcripts of interviews with her.  Her behavior with the Wooton matter alone was enough to show what trash she is.  Shallow opportunist, not a paragon of virtue.

We conservatives have a bad habit of falling for a pretty smile with the right ideological patter (Christine O'Donnell, anyone?).  I'm in a glass house myself...I admit, I was an early supporter of Palin, long before she was chosen for the VP slot.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
She sounds part delusional, part drunk.

I'm surprised Donald hasn't dumped her yet.  I don't know what he did to get her on board but I hope he paid her up front.

It's sad to me how far Sarah Palin has sunk ... I did love her once.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Henry Noel

Her last speech was a masterpiece of insanity. What is wrong with this woman?

She's a complete humbug. Back in '08 she was the only slightly conservative thing on the menu; she got some traction for it, and jockeyed it into a bit of money and fame. But you can only drink so much small beer before realizing that you're paying good money for hop-flavored water.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Norm Lenhart

I'm surprised Donald hasn't dumped her yet.  I don't know what he did to get her on board but I hope he paid her up front.

It's sad to me how far Sarah Palin has sunk ... I did love her once.

I was a big supporter of her in 08/12 and regret absolutely none of it. But whatever happened to her in the meantime, I want no part of what she's become. She abandoned everything she once fought for in favor of what she fought against.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I was a big supporter of her in 08/12 and regret absolutely none of it. But whatever happened to her in the meantime, I want no part of what she's become. She abandoned everything she once fought for in favor of what she fought against.

Yeah I don't know what happened to her.  I used to think she was Conservative.  They have a movie about her.  Its like a comedy.  We had it on the other day and turned it off.  Figured that it was a liberal movie.  Sure was funny though.  They made her look so stupid like she didn't have a clue about anything.  Doubtful as to if there was any truth in it.

Truth is that her recent appearances don't make her look any smarter than the movie portrayed her.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LottieDah

Mrs. Palin, why are you not back in Alaska with your family? Need I remind you, your husband was in a major snowmobile wreck. Perhaps your time would be better spent by his side.

Here is an answer:  Sarah Palin cares more about advancing her career than her family.  I used to think she was okay and simply misunderstood.  Boy was I wrong.  This gal needs to be quiet and retire from public life.

Offline kevindavis007

"A president who will never disrespect our vets"

Yes, forget about that money he supposedly raised for them, right?

I had to turn the volume way down to listen to that video; the God-awful screeching went through my head like an ice pick.  It's especially bad when her voice hits the guttural notes.

I thought Palin's low point came when she was photographed looking very drunk with two guys and a sign that bore the "F" word, but I was wrong.  She continues on her embarrassing descent, and it shows no sign of slowing.

She seems to be little more than a crude, stupid hick.  I now believe that the McCain campaign dressed her up and groomed her and managed her to make her seem more polished.  Apparently this is the real Sarah Palin.

Can you imagine had McCain won, and something happened to him and she was near the button....
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

geronl

Haha!  My thoughts as well!  She is delusional.

The Trump campaign called me up today.  The conversation went like this:

"Hi, I'm *insert name here* from the Donald Trump for President campaign"

That's when I interrupted with this:

"No, no.  No way.  Not gonna happen."

Then I hung up.

lol. We should think of some funny responses to those calls.

"Not this time, Von Doom! I'm not fooled!"

Silver Pines

That was clear to anyone who read the Troopergate reports in depth, including transcripts of interviews with her.  Her behavior with the Wooton matter alone was enough to show what trash she is.  Shallow opportunist, not a paragon of virtue.

We conservatives have a bad habit of falling for a pretty smile with the right ideological patter (Christine O'Donnell, anyone?).  I'm in a glass house myself...I admit, I was an early supporter of Palin, long before she was chosen for the VP slot.

Interesting information about the Troopergate reports; thank you.

I liked Palin early on, around the time she made her 2008 convention speech.  It was fantastic, IMO.  I just don't think we were seeing the real Palin then.

She began to wear on me, though.  It reached the point that I could barely stand to see another "Mama Grizzly" or "you betcha"...the corn factor was too much.  And some of her diehard (to this day) supporters on another site approached cult member status.  Even the slightest criticism would bring about pinging of indignant Sarah-bots. 

Most of the men who still support her just can't let go of their crush.  As for the women, I have no explanation.

Silver Pines

Can you imagine had McCain won, and something happened to him and she was near the button....

LORD, no, I can't.

Offline Henry Noel

LORD, no, I can't.

Oh, I don't think it would have been as bad as all that. She did a stint as Governor of Alaska, and things didn't go too badly.

It's just that we've already had eight years of hootenanny with Clinton. We don't need any more of that sort of thing.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline mirraflake

I can't handle Palins voice. She should have gone to a voice coach to get rid of that  screechy twange.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:11:18 pm by mirraflake »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I can't handle Palins voice. She should have gone to a voice coach to get rid of that  screechy twange.

I used to get absolutely savaged at tos when I suggested that.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whXTdyYaPcc

• Technical
Another Palin greatest hit:

https://vine.co/v/ieKI9rebnEB

She's clearly on something.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I've never been a fan of Palin, I was listening to some show where they were saying in effect, she may well have helped McCain lose votes in that election.

But that said, she's been ruthlessly attacked by the left, Bill Maher and others, David Letterman anyone? We know the press will come down on her and if it was a Democrat, they may well leave her alone.

I wouldn't engage in being so critical that almost seems like a blood sport.

• Technical
I've never been a fan of Palin, I was listening to some show where they were saying in effect, she may well have helped McCain lose votes in that election.

But that said, she's been ruthlessly attacked by the left, Bill Maher and others, David Letterman anyone? We know the press will come down on her and if it was a Democrat, they may well leave her alone.

I wouldn't engage in being so critical that almost seems like a blood sport.

I liked Palin for a while. I defended her because I thought her record as Alaskan governor, up until she quit, was admirable. I thought she was unfairly attacked during the 2008 election. I defended right up until she came out for Trump, who I believe may torpedo the conservative cause. Now I see her in a different light.

Offline musiclady

I liked Palin for a while. I defended her because I thought her record as Alaskan governor, up until she quit, was admirable. I thought she was unfairly attacked during the 2008 election. I defended right up until she came out for Trump, who I believe may torpedo the conservative cause. Now I see her in a different light.

I felt the same way, except that Palin lost me when she became a reality show persona rather than doing some homework and becoming a serious conservative.

When she endorsed Trump, I knew that she had sacrificed every principle she ever claimed to have.

Now, she's not worth listening to about anything........... at least political.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline OldSaltUSN

Spot on!

:thumbsup:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I can't imagine why a Japanese family in, say, Utah would need to be sent to an internment camp.

Heck, for the life of me I can't understand why a Chinese family or a Korean family (both suffered because of the Japanese) would be rounded up and sent to the camps with the Japanese. Imagine that. Imagine that your family fled from Korea because of the Japanese occupation-annexation (happened before WW1, by the way) and you end up being thrown into a camp as a Japanese agent or something.

It was a stupid thing.

I really like Malkin 98% of the time, though

I don't want to hi-jack the  thread, but thank goodness for TBR. I was so used to FR where this was viewed as such a good thing I was cringeing that this thread was headed that way. Glad to see human rights still mean something over here.

BTW slightly more connected to the thread. Your fiction work is great, can't wait for the next chapter; thanks for sharing. Maybe an appearance by Sarah is in order? Just a suggestion.

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour