Author Topic: Gingrich: Trump Needs Ability to Fire 'Incompetent Bureaucrats'  (Read 615 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=730702

Newsmax
Gingrich: Trump Needs Ability to Fire 'Incompetent Bureaucrats'
Wednesday, May 25, 2016 03:11 PM

By: Mark Swanson

Newt Gingrich said the ability to fire "incompetent bureaucrats" is one of the first pursuits he would suggest of a President Donald Trump, the Daily Caller reports.

Work with Congress to get that done, the former House speaker said.

"The first thing they have to do to be successful is pass a law allowing them to fire incompetent bureaucrats," Gingrich told the Daily Caller in an interview Monday, citing the VA. "You cannot manage the Veterans Administration until you can manage the people who are there."

Gingrich cited another case in Puerto Rico, and last week EPA officials testified of having to pay $55,000 to a convicted child molester to get him to leave because of the agency's inability to fire him.

"There are thousands of places like that filled with arrogant bureaucrats seeking to impose their values on the country," Gingrich said.

The Daily Caller asked Gingrich about being Trump's vice presidential pick.

"It's all up to Donald Trump," Gingrich said. "It's the first really big decision he'll make, and I'm sure he'll be thinking about it very carefully and looking at a number of options … There are a bunch of good names out there."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Gingrich: Trump Needs Ability to Fire 'Incompetent Bureaucrats'
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 10:52:50 pm »
Trump needs the ability to prosecute and convict criminal behavior from previous Obama officials,  including Obama.   

But Trump will likely be his own worst enemy on this front.    He's not going to throw into jail nearly enough people who very badly need to be thrown in jail.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 11:14:00 pm »
Trump needs the ability to prosecute and convict criminal behavior from previous Obama officials,  including Obama.   

But Trump will likely be his own worst enemy on this front.    He's not going to throw into jail nearly enough people who very badly need to be thrown in jail.

Dumbest thing Trump could do.  He wants to "negotiate" and work with Democrats, he's going to let the Obama administration depart in peace.  Especially since the Democrats are likely to control the Senate.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 11:34:46 pm »
So True    :smokin:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 02:19:14 am »
Title:
"Gingrich: Trump Needs Ability to Fire 'Incompetent Bureaucrats'"

I've been a member of this forum for a while now, and I've NEVER seen any other member ONCE lay out how he/she might rein in runaway bureaucracies and regulatory agencies such as the EPA.

I've come to a plan as to how it should be done.

I believe this would prove workable and "un-challengeable" through administrative law procedures that govern hiring/firing of civil service employees.

In an agency like EPA, I believe there are three kinds of employees:
- appointed positions (who serve at the pleasure of the president)
- civil-service positions (who cannot be "terminated for pleasure" and can only be fired "for cause", AFTER the appropriate [and lengthly] procedures have been followed).
- contractors (who are bound by legal contract).

How I would deal with each of these classes:

Appointed positions -- simply terminate them, ALL of them. Bye bye.

Civil-service employees -- since they can't simply be "given the boot", there are a few possible approaches here:
1. Relieve them of their duties and current projects. That is to say, re-assign them from whatever tasks they currently perform, even if that means putting them at a desk with nothing to do all day. Pay them for doing nothing.
You're laughing or scowling -- "what's the purpose of that?" you wonder.
My rationale is that by "doing their jobs" (especially in the EPA, where "their jobs" are destructive to the American economy and the freedom of ordinary Americans) they are doing more damage, at greater cost, than they would do if they were relieved of their jobs and paid to do nothing at all.
2. Advise ALL the employees in the agency that they will receive no more favorable job reviews so long as they remain with that agency, but if they submit applications to move elsewhere, they will be given good referrals upon doing so.
3. If nothing else works, tell them to go home and pay them to STAY HOME. They can't wreck the country and the Constitution by doing that.
Employees so "re-assigned to nothing" would really have no recourse under administrative law -- after all, they're still being paid, benefits, etc. If they don't like being paid for doing nothing, well, they can always -- quit.

Contractors -- the agencies are bound to their prior agreements with these types. Advise them that as of a certain date, those contracts are terminated by the government. If liquidated damages are specified, simply pay them. Otherwise, force them to the courts for any compensation they demand. If the contractors win in the courts, just pay them to get rid of them. And DON'T HIRE ANY MORE.

If I was hired by Trump to deal with, say, the EPA, that's what I'd do.

OK, guys and gals, shoot me down!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:22:30 am by Fishrrman »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 02:24:21 am »

You've got my vote Fishrrman!   :thumbsup:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 02:32:50 am »
Newt Gingrich = colossal suckup

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 04:22:10 am »
Gingrich said in an interview, sometime in last four or five years, that one of his biggest regrets as Speaker of the House is that he failed to teach Republicans how to govern as the majority party in power.

I wish I could find the exact quote, but I can't as of yet.

That struck me. Republicans absolutely do not know how to govern when they are in power. They don't use the political power structure to their advantage and seem to always be more concerned with the rights and feelings of the minority party.

For all of Trump's faults and flaws - and there are so many - I think that will be one thing he is good at.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 06:52:31 am »
Title:
"Gingrich: Trump Needs Ability to Fire 'Incompetent Bureaucrats'"

I've been a member of this forum for a while now, and I've NEVER seen any other member ONCE lay out how he/she might rein in runaway bureaucracies and regulatory agencies such as the EPA.

The EPA is dog simple. Their actions in shutting down both energy production and military readiness through their mandates prove conclusively they are quite literally a threat to national security.

Simply remove their funding via Exec order based on that threat and arrest everyone on staff pending Congressional investigations and ultimately, separate trials for providing aid and comfort to foreign powers under the Patriot Act.