Author Topic: Trump: NM governor ‘not doing the job’  (Read 10766 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: NM governor ‘not doing the job’
« on: May 25, 2016, 01:33:55 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281170-trump-nm-governor-not-doing-the-job

May 25, 2016, 07:21 am
By Mark Hensch

Donald Trump late Tuesday accused Gov. Susana Martinez (R-N.M.) of shirking her responsibilities, after she skipped a rally for the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

“Since 2000, the number of people on food stamps in New Mexico has tripled,” he said during a campaign rally in Albuquerque. "We have to get your governor to get going. She has to do a better job, OK? She’s not doing the job.

“Hey, maybe I’ll run for governor of New Mexico. I’ll get this place going. We’ve got to get her moving. Come on, let’s go governor.”
Martinez on Monday said that she was “really busy,” adding that she would not attend Trump’s event in her state.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump: NM governor ‘not doing the job’
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 01:40:40 pm »
The Rump strikes a blow against the GOP Governor of NM.  Well done Von Clownstick.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 01:42:47 pm »
That'll win over independents in NM.  Not. 

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 01:43:40 pm »
I guess we can count Governor Martinez out as Trump's VP.

Trump really loves going into states and attacking Republican governors for some reason.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:44:40 pm by Eowyn »

Offline RedHead

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 01:44:32 pm »
For someone who has such terrible polling numbers among women and Hispanics you would think that the last person he'd tear into would be a Republican Hispanic woman governor in a state he'll likely need.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 01:45:12 pm »
For someone who has such terrible polling numbers among women and Hispanics you would think that the last person he'd tear into would be a Republican Hispanic woman governor in a state he'll likely need.

You'd think.  :banging:

goopo
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:00:33 pm by Eowyn »

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 01:47:42 pm »
Trump continues to unify the Republican party by attacking Republicans.  I can't think of better evidence that he's more concerned about ego gratification than he is about "Making America Great Again."
James 1:20

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 01:53:55 pm »

Yep... :facepalm2:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 02:05:11 pm »

“Hey, maybe I’ll run for governor of New Mexico. I’ll get this place going. We’ve got to get her moving. Come on, let’s go governor.”
Martinez on Monday said that she was “really busy,” adding that she would not attend Trump’s event in her state.

If this is how he going to treat even the slightest dissent, I'd feel better if he were the Governor of New Mexico instead of POTUS, but I don't want to wish that on the people of New Mexico.
He is thin-skinned.
IMO, this was just a lash out because she didn't attend his rally.

I liked her response:

"Gov. Susana Martinez fires back at Trump, with spokesman saying she will not be "bullied into supporting candidate."

It is what a lot of us have been saying all along

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 02:08:40 pm »
This is one of many things Trump does that informs my opinion of him.  He publicly mocks and criticizes anyone who he feels has slighted him in the least little way.  She doesn't attend the rally.  He starts mouthing off with not even the smallest bit of knowledge about the State and what the Governor's actual performance might be.

How can anyone reasonably expect this man to manage interactions with the Legislative and Judicial branches, his cabinet, the heads of foreign states, the military?

"The best predictor of future behavior is … past behavior".  Particularly true when the person is CONSISTENT in his/her behavior patterns.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 02:25:49 pm »
[Trump opens mouth]

RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT!!

Pivot...

RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT!!

Pivot...

Ow, my foot!

The Republic is lost.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 02:35:35 pm »
Smooth move there Exlax.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 02:46:29 pm »
“Hey, maybe I’ll run for governor of New Mexico"

Please, please, please do.

I'm behind him 110% on this one.....

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 02:56:16 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281170-trump-nm-governor-not-doing-the-job

May 25, 2016, 07:21 am
By Mark Hensch

Donald Trump late Tuesday accused Gov. Susana Martinez (R-N.M.) of shirking her responsibilities, after she skipped a rally for the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

“Since 2000, the number of people on food stamps in New Mexico has tripled,” he said during a campaign rally in Albuquerque. "We have to get your governor to get going. She has to do a better job, OK? She’s not doing the job.

continued

A tiny man, just like Obama.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 03:15:30 pm »
This is one of many things Trump does that informs my opinion of him.  He publicly mocks and criticizes anyone who he feels has slighted him in the least little way.  She doesn't attend the rally.  He starts mouthing off with not even the smallest bit of knowledge about the State and what the Governor's actual performance might be.

How can anyone reasonably expect this man to manage interactions with the Legislative and Judicial branches, his cabinet, the heads of foreign states, the military?

"The best predictor of future behavior is … past behavior".  Particularly true when the person is CONSISTENT in his/her behavior patterns.

Trump continues with his one consistent "policy"- hitting back harder when he feels slighted. He does not have the temperament for the highest office in the land.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 03:16:03 pm »
Trump will Win New Mexico
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/05/25/anti-trump-thugs-shout-viva-mexico-while-burning-american-flag.html

Trump will get absolutely crushed in NM.  He's not only pissed off Latinos, but he's attacked a sitting governor who is popular with precisely that part of the electorate from whom he needs to get the most support.

This is the exact kind of thing that makes him unpopular with some voters in other states as well.  Do we really want a Republican President who is going. To take potshots at every other Republican who doesn't agree with him?  I mean, we can get that from a Democrat.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 03:24:59 pm »
A tiny man, just like Obama.

It's like watching a Steinbrenner parody on Seinfeld.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq56WnZZPKs
The Republic is lost.

Offline Leto

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 03:37:47 pm »
Another example of trump the malignant narcissist and his lack of self control.

Almost as thin skinned as Obama and just as self obsessed.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 03:41:37 pm »
The Rump strikes a blow against the GOP Governor of NM.  Well done Von Clownstick.

He was talking about the economic climate in NM.  And from the rousing applause and cheering from the crowd, they agreed with Trump.  :shrug:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 03:46:11 pm »
He was talking about the economic climate in NM.  And from the rousing applause and cheering from the crowd, they agreed with Trump.  :shrug:

Because yes, all the people that are going to vote in the election were at that rally, and from New Mexico.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 03:46:35 pm »

Trump's borgs will cheer anything he says. Some will even go on websites and defend the indefensible.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:48:35 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 03:53:10 pm »
Trump's borgs will cheer anything he says. Some will even go on websites and defend the indefensible.

I'd encourage you to watch a replay of the rally.  It's the only way you'll understand why crowds are cheering.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 03:56:22 pm »
Trump will Win New Mexico

Want to bet?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:57:08 pm by RedHead »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 03:56:48 pm »
Another example of trump the malignant narcissist and his lack of self control.

Almost as thin skinned as Obama and just as self obsessed.

When he does this kind of stuff I have to wonder if those that think he's trying to throw the election to the Clintons aren't correct.