Author Topic: Big-name donors join Trump fundraising team  (Read 1987 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Big-name donors join Trump fundraising team
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2016, 02:49:18 pm »
Here is your #neverTrump "grassroots"
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/08/tech-ceos-meet-secretly-with-gop-leaders-to-stop-trump/
Liberals and Establishment...

You mean the same people that are now donating to and supporting Trump?

You really don't understand how base GOTV works do you?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:51:17 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2016, 02:50:25 pm »
No one here is logically required to demonstrate that Trump is beholden to donors.  Trump himself introduced that claim against his opponents.  Having done so, he is now logically required to demonstrate why the argument doesn't apply to him.  If it doesn't apply to him because "he's already rich and he doesn't need the money" then why does he still pursue personal income in his private business?  If he doesn't need money, why does he pursue it?  Whether he *needs* the money or not, he clearly *wants* it, because he continues to pursue it in private business.  So his wealth in no way makes him different from any other candidate who seeks funding for a political campaign.

"Hes [sic] their boss."  The people giving money to Trump work for Trump?  Can you provide some evidence to demonstrate that, or explain in exactly what sense Trump is their boss?  You stated earlier in this thread that those donors have their own reasons for donating to Trump.  What are those reasons, exactly?  What do they hope to achieve in providing the contribution?  Since Trump is "their boss", can he fire them if they don't donate?

Are you suggesting that every other candidate accepts contributions in exchange for political favors, while Trump extorts contributions because he's "their boss"?  That's not the kind of boss any of us want to work for, nor the kind of leader most of us want in The Oval Office.

Exactly!
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2016, 02:53:38 pm »
Didya consult the handler team before posting that one?

Bottom line is if Trump didn't need the money, he wouldn't seek it. Reality is he needs the money, because he is not Mike Bloomberg. He'd have just done it already if he had the liquid assets, which he doesn't, like Mike Bloomberg.
Thats illogical. Its called leveraging OPM look it up. Its a Standard Business practice
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online GrouchoTex

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2016, 03:00:56 pm »
No Logic does not so dictate. For one None of them were Billionaires who had their position already earned before they negotiated with the donors. So Money and Power were not what was the asset they could use to gain control.
As far as the others yes, They are Nothing without their donors, No political life, no office etc. Trump showed he could do it without their help. He does not need them but all the normal politicians do which is why the Donor class normally is the ones in power with the elected ones merely a figurehead who does what they are told. Its about who controls whom. Trump has the power position not the beggar position like the others.

Still can't let go of "They are all crooked except Trump", can you?

Let's try it this way.
Let's make the assumption you are 100% correct.
I am a big donor who has donated to Cruz/Rubio/Kasich/Carson/Christie/Bush, etc,etc,etc, because I expect to buy influence.
Now that all of them are out of the race, I will donate to Trump because I expect to buy.... oh wait, he can't be bought, now what?
I will now donate to Clinton because I expect to buy influence. We know Hillary is for sale, right?
In you world, I cannot now donate to Trump because I have lost the ability to buy influence, so why bother.

BTW, none of them are "billionaires" except Trump, but it is not like any of them are going into the poorhouse anytime soon.

Either these donors, who supported others, now courting Trump, are expecting to have influence or they are not.
It doesn't change simply because the nominee changes.

My logic still stands.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2016, 03:03:24 pm »
Still can't let go of "They are all crooked except Trump", can you?

Let's try it this way.
Let's make the assumption you are 100% correct.
I am a big donor who has donated to Cruz/Rubio/Kasich/Carson/Christie/Bush, etc,etc,etc, because I expect to buy influence.
Now that all of them are out of the race, I will donate to Trump because I expect to buy.... oh wait, he can't be bought, now what?
I will now donate to Clinton because I expect to buy influence. We know Hillary is for sale, right?
In you world, I cannot now donate to Trump because I have lost the ability to buy influence, so why bother.

BTW, none of them are "billionaires" except Trump, but it is not like any of them are going into the poorhouse anytime soon.

Either these donors, who supported others, now courting Trump, are expecting to have influence or they are not.
It doesn't change simply because the nominee changes.

My logic still stands.
No it does not since none of the others could afford to nor was willing to Self-fund their own primary and win it - giving them the position of power to negotiate from. Your logic is apples and oranges. Square peg round hole aka not logical.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2016, 03:13:28 pm »
Thats illogical. Its called leveraging OPM look it up. Its a Standard Business practice

What does that even mean? This is politics, not business. You're not making a return on investment, not speculating on an asset. Why would you take money if you can self fund? I know why, but do YOU know why?
The Republic is lost.

Online GrouchoTex

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2016, 03:23:12 pm »
No it does not since none of the others could afford to nor was willing to Self-fund their own primary and win it - giving them the position of power to negotiate from. Your logic is apples and oranges. Square peg round hole aka not logical.

So I see that your logic is that "when" they get the donations is more important as to "if' they get the donations.
I think you are the one trying to make this into a square peg-round hole argument.
Look, I am not mad or surprised at this turn of events, and predicted it would be the case.
It doesn't put Trump in a bad light, it just makes him look.....normal, average.
Donations are coming from the same sources.
Same donors, same expected results, regardless of when they are placed.

Eventually, fund raisers will be held to retire Trumps primary debt.
Wait and see, watch who is making those donations.
They are far more personal than donating to help him win in the general.
That's Trumps own money they will be reimbursing, not to some war chest for the general.
If he loses, no one will care, but if he wins......

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:23:58 pm by GrouchoTex »