Author Topic: First on CNN: Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe under federal investigation for campaign contributions  (Read 239 times)

Offline ScottinVA

About time Bagman Terry got some scrutiny.  He is as corrupt as they come.

-----

Washington (CNN)Virginia Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe is the subject of an ongoing investigation by the FBI and prosecutors from the Justice Department's public integrity unit, U.S. officials briefed on the probe say.

More at:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/politics/terry-mcauliffe-fbi-doj-federal-investigation-campaign-contributions/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:36:08 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline For-Q-Clinton

I'm shocked! Shocked to find out there is illegal fundraising going on with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=HMIyDf3gBoY
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:11:22 pm by For-Q-Clinton »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

As part of the probe, the officials said, investigators have scrutinized McAuliffe's time as a board member of the Clinton Global Initiative, a vehicle of the charitable foundation set up by former President Bill Clinton.

There's no allegation that the foundation did anything improper; the probe has focused on McAuliffe and the electoral campaign donations, the officials said.

Spokespeople for the Justice Department and the FBI declined to comment.

Among the McAuliffe donations that drew the interest of the investigators was $120,000 from a Chinese businessman, Wang Wenliang, through his U.S. businesses. Wang was previously delegate to China's National People's Congress, the country's ceremonial legislature.

.../

Wang also has been a donor to the Clinton foundation, pledging $2 million. He also has been a prolific donor to other causes, including to New York University, Harvard and environmental issues in Florida.

U.S. election law prohibits foreign nationals from donating to federal, state or local elections. Penalties for violations include fines and/or imprisonment.  But Wang holds U.S. permanent resident status, according to a spokeswoman, which would make him a U.S. person under election law and eligible to donate to McAuliffe's campaign.

It couldn't be learned what else the FBI and Justice Department are investigating as part of the probe in McAuliffe.

The officials say the investigation remains active and ongoing.

I really couldn't figure out what, exactly, they're looking at.  Wang holding US permanent resident status making him eligible to donate to McAwful threw me for a little loop.   :pondering:

Whatever they're looking for I hope they find it.  I would love to see the SOB in jail.  Hopefully in the cell next to BJ Clinton.

Offline verga

It was Bob O'Donnell's corruption that put this @$$hat in office. Ken Cuccinelli should have won and would have if ole Bobby had kept his nose clean.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.