Author Topic: Neocons 'Concerned' With Trump's Foreign Policy  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Neocons 'Concerned' With Trump's Foreign Policy
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 07:22:16 pm »
Trump is not a good person. He's not a person I'd pick for president. But the #nevertrump crowd wants it both ways. They say, you don't know what Trump will do, but, they do suppose that he will do, or not do certain things. Either you don't know, or you do know, you can't sort of know.

I find this election to be more troubling than any in my lifetime, because both candidates are so abysmal. But, as you point out in this case, there are things that Trump most likely will be clearly better handling than Clinton.

I agree with all that.

So, with regret over the position my country finds itself in, I will vote Trump.

I'm not there.  At least, not yet.  My two concerns are 1) I have huge heartburn with his primary campaign that deliberately smeared a lot of decent people, and 2) I worry about his potential to screw up so badly in office that he completely discredits the entire GOP, and kills us in future elections.

I still have to figure out how to resolve those two concerns before I can vote for him.

Offline Relic

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 07:26:45 pm »

I'm not there.  At least, not yet.  My two concerns are 1) I have huge heartburn with his primary campaign that deliberately smeared a lot of decent people, and 2) I worry about his potential to screw up so badly in office that he completely discredits the entire GOP, and kills us in future elections.

I still have to figure out how to resolve those two concerns before I can vote for him.

There is no way to square Trumps treatment of good people. He's an a-hole, and that can't be hidden, or made better.

It's my opinion that it will be advantageous for Congress members of either party to oppose Trump. So, I think, and I hope, that the damage that Trump can do will be mitigated by spirited opposition from those who formerly were without a spine.

Hillary will be the first woman president and would be afforded Obama-like power.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2016, 07:32:34 pm »
There is no way to square Trumps treatment of good people. He's an a-hole, and that can't be hidden, or made better.

It's my opinion that it will be advantageous for Congress members of either party to oppose Trump. So, I think, and I hope, that the damage that Trump can do will be mitigated by spirited opposition from those who formerly were without a spine.

Hillary will be the first woman president and would be afforded Obama-like power.

I agree she's likely to win.  But other than the Court, it may not be as bad as we think if we hold on to the House (likely) and Senate (less likely).  Part of my thinking is that we are likely to be hit with a nasty recession at some point during the next 4 years, and that is going to make whichever of those two unpopular scumbags we elect even less popular.  So I think there's a better than even chance of an opposition surge in 2020.

That means that if Congress can keep some of the breaks on her, the damage she does may not be extensive.   What I worry about with Trump winning is the potential result in 4 years of the election of a young, aggressive progressive as President, who will have control of Congress and the courts.

I'm not saying I want Hillary to win, because I don't.  But the longer-term effects of a Trump win are also likely to be scary in my opinion.  So right now, Hillary winning isn't enough to overcome my issues with Trump.  But, if he takes meaningful steps to address them...then maybe. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2016, 07:35:16 pm »

Straight from the horse's um, er mouth.

-South Korea
Trump complained that the United States received no benefit from deploying troops around the world to help other countries who did not reimburse American taxpayers. “We can’t be the policeman of the world,” said Trump.

What we do get out of it?” he asked. “It’s time that other people stopped looking at us as stupid, stupid people.”

He pledged, if elected, “we are going to get these countries to pay but not only to pay all the money they owe us for many years … we’ve been carrying these countries”, he said.
Source: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/02/donald-trump-north-korea-war-nuclear-weapons

-Jews in general:

Speaking at the Republican Jewish Coalition forum in Washington "You just like me because my daughter happens to be Jewish... The only bad news, I can't get her on Saturday!"

"Stupidly, you want to give money... But you're not going to support me because I don't want your money." “You want to control your own politicians,

"Is there anyone in this room who doesn't renegotiate deals? Probably 99% of you. Probably more than any room I've ever spoken in."

And then: "I'm a negotiator, like you folks."

Ha ha, they are Jews get it! 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/12/03/trump_to_republican_jewish_coalition_youre_not_going_to_support_me_because_i_dont_want_your_money.html

-Israel:
"A lot will have to do with Israel and whether or not Israel wants to make the deal -- whether or not Israel's willing to sacrifice certain things," the real-estate mogul said. "They may not be, and I understand that, and I'm OK with that. But then you're just not going to have a deal."
Just what more can Israel give up to the terrorists who have sworn to kill them all and drive them into the sea?

-Nato
"I think NATO is obsolete,"
"NATO was done at a time you had the Soviet Union, which was obviously larger -- much larger than Russia is today."[/
i]

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/274586-pentagon-nato-is-far-from-obsolete

He seems to think we are running a protection racket and can shake down our allies

"Frankly, they have to put up more money," he said. "We are paying disproportionately. It's too much, and frankly it's a different world than it was when we originally conceived of the idea."

For instance, Trump said Washington was "taking care" of Ukraine and that other European nations were not doing enough to support the Kiev government that has been locked in a long showdown with Moscow.
He doesn't have a clue about what Nato does based on that nonsense.
Source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/21/politics/elections-2016-final-five-highlights/

-Tarriffs
"I would do a tax. And the tax, let me tell you what the tax should be … the tax should be 45%,"[/i]
Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-45-tariff-chinese-imports-china-2016-1
Raise taxes, that's going to make it easier on the middle class. Sure thing King John; I mean Don.

-Debt
I’m the king of debt,” Trump told CNBC. That has a great history of not working well.

And as for paying it back? Well, if the economy crashed, “you could make a deal,” he explained.

Source: http://time.com/money/4320832/donald-trump-national-federal-debt-deal/#money/4320832/donald-trump-national-federal-debt-deal/

These plan worked swell for Greece, and Venezuela.

I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal

Faced with the utter implausibility of his idea, Trump quickly traded Greece for Venezuela, saying, “You never have to default because you print the money.” Not since Paul Krugman’s trillion-dollar coin has anyone seriously proposed inflating our way out of debt.

Source: Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435226/trump-and-national-debt

The last point is Technically Correct. When you figure out why that is it takes care of all your other points, which by the way are not Negatives for Trump at all. Shows hes way smarter then people who think they are bad.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2016, 07:46:20 pm »
The last point is Technically Correct. When you figure out why that is it takes care of all your other points, which by the way are not Negatives for Trump at all. Shows hes way smarter then people who think they are bad.

----------------------------------------------------------
You have a point, if he tried to buck 200 years worth of basic economic wisdom and common sense, he won't have the money or time to worry about the other points.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2016, 09:49:04 pm »

I believe Trump has a better chance against Hillary than the other GOP finalists.

He is willing to play hard. He truly is NOT from the political establishment. He is NOT a career politician.

He raises issues which others want soft-pedaled, like illegal immigration, muslim terrorists walking in, unfair trade etc.

I have a BIL from the New Jersey suburbs of NYC. Tony. Tony don't talk pretty, softly or correctly.

Sure Trump has money, but he didn't come from a family with generations of blue blooded aristocracy, and nice politically correct speech.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln