Author Topic: New Trump Ad on Hillary is hard Hitting. "Is Hillary really protecting women"  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Is Hillary really protecting women? New Trump Ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc_xv4Xl2kU
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Is Hillary really protecting women? New Trump Ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc_xv4Xl2kU

It's not a very good ad.  I mean, it slams Bill, but doesn't connect it in any way to Hillary other than with a random cackle that has no context. 

What would have made it effective is if they'd added that clip of Hillary saying that any woman who reports a rape deserves to be believed.  At the core, that is really the statement that justifies this angle of attack.  She wants to pander to women by saying that men should be presumed guilty, but clearly does not believe that to be true herself. And as long as she maintains that ridiculous position, her husband is perfectly fair game.

The other thing they could have done was ad in the clip of her saying she's going to Bill in charge of the economy, then have her cackle.

Offline Mechanicos

It's not a very good ad.  I mean, it slams Bill, but doesn't connect it in any way to Hillary other than with a random cackle that has no context. 

What would have made it effective is if they'd added that clip of Hillary saying that any woman who reports a rape deserves to be believed.  At the core, that is really the statement that justifies this angle of attack.  She wants to pander to women by saying that men should be presumed guilty, but clearly does not believe that to be true herself. And as long as she maintains that ridiculous position, her husband is perfectly fair game.

The other thing they could have done was ad in the clip of her saying she's going to Bill in charge of the economy, then have her cackle.
Trump plays chess, I have little doubt its only a part of whats coming once the Clinton rapes are back in the Public short term memory.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Trump plays chess, I have little doubt its only a part of whats coming once the Clinton rapes are back in the Public short term memory.

The public doesn't have a long enough memory to remember this pointless ad, and then connect the dots much later.  You want an ad that's a zinger when it is run, and this isn't it.

Offline sinkspur

Is Trump too cheap to afford anything but an 18 second ad?  Bill Clinton is not running for president. 

Trump seems not to know that. 

She's going to have a treasure chest of stupid sh*t Trump has said for the last nine months, to say nothing of all the many things he's said on Howard Stern and other venues.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online kevindavis007

Who gives a sh*t about Bill Clinton. He is not running for President.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

He's not, but she has deliberately chosen to use him as a campaign surrogate, and that alone makes him fair game.  I mean, if some Republican used David Duke as a surrogate, the media would be going nuts.
There's also her saying that he'd be in charge of some aspects of the economy, and her "women should always be believed" statement that make him fair game as well.

The bottom line is that she can't involved him so openly in her campaign and then claim he's off limits.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Exactly.  Trump has gone after his GOP opponents and Billy Bob, but has been rather tame in his attacks on Hillary.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online kevindavis007

Exactly.  Trump has gone after his GOP opponents and Billy Bob, but has been rather tame in his attacks on Hillary.

I have noticed that as well. Somehow I'm not surprised.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I have noticed that as well. Somehow I'm not surprised.

IMO, all these recent remarks about Bill's behavior and Hillary's phony position as a defender of women's rights...are purely strategic and defensive in nature.

One on one in a debate...Hillary will not be able to withstand Trump's attack.   

Her knowing the name of the Queen of Jordan....AND $1.75 will get you a 16oz coffee at your local 7-11.     :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

I wasn't aware that Bill Clinton was running for president. Is this 1992 or 1996; i.e., at least 20 years ago?   Some voters weren't even born then.  Traction = 0.

Offline sinkspur

IMO, all these recent remarks about Bill's behavior and Hillary's phony position as a defender of women's rights...are purely strategic and defensive in nature.

One on one in a debate...Hillary will not be able to withstand Trump's attack.   

Her knowing the name of the Queen of Jordan....AND $1.75 will get you a 16oz coffee at your local 7-11.     :whistle:

I'm betting Trump STILL doesn't know what the nuclear triad is.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online kevindavis007

I wasn't aware that Bill Clinton was running for president. Is this 1992 or 1996; i.e., at least 20 years ago?   Some voters weren't even born then.  Traction = 0.

I forgot as well..

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm betting Trump STILL doesn't know what the nuclear triad is.

:beer:   touche'
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I actually think this kind of attack works, and makes sense early in the general election campaign.  Bill still has some cache with some groups, but he's not nearly as popular with others -- particularly younger women.   These attacks are designed to make her choose to which group she is going to pander, and because they're not directly on her, it makes them a difficult thing to counter.

I'll give his campaign some strategic credit for realizing that the image of Bill as a great President in the minds of many independent voters didn't apply to millennials, and also didn't take into account some changed mores.  So his campaign decided to make the "first impression" for millennials about Bill, and it seems to be working.  It's certainly not a "killing blow", but more of a "preparing the battlefield" attack that will limit her options in the general election.  And at the same time, it keeps Trump on the offensive without blowing all the anti-Hillary ammunition they've saved up.