Author Topic: Libertarian VP hopeful stands by Holocaust reference to Trump plan  (Read 449 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Interesting. The Libertarians are starting to go after Trump.    :eatdrink:     Will Trump rebut them or does he think that they are too insignificant? While I am not the least interested in what the Libertarian candidates have to offer; if ever there was a chance for a 3rd party win, it's now.  One plus is they are both 2nd amendment advocates.  I'm wondering which way they would lean in appointing justices?

Libertarian VP hopeful stands by Holocaust reference to Trump plan

Washington (CNN)Former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld is standing by a recent comment he made likening Donald Trump's vow to deport undocumented immigrants from the U.S. to Kristallnacht, an infamous incident during the Holocaust.
Weld, who is seeking to become the Libertarian Party's vice presidential candidate, told The New York Times on Thursday that Trump's plan to remove the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants from the U.S. reminded him of "Kristallnacht," or the "Night of Broken Glass."

"I can hear the glass crunching on Kristallnacht in the ghettos of Warsaw and Vienna when I hear (Trump's plan), honest," Weld told the Times.
The 1938 pogrom against European Jewry occurred when anti-semitic mobs burned synagogues, destroyed Jewish-owned stores and killed scores of Jews, but not in Warsaw, as stated by Weld.
"Is that a little strong, you think, to talk about the Holocaust?" CNN's Jake Tapper asked Weld in an interviewaired Sunday on "State of the Union."
"No, I don't think so. I served five years on the U.S. Holocaust Commission by appointment of President George W. Bush," Weld said. "I'm absolutely certain that, as we said in those years, if we don't remember, we absolutely will forget."...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/22/politics/bill-weld-holocaust-donald-trump/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Libertarian VP hopeful stands by Holocaust reference to Trump plan
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 01:39:16 am »
Interesting.  Just took a look at the forum poll and 35% intend to vote 3rd party; that number is larger than those voting for Trump or Hillary.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 03:09:15 am »
Would this Weld fellow say the same thing about Ike, Roosevelt and Truman deporting all of those back in their terms?

Heck, Roosevelt had Japanese Internment Camps; and maybe that was understandable.

And the VP hopeful refers to Kristalnacht? Bunk I say.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 03:14:52 am »
What a load of crap!  There is no comparison to sending illegals back to their home - and Kristallnacht! 

So, is the Libertarian party open borders?  Sounds like it!

I know they are pro-abortion.

**nononono* **nononono* **nononono*
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 03:21:19 am »
Would this Weld fellow say the same thing about Ike, Roosevelt and Truman deporting all of those back in their terms?

Heck, Roosevelt had Japanese Internment Camps; and maybe that was understandable.
And the VP hopeful refers to Kristalnacht? Bunk I say.

1. FDR ordered internment of certain Japanese, Germans and Italians. (Japanese in California, but not in Hawaii, for instance) *very few today will defend it, even so-called conservatives, but ask a person that lived through those times, and they will defend it.

2. The Jews that were the subjects of Kristalnacht were NOT illegal immigrants.

3. Nations including ours, have routinely and without controversy, deported illegal immigrants.

Weld is outing himself as a liberal whack job. But we already know that nevertrumps will resort to any and all criticisms of Trump, no matter how far to the left the criticism is.

The LP is generally Open Borders, which pleases democrats and moderate, cheap labor express Nafta loving, "Republicans."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 06:58:58 pm »
I am not siding with the Libertarian party at all.  What I find interesting is that they made the news in attacking Trump.  I am also not a Trump supporter, but I find this accusation ridiculous.  I have heard Trump say a lot of bombastic things, but this implies that Trump and company are going to go door to door and round people up! I never heard him say that, nor insinuate that is what he's going to do. This has been the liberal spin since day one.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 07:00:01 pm »
What a load of crap!  There is no comparison to sending illegals back to their home - and Kristallnacht! 

So, is the Libertarian party open borders?  Sounds like it!

I know they are pro-abortion.

**nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Yes.  Johnson and Wendt (who by the way are former GOPe governors) are both pro amnesty.