Author Topic: ******DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE******  (Read 1617 times)

publana

******DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE******
« on: May 21, 2016, 08:23:34 pm »
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:21:50 am by Rikki Tikki Tavi »

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Great article.  Thank you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump isn't killing the Republican Party ... he's dragging it kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Good, damn good, for him!  Thank you, Mr. Trump!!   :patriot:

Wingnut

Put a fork in it.  It is Done.  Killed by an Orange Baboon with delusions of adequacy.

Offline skeeter

Trump isn't killing the Republican Party ... he's dragging it kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Yes he is by gum. According to the writer it no longer will be a 'far right, anti-tax, anti-government' party as represented by reptilian Cruz types anymore.

Yippee.

Bill Cipher

/snicker

Only a true toady would think that. 

Wingnut

^5  Good one.  ;)

May have to change my nick to Leisure Suit Larry

I thought you were a Sheila.... :pondering:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:39:44 pm by Wingnut »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Yes!  A century whereby historians will scratch their heads and wonder how it was that Constitutional Conservatism was perverted into Statist Nationalist Fascism and overt Marxist Communism while principled Conservatives were labelled enemies of the State by both heads of the totalitarian oligarchies running the Uniparty.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline the_doc

Yes he is by gum. According to the writer it no longer will be a 'far right, anti-tax, anti-government' party as represented by reptilian Cruz types anymore.

Yippee.

True Republicanism is a Constitutional ideology that the author doesn't seem to understand. 

The Constitutional Republic of our Framers is far right, anti-tax, and anti-government.  (Have you noticed that our Federal officeholders are sworn ["so help me God"] to defend the Constitution?  Most of them nowadays violate their oath of office incessantly.  I would guess that the author hasn't noticed how much of this is going on--which would explain why he doesn't like real Republicans.)

Offline sinkspur

LOL!!  So you want a party that trashes minorities, women,  is itching to start a trade war, wants to hand over control of the Middle East to Russia, and thinks it's dandy to use torture and kill innocent women and children.

I want no part of such a party!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

We so deserve a better choice than this:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
We so deserve a better choice than this:

That there, is a nice portrait that illustrates in perfect detail what a post-Constitutional velvet coup looks like.

And like suckers, most of the country fell for it.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

Offline the_doc

That there, is a nice portrait that illustrates in perfect detail what a post-Constitutional velvet coup looks like.

And like suckers, most of the country fell for it.

I notice that you frequently refer on these threads to a velvet coup--ostensibly a way of talking about the insidious onset of tyranny without bloody revolution.  But I would go on record as saying that whenever Communists are involved, the tyranny ALWAYS becomes MURDEROUS. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I notice that you frequently refer on these threads to a velvet coup--ostensibly a way of talking about the insidious onset of tyranny without bloody revolution.  But I would go on record as saying that whenever Communists are involved, the tyranny ALWAYS becomes MURDEROUS.

Yes.  The same is true with Fascists.

All 'isms borne of men unmoored from the foundations that forged us as a nation - become bloody genocidal Statists over their own people.

This one here simply happened because this people over the decades voted them into permanent power for a promise of free sh*t, safety and vengeance.

Today, the people want a dictator or monarch to rule - and they don't give two whits about the Constitution.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Spoken like a true progressive Democrat.

"How dare you oppose our radical agenda? It's 2016! Get with the times!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
True Republicanism is a Constitutional ideology that the author doesn't seem to understand. 

The Constitutional Republic of our Framers is far right, anti-tax, and anti-government.  (Have you noticed that our Federal officeholders are sworn ["so help me God"] to defend the Constitution?  Most of them nowadays violate their oath of office incessantly.  I would guess that the author hasn't noticed how much of this is going on--which would explain why he doesn't like real Republicans.)
It wouldn't be quite so "far-right" if the society of the world hadn't lurched far-left in the past few years.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline the_doc

It wouldn't be quite so "far-right" if the society of the world hadn't lurched far-left in the past few years.

Truer words were never spoken.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Yes!  A century whereby historians will scratch their heads and wonder how it was that Constitutional Conservatism was perverted into Statist Nationalist Fascism and overt Marxist Communism while principled Conservatives were labelled enemies of the State by both heads of the totalitarian oligarchies running the Uniparty.

That is quite an imagination you have going. One pursuit you might look into is fictional dramatic writing.

Meanwhile, in the real world we had primaries, and we will hold elections, we will be governed according to the results, thereof.

I am not worried or scared. By comparison I came of adult age during the late 60s-early 70s and that was a bit unsettling.

Riots in the streets, 58,000 dead in Vietnam (same uniparty in charge then), etc. These times are very mild, comparison wise.

If you have puzzlement picking between Trump and Hillary, good luck with other aspects of life. It just ain't that damn complicated.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
That is quite an imagination you have going. One pursuit you might look into is fictional dramatic writing.

If that's how you view history.  Says a lot about your understanding of it.

Meanwhile, in the real world we had primaries, and we will hold elections, we will be governed according to the results, thereof.

Oh yes. The last couple of years is an amazing lesson in being governed according to the results of the will of the people.

I am not worried or scared. By comparison I came of adult age during the late 60s-early 70s and that was a bit unsettling.

Normalcy Bias is often fatal to a people who refuse to recognize what is actually going on.  We're roughly the same age - and those who rioted and revolted back then are now running the show after the velvet coup that most continue to believe never happened.

If you have puzzlement picking between Trump and Hillary, good luck with other aspects of life. It just ain't that damn complicated.

Nope. It 'aint.

Neither of them get my vote or support.

Only my eternal hostility and contempt.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:46:39 pm by INVAR »

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
I left the party the Monday after Indiana.  I will not return unless the party rids itself of the pollution of stumpy and stumpyism.  I will not vote for anyone, including Ted Cruz, who endorses stumpy, including, Jindal, Perry, Walker or Rubio.  A shame.  stumpy has ruined a generation of previously-good conservatives.  I expect that the Republic is at an end.
Former Republican.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
sitetest wrote:
"I left the party the Monday after Indiana."

Dear sitetest:

Offline goatprairie

The Republican Party was supposedly the anti-Strong Man party. We snickered as the libs lapped up King Barack's campaign statements and meekly succumbed to his increasing anti-constitution actions.
"We are not the party of dictators" said many of the big thinkers and top men in the Republican Party and conservative movement. "We are a party of laws and the constitution."
Well then along comes the Orange-faced Toad, and conservatism and rule of law/constitution is out the window. Now many of the big name "conservatives" are wildly cheering Trump and saying to hell with the constitution. "We need a Strong Man to tell us what to do" they bleat.
Even if he wins Trump has ruined the Republican Party. It is now a party of  populists, isolationists, and yahoos. For the latter check out what has become of FreeRepublic.

Offline olde north church

Yes.  The same is true with Fascists.

All 'isms borne of men unmoored from the foundations that forged us as a nation - become bloody genocidal Statists over their own people.

This one here simply happened because this people over the decades voted them into permanent power for a promise of free sh*t, safety and vengeance.

Today, the people want a dictator or monarch to rule - and they don't give two whits about the Constitution.

That would go for non-American born, ineligible Ted Cruz as well.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline olde north church

The Republican Party was supposedly the anti-Strong Man party. We snickered as the libs lapped up King Barack's campaign statements and meekly succumbed to his increasing anti-constitution actions.
"We are not the party of dictators" said many of the big thinkers and top men in the Republican Party and conservative movement. "We are a party of laws and the constitution."
Well then along comes the Orange-faced Toad, and conservatism and rule of law/constitution is out the window. Now many of the big name "conservatives" are wildly cheering Trump and saying to hell with the constitution. "We need a Strong Man to tell us what to do" they bleat.
Even if he wins Trump has ruined the Republican Party. It is now a party of  populists, isolationists, and yahoos. For the latter check out what has become of FreeRepublic.

It's damn near hysterical to think Ted Cruz should even be considered to placed in the same sentence as "Constitution".  Yet so right in a sentence preceding the legality of "rubber phallic devices for personal pleasure for women".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.