Author Topic: Healing the rift with the NeverTrump movement  (Read 15001 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Healing the rift with the NeverTrump movement
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2016, 05:09:13 pm »
I will refrain from direct comment because nothing I can possibly say can damage your reputation any more than your own words.

Except for this: when character does not matter to voters, we get - and already have - the President we deserve.

Accusing principled conservatives who do not support Trump due to his odious personal qualities and lack of coherence of following DU talking points and not thinking for themselves is not going to heal any rift.

Continuing to attack Ted Cruz and smear him as a liar won't win anyone over, either.

Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2016, 05:11:45 pm »
Please....TBR will not tolerate members wishing death or bodily harm on any candidate......and please do not quote this in all your posts as they will be edited too...instead file a post report.

Thanks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2016, 05:14:17 pm »

Now, this is rift healing.   888blackhat

Never made any claims nor posted any articles supporting healing any rifts.

I'm using your own theory of calling out and going after stupid stuff when I see it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2016, 05:14:22 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2016, 05:14:44 pm »
All your silly video proves is you can find Trump talking up any side of any issue at any given time.

I guess that makes TRUMP the liar, doesn't it?

:nono:  We're healing the rift.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 05:26:11 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2016, 05:16:39 pm »

:nono:  We'll healing the rift.

To quote myst:

Who produced and funded this video btw?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2016, 05:22:28 pm »

I mean really, when you're throwing around Hitlerian terms and comparing the nominee to Stalin and Mussolini...you've simply lost all credibility and claim to rationality.

None so blind as those who refuse to see and are woefully ignorant of the lessons of history playing out before their eyes.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2016, 05:26:36 pm »
Accusing principled conservatives who do not support Trump due to his odious personal qualities and lack of coherence of following DU talking points and not thinking for themselves is not going to heal any rift.

They are not interested in 'healing' any rift.  They are interested in CRUSHING, SILENCING and rendering irrelevant every Conservative who will not surrender their principles and bend the knee to their King Presumptive.  They have actually stated that was their aim on various fora and social media.

'Healing the rift' is just another tactic to force Conservatives into line to support a narcissistic cult of personality who funded the Clintons and never mentions the Constitution.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2016, 05:26:57 pm »

Who produced and funded this video btw?

Don't know.  But I think it's safe to assume it wasn't anyone on the Cruz team.   :smokin:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2016, 05:28:15 pm »
Never made any claims nor posted any articles supporting healing any rifts.

I'm using your own theory of calling out and going after stupid stuff when I see it.

So this whole "healing the rift" has become another Trump feeding frenzy.

I'm out. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2016, 05:29:14 pm »

:nono:  We're healing the rift.

I've no interest in healing the rift, politically speaking. The best we can hope for is co-existance.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2016, 05:30:26 pm »
I am not angry that Cruz lost although I am very disappointed. Accusing Cruz supporters of anger is more projection by Trump supporters.

It is very disheartening that the Republican nominee lacks character and humility. I also do not think he is up to the job of POTUS due to his rashness and lack of understanding of the Constitution and government.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2016, 05:31:43 pm »
So this whole "healing the rift" has become another Trump feeding frenzy.

I'm out.

have you ever stopped to think that you invested your time and energy in the wrong guy...and now you're too invested and your pride is too great to admit you're wrong?

This isn't a feeding frenzy.  It's a reaction to the ludicrous assertion in the OP given the fact that Orange Wonderful has give Conservatives the middle finger and said he doesn't need us.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2016, 05:38:01 pm »
Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on Today at 12:28:42 PM

Cruz went on the attack to stop Trump, and that's fair.  But Cruz attacked with lies about Trump's positions ... and I do not mean subtle stretches of the truth, I mean lies.  Those lies became the core of "Lyin' Ted".  Had Cruz chosen to stick with the truth, he would not have been branded a liar.   :shrug:   In fact, if Cruz had spent more time talking about Cruz and less time lying about Trump, he may have been more successful. 

That is simply not true.

Offline washi

« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2016, 05:46:30 pm »
And that is what is really galling to NeverTrumpers like myself....the complete lack by the supposedly "conservative" pro-Trumpers to acknowledge his tremendous lack of character.  I've mentioned before I've never seen a candidate of any party slander and smear his opponents FROM HIS OWN PARTY!!! like Trump has done.
And now everybody is supposed to come together and hug one another to defeat Hillary? I think not. The opponents of Trump are still trying to clean off the sewage he dumped on them. And the big shots in conservative talk radio and elsewhere are wondering why there's still so much animosity directed at the Gilded Snake? I wonder how that suckup Hannity would feel if Trump called his wife the things Trump called his opponents' wives?
Character, or lack of it with Bill Clinton, is why I left the Donkey Party. I'm not going to vote for another person with similar lack of morals like Trump. And among other reasons I wouldn't vote for him is he's a demagogue .
All true.
He's a dirtbag.
And you and your fellow never-trumpers not voting for him will make you all feel really peachy about you own character, and leave us with the she-devil as president.
Will you be feeling smug every time you hear her screeching, monotone voice belt out a State of the Union address or press conference?
Any organization not explicitly conservative will turn liberal over time.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2016, 06:07:17 pm »
All true.
He's a dirtbag.
And you and your fellow never-trumpers not voting for him will make you all feel really peachy about you own character, and leave us with the she-devil as president.
Will you be feeling smug every time you hear her screeching, monotone voice belt out a State of the Union address or press conference?

Yes, they will be smug and blame the Americans that voted for Trump. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline washi

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2016, 06:09:43 pm »
Cruz went on the attack to stop Trump, and that's fair.  But Cruz attacked with lies about Trump's positions ... and I do not mean subtle stretches of the truth, I mean lies.  Those lies became the core of "Lyin' Ted". 
Total bullcrap, and you know it.

Cruz went out of his way to not go negative about Trump.

Trump went negative on Cruz first, in one of the debates, in Trump's own words: "...because he's doing better now". Meaning: doing better in the polls.

Then, every time Cruz would, truthfully I might add, point out Trump's flagrant policy flip-flops from his very recent, published, liberal positions, Trump would hit back 10 times harder, just like the 5th grade mentality he has, against Cruz; making up the name "Lyin' Ted" to get the rest of you 5th grade mentalities to join him in his schoolyard jeers.

Cruz was, possibly behind Carson, the most principled candidate in the race, and Trump sullied his reputation for sport.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2016, 06:23:30 pm »
All true.
He's a dirtbag.

That's not my problem. You presented me with an intolerable choice, so I will just abstain.

If Hillary is elected, it's your fault for foisting this cretin on the rest of us.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2016, 06:23:56 pm »

All he lacks now is a hard core among the elites and a few bitter extremists who are angry over Cruz losing.

Just to let you know, not a single one of the NeverTrumpers I know in real life are either elites, or die hard Cruz supporters.  They all supported other primary candidates but were repulsed by Trump's tone towards other Republicans.  At the end, that did include his comments towards Cruz's wife and father, but was not because they were fans of Cruz, but rather because they thought that kind of stuff had no business in a Presidential campaign.

You're obviously at liberty to caricature those who dislike Trump as something more easily dismissed, but it is simply not accurate.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2016, 06:26:44 pm »
Yes, they will be smug and blame the Americans that voted for Trump.

Kinda like how smug you are right now trying to guilt me into voting for Trump?

Offline washi

« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2016, 06:32:30 pm »
If Hillary is elected, it's your fault for foisting this cretin on the rest of us.
Not my fault, exactly.

I hate the guy, too.

Cruz was my candidate because he was the most conservative, principled person in the race.

Trump sullied Cruz's reputation for sport and will get the nomination because he managed to rally a bunch of 5th grade mentality idiots to his cause.

But I'm not going to let my butt-hurtedness about my candidate losing lead me to allow the harpy to be my president for the next 4 years.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2016, 06:32:37 pm »
All true.
He's a dirtbag.

You should have thought of that before supporting the dirt bag in the primaries.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline washi

« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2016, 06:34:12 pm »
Kinda like how smug you are right now trying to guilt me into voting for Trump?
So, yes then? Smug?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2016, 06:36:42 pm »
So, yes then? Smug?

Characterize my attitude however you want.  I will not vote for somebody I cannot respect, and I simply cannot respect an unstable, insulting, ignorant presidential candidate.

Offline washi

« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2016, 06:42:54 pm »
You should have thought of that before supporting the dirt bag in the primaries.
I don't think you've been paying attention.