Author Topic: Donald Trump Is Against 'Gun-Free Zones' But Guns Aren't Allowed on Many of His Properties, Staff Says  (Read 2669 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-gun-free-zones-guns-allowed-properties/story?id=39266544

Donald Trump Is Against 'Gun-Free Zones' But Guns Aren't Allowed on Many of His Properties, Staff Says

By CHRISTOPHER GOODCANDACE SMITH  May 20, 2016, 6:06 PM ET

Donald Trump spoke in favor of gun rights at the National Rifle Association convention today, but security and staff at several of his prized hotels and golf courses told ABC News that guests are not allowed to carry guns there.

The Trump Organization, meanwhile, claims that’s not true.

“We strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment and are against gun free zones. While laws vary substantially from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, we allow security personnel and other licensed individuals the ability to carry a firearm in an effort to protect themselves, our guests, associates and the general public,” a spokesperson told ABC News by email.

There are “no restrictions on licensed individuals carrying in our hotels of golf clubs,” a Trump Organization official told ABC News.

Hotel staff and security personnel at several Trump properties told a different story, when reached by phone by ABC.

Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s posh Florida club, doesn’t allow guns, a hotel staff member told ABC News.

Trump National Doral, in Miami, Florida, doesn’t allow guns either, a security official told ABC News. The resort would “much rather not” have guns on the property, said a security official with the hotel, who noted that guns are “not to be carried on our property.”

“We’ve had guests that have brought them before,” he said, but those guns “had to remain in their safe the whole time in the room.”

A security worker at Trump National in Jupiter, Florida, said “no” when asked if guns were allowed on premises by citizens who are licensed to carry them. Asked about exceptions for people like off-duty cops, the staff member directed ABC News to a supervisor, who said the hotel had no comment at all on guns at the property.

Trump International Golf Club in Palm Beach County, Florida, also doesn’t allow citizens with concealed-carry licenses to bring their guns on the property, a golf-shop worker told ABC News.

A security official at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas would not comment and told ABC News the question would have to be handed over to a public relations staffer. Trump Winery, in Virginia, told ABC News that it does allow people to carry guns on the premises, as long as they're not drinking.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Can you say "EFFING HYPOCRITE"?  I knew you could.

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

Just want to make sure the Trumpkins see the hypocrisy of their boy. 

He wants to eliminate gun-free zones, except the gun-free zones at Trump properties.

Offline montanajoe

He should get out in front on this and announce starting today no Trump property worldwide will have gun free zones...oh never mind

Hotel staff and security personnel at several Trump properties told a different story, when reached by phone by ABC.

Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s posh Florida club, doesn’t allow guns, a hotel staff member told ABC News.

Trump National Doral, in Miami, Florida, doesn’t allow guns either, a security official told ABC News. The resort would “much rather not” have guns on the property, said a security official with the hotel, who noted that guns are “not to be carried on our property.”
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:23:30 am by montanajoe »

Offline bolobaby

Why does this make me think of Trump... hmmm...

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Victoria33

Can you say "EFFING HYPOCRITE"?  I knew you could.

Plus he lied, saying Clinton wanted to get rid of the second amendment.  No one can get rid of the second amendment in the Bill of Rights.  I doubt he knew she couldn't take it away and I doubt he has read it, plus I think he has a reading disability.  I heard him speak today and he still can't speak a complete sentence.  He was trying to go by notes but the sentences still come out disjointed and most are incomplete.

Talk about a knee jerk reaction - he said the plane going down was terrorism as soon as he heard it went down.  He will make the worst president since the Garden of Eden and he may get us bombed back to it.  He does not think before his words come out, plus he talks on a fourth grade level which may be why he has many followers.  They think on the same level.

Offline sinkspur

Plus he lied, saying Clinton wanted to get rid of the second amendment.  No one can get rid of the second amendment in the Bill of Rights.  I doubt he knew she couldn't take it away and I doubt he has read it, plus I think he has a reading disability.  I heard him speak today and he still can't speak a complete sentence.  He was trying to go by notes but the sentences still come out disjointed and most are incomplete.

Talk about a knee jerk reaction - he said the plane going down was terrorism as soon as he heard it went down.  He will make the worst president since the Garden of Eden and he may get us bombed back to it.  He does not think before his words come out, plus he talks on a fourth grade level which may be why he has many followers.  They think on the same level.

Trump is stupid except when it comes to knowing how to manipulate the media and the gullible. In that, he is brilliant, which is why he is where he is today.  He has the media around his little finger, and he realized that if he appealed to the basest instincts of angry and upset people (who are usually angry and upset about things anyway), he could capitalize and make them think he has the answer to their problems.

That's why he puts forward these amorphous solutions to immigration, the economy, and foreign policy. Nothing of what he says will work, and he knows it, but his sucker followers don't. They think all this non
sense will be reality when the Donald is in office. 

On Policy, Trump knows no more than you or I.  Which is why he's like jelly when somebody tries to pin him down.  He has no principles, nothing he believes in strongly except his own narcissism.

It just amazes me that so many otherwise intelligent people are lining up behind a man who is unmoored from any morality or decency.   
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:46:05 am by sinkspur »

Offline Victoria33

Trump is stupid except when it comes to knowing how to manipulate the media and the gullible. In that, he is brilliant, which is why he is where he is today.  He has the media around his little finger, and he realized that if he appealed to the basest instincts of angry and upset people (who are usually angry and upset about things anyway), he could capitalize and make them think he has the answer to their problems.

That's why he puts forward these amorphous solutions to immigration, the economy, and foreign policy. Nothing of what he says will work, and he knows it, but his sucker followers don't. They think all this non
sense will be reality when the Donald is in office. 

On Policy, Trump knows no more than you or I.  Which is why he's like jelly when somebody tries to pin him down.  He has no principles, nothing he believes in strongly except his own narcissism.

It just amazes me that so many otherwise intelligent people are lining up behind a man who is unmoored from any morality or decency.

I feel the same way you do.  He is disgusting to hear because he makes no sense.  I have started hitting the mute button to keep him from invading "my space".  If the goofballs of today can have their "safe space", I can have "my space" protected from him.  :facepalm:

Offline Mechanicos

What a short memory the Trump haters have. We were one Supreme Court Judge away from the 2nd being Ruled a collective right not an individual right. That means the end of the 2nd with Hillary's Judge who will overturn Heller.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline RoosGirl

Ok, besides all the Trump is stupid stuff, somewhat related to this I read an article today about Sheldon Adelson throwing support to Trump.  He had previously supported Cruz.  This guy has apparently been a large contributor to Freedom's Watch, which for the most part appears to support conservative values.  Except for this little gem on their website:

Second Amendment

The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right to each American to bear arms. This is a sacred right, but there is nothing wrong with requiring real background checks and registration to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of crazy people, criminals and terrorists. Freedom Watch will take strong action to pursue these principles of self protection and safety for our families.

Y'all caught that part about registration, right?

Offline sinkspur

Anyone who trusts Trump on the 2nd Amendment, when he's already declared he's ready to gut the 1st Amendment so he can sue media companies, is a damned fool.

A-Lert

Ok, besides all the Trump is stupid stuff, somewhat related to this I read an article today about Sheldon Adelson throwing support to Trump.  He had previously supported Cruz.  This guy has apparently been a large contributor to Freedom's Watch, which for the most part appears to support conservative values.  Except for this little gem on their website:

Second Amendment

The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right to each American to bear arms. This is a sacred right, but there is nothing wrong with requiring real background checks and registration to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of crazy people, criminals and terrorists. Freedom Watch will take strong action to pursue these principles of self protection and safety for our families.

Y'all caught that part about registration, right?

What's different than what we have today?

A-Lert

Anyone who trusts Trump on the 2nd Amendment, when he's already declared he's ready to gut the 1st Amendment so he can sue media companies, is a damned fool.

8888crybaby

Offline RoosGirl

What national registration is there?  What states require registration?

A-Lert

When you purchase a firearm from a registered dealer, the buyer is required to fill out an application for the background check. The dealer then has to retain the application for a certain amount of time as designated by the state.

Offline sinkspur

When you purchase a firearm from a registered dealer, the buyer is required to fill out an application for the background check. The dealer then has to retain the application for a certain amount of time as designated by the state.

That's not registration.  It's background check info which is then destroyed.

A-Lert

That's not registration.  It's background check info which is then destroyed.

Destroyed? How quickly? Is the firearms dealer required to keep records of serial numbers of the firearms sold? For how long?

Offline RoosGirl

A-Lert

Depends on the state.  Here is a summary of federal and state laws:

http://smartgunlaws.org/maintaining-gun-sales-background-check-records-policy-summary/

Thanks. I already knew different states had different requirements. Just wanted to see what sinky would come up with this time.

A-Lert

As with all his other hypocrisies, he is an example of what not to do.  It makes him an expert donchaknow?

Hey Rat, why not tell us all again that you are a neverTrump. Some new posters may not know. :silly:

Offline verga

@Victoria33 "The Cambridge police acted stupidly.", "If I had a son...", "No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." , "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." , "I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."

Orange is the New Black.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

@RoosGirl  New York State requires the registration of all Pistols and anytime you buy a pistol or rifle from a FFL dealer the serial number is copied down and the information is forwarded to the government.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Mechanicos

Now that the Neo-Conservatives have salivated to their hearts content against Trump on this. A reminder. Trump is not YET government - so this is not about the 2nd. A Private business has the legal right and liability to put up no-gun's policies. Is it smart? Depends... Do any of you democrat/#neverTrump people know what kind of security is at such places? Hell no...

Offline kevindavis007

As much I hate gun free zones, I think it is up to the people who owns the property or not.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”