Author Topic: Dying ex-senator apologized to Muslims for Trump. 'Would go to people with the hijab and tell them he was glad they were in America'  (Read 618 times)

rangerrebew

Dying ex-senator apologized to Muslims for Trump
'Would go to people with the hijab and tell them he was glad they were in America'
Published: 3 hours ago

Bob Bennett, a former Republican senator from Utah who died earlier this month, spent his final days of life reaching out to Muslims at his hospital and apologizing for Donald Trump.

He reportedly asked his wife from his deathbed, the Daily Beast found: “Are there any Muslims in the hospital?”

The ‘Stop Hillary’ campaign is on fire! Join the surging response to this theme: ‘Clinton for prosecution, not president’

His intent, according to his wife and son, was to soothe any ruffled feathers they may have had over Trump’s comments from the campaign trail about Muslims. Trump, at one point, issued a campaign promise to ban all Muslims from entering the country for a temporary period in order to allow border and security officials to better address terrorism risks facing the nation, and control the threats crossing into America.

Get the hottest, most important news stories on the Internet – delivered FREE to your inbox as soon as they break! Take just 30 seconds and sign up for WND’s Email News Alerts!

Bennett, apparently, found such views and statements abhorrent.

“I’d love to go up to every single one of [the Muslims] to thank them for being in this country and apologize to them on behalf of the Republican Party for Donald Trump,” he reportedly said, according to his wife and son.

His wife said he also spent time apologizing to Muslims on behalf of the GOP.

“He would go to people with the hijab and tell them he was glad they were in America and they were welcome here,” she said, the Daily Beast reported. “He wanted to apologize on behalf of the Republican Party.”

The tea party’s choice, Mike Lee, beat Bennett in the 2010 primary race for Senate. Bennett died from cancer of the pancreas and suffered paralysis from a stroke in his final days.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/bob-bennett-ex-senator-spent-dying-days-saying-sorry-for-trump/#gipQUkvQitbxTesE.99

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I will not criticize what a man does in his last days on earth. But, I believe a Christian might make better use of that time to introduce Muslims to Jesus Christ.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I will not criticize what a man does in his last days on earth. But, I believe a Christian might make better use of that time to introduce Muslims to Jesus Christ.

In this case, he was a Mormon so I don't know if that affects one's answer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Bennett_%28politician%29

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
In this case, he was a Mormon so I don't know if that affects one's answer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Bennett_%28politician%29

My comment is NOT intended to ignite a sectarian squabble.

I question why such an article would have been written at all. Of course,  attracting eyeballs is primary. And bait that inflames religious passions is often bitten on.

NOT accusatory that you are doing that.

Wingnut

To bad this story wasn't about Muslims coming to Bennett's death bed apologising for all the acts of terror their fellow muslims  perpetrated on Americans.

As far as this story.  Whatever helped him find peace in his last days.  It was a Shame the liberal press felt the need to spin it to their end.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
My comment is NOT intended to ignite a sectarian squabble.

I question why such an article would have been written at all. Of course,  attracting eyeballs is primary. And bait that inflames religious passions is often bitten on.

NOT accusatory that you are doing that.

Don't act like a miss goody-two-shoes; we all know LDS goes door to door, we know Jehovah's Witnesses go door to door but to say that they are trying to convert others to Christianity may well be misleading. Might as well say someone who was Jewish should be trying to act Christian.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Don't act like a miss goody-two-shoes; we all know LDS goes door to door, we know Jehovah's Witnesses go door to door but to say that they are trying to convert others to Christianity may well be misleading. Might as well say someone who was Jewish should be trying to act Christian.

Thanks for making my point by attacking my integrity.