Author Topic: Murder Rates in Chicago, L.A., Dallas, Vegas Skyrocket  (Read 336 times)

rangerrebew

Murder Rates in Chicago, L.A., Dallas, Vegas Skyrocket
« on: May 17, 2016, 12:43:45 pm »
Murder Rates in Chicago, L.A., Dallas, Vegas Skyrocket
"Holy cow, do we have a problem."
News
Trey Sanchez

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/murder-rates-chicago-la-dallas-vegas-skyrocket

According to new reports, 2016 is shaping up to be an even more murderous year than last in over two dozen major U.S. cities as homicides rise at their fastest pace yet.

Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas and Las Vegas have seen the worst, all of which experienced increased homicides in 2015, evidenced by acceleration of murders in the first three months of 2016.

Law enforcement officials and experts are saying the increase over the last year is due to many factors, including an uptick in gang and drug-related violence. Yet, many believe cops and citizens are now interacting differently since the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement has shifted attitudes to distrust police.

FBI Director James B. Comey expressed concern over the reports:

"I was very worried about it last fall, and I am in many ways more worried, because the numbers are not only going up, they’re continuing to go up in most of those cities faster than they were going up last year. Something is happening.

"I don’t know what the answer is, but holy cow, do we have a problem."

Amazingly, these disastrous numbers are actually better than in previous decades. The Washington Post uses Chicago as an example. Every year between 1991 and 1995, there were no less than 800 homicides each year. Though the numbers aren't that high now, murders in the Windy City are on track to easily topple 500 this year, making it the third time since 2004.

That does little to comfort Comey, who said: “How does that make any of us feel any better? I mean, a whole lot more people are dying this year than last year, and last year than the year before, and I don’t know why for sure.”

The White House has its own theory, but it has little to do with what's become known as the "Ferguson effect," as Press Secretary Josh Earnest tried to explain:

“This administration makes policy decisions that are rooted in evidence, that are rooted in science. We can’t make broad, sweeping policy decisions or draw policy conclusions based on anecdotal evidence. That’s irresponsible and ultimately counterproductive… [T]here’s not evidence at this point to link that surge in violent crime to the so-called viral video effect, or the Ferguson effect. There’s just no evidence to substantiate that.”

Of course, this is the same administration that has launched investigations into U.S. police departments to root out "systemic racism" among its ranks to try and create a better relationship between cops and citizens. Recommendations made from these "investigations" include hiring people who look like the communities they protect and putting new people in power, as in Ferguson which now has a new black police chief in an effort to ease tensions.

The Obama administration has noticed a link whether it wants to admit it or not.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:45:01 pm by rangerrebew »