Author Topic: No Regrets Ted Cruz 2016  (Read 7051 times)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Re: No Regrets Ted Cruz 2016
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 04:55:02 pm »
I know you've had a lot invested in Ted Cruz.  But if you're serious about a Conservative winning a national election, please--select a less repellent candidate to be the standard-bearer.  I believe deeply that this one change will help conservatives immensely.

I know the knee jerk reaction is to ignore what I've suggested and spew a chain of insulting posts of me, Donald Trump, his children, his friends-- that will go on for days.   

You'd be wise to resist your knee jerk urges and consider what I've said about a less repellent standard-bearer---if you're serious about moving the Conservative branch further up  the food chain.  Ted Cruz is not the guy.
Quote from: Steve Deace
Some of you are telling me you're tired of me telling you the truth about Trump Cult.
 I'm tired, too. Would you like to know what I'm tired of?  I'm tired of self-righteous so-called Christians/conservatives who think a pimp/whoremonger/adulterer/liberal/progressive/pro-Planned Parenthood/serial liar is "definitely better than Hillary." Simply because he has a R after his name and not D.
 I'm tired of people feigning being principled, who would be the first folks condemning Trump and the Democrats if they were the ones stupid and morally lost enough to nominate him as their standard-bearer, and not the Republicans. And I'm tired of those people blasting others for having the integrity to refuse to lower themselves to exactly what they claim to oppose, all because it's on one team instead of another.
 And I don't care how many listeners/readers/followers I lose for saying it. And I'm going to keep on saying it for as long as I have a platform. Even under the threat of losing that platform will I not stop saying it. In fact, such actions will only embolden me all the more that I'm in good company. Because that's pretty much exactly how those who built both the church and this country in ages past acted in the face of such immoral relativism/hackery/group-think in their day, too.
 So do your worst. It's not that I can't be intimidated. It's that I just don't care.
 I'm happy to ban all of you if you can't handle it. Nobody is making you come here. If you haven't gotten the memo by now I'm not one of these nicer-than-God believers who shrinks in the face of your cult-like silliness, you're about to. Not to mention I'm probably a better name-caller than most of you, too. That's why I get paid the better-than-average bucks.
 Have a nice day.
 Galatians 4:16

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 04:59:24 pm »
Trump won a 33 percent plurality of Evangelicals in the state, followed by Cruz with 27 percent and Rubio with 22 percent.

And therein lies the rub.   If non-viable candidate Rubio had packed it in when he should have (nobody was going to support him after his amnesty betrayal)   Cruz would have taken most of Rubio's voters.   

They split the evangelical vote.   Cruz's strategy was just fine,   but not with Rubio in the race.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 05:16:14 pm »

And therein lies the rub.   If non-viable candidate Rubio had packed it in when he should have (nobody was going to support him after his amnesty betrayal)   Cruz would have taken most of Rubio's voters.   

They split the evangelical vote.   Cruz's strategy was just fine,   but not with Rubio in the race.

And what exactly makes you think those Rubio voters, would have gone to Cruz? Coulda, shoulda, woulda ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2016, 05:42:46 pm »
And what exactly makes you think those Rubio voters, would have gone to Cruz? Coulda, shoulda, woulda ??

I don't know what you know about politics,   but I generally keep up with the various demographic predilections of various groups,   especially the splinter groups of the right.   

Rubio voters are not Libertarian.    As a matter of fact,  the "Libertarian"  (really Libertine)   voters make up a teeny tiny portion of the overall electorate.   Trump is attractive to Libertarians,   but much less so to social conservatives.   (They don't believe him,  at least not the sensible ones)   Therefore,   it is axiomatic that if someone wanted Rubio,   then their next most natural fit would be with Cruz.   

Same exact thing happened in Texas.    37% went for Cruz,  18% went for Rubio.   28% went for Trump. 

Let's see,   37 +18 =  55%,  which is Close to his percentage of the vote in the Texas 2012 US Senate election.   

No,  the more rational question is why would anyone think they would  have gone anywhere else?   Is Trump close to Rubio's positions in any sort of way?   Rubio pretty much advertised himself as a conservative,   and his voters were virtually interchangeable with Cruz's voters.   

Rubio only messed himself up when he started supporting Chuck Schummer's Amnesty program.   Had it not been for that,  he might have been a viable Candidate. 

Had Rubio realized he screwed himself up,  and that he couldn't possibly win,   and had he gotten out before South Carolina,   there is a good chance that the momentum would have moved over to Cruz and he would now be our nominee.   

Cruz's  strategy would have worked perfectly if Idiot Rubio had figured out that he was politically,  a "dead man walking." 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 05:49:18 pm »
People, writing in a non-candidate is wasting your vote.

I like Cruz as much as the next guy, but if we are going to stop both Trump and Hillary we need to support a candidate who's actually running.

Right now our choices seem to be Trump, Hillary, Gary Johnson or write in a candidate of your choice.  Johnson is perhaps the lesser of the three evils...sorry not interested.  By not voting for either Trump or Hillary it could deny them the votes needed to win the general.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 06:01:59 pm »
What got me censored over at Free Republic is asking people to support their contentions regarding Ted Cruz's character.   For instance,   I asked them to give me an example of a lie Ted Cruz uttered.   

Do you have an example of a Ted Cruz lie?    Because this "repellent"  claim is based on the "lie" claim,  and the lie claim is itself a lie.    (That and the "His Wife works for Goldman Sachs,  therefore GLOBALIST"  crap.)   

First, the "repellent" I'm referring to could be replaced with "sneaky", "smarmy", "unctuous", "creepy" .... well hopefully you better understand now.

He earned "Lyin' Ted".  He was infuriating.  After listening to a Trump interview or watch a Trump rally, I'd see Cruz on air looking straight into the camera and lying about Trump's stand on ISIS, education, the 2nd amendment, the Iran deal....and I mean Cruz would be lying---not stretching the truth--but outright lying---and doing so with a straight, albeit oil drenched face. 

Cruz started lying in Iowa with Dr. Carson and he snowballed lie after lie after lie after lie into a crushing indictment that politically buried him.  We used to wonder what the hell was wrong with him.  Why couldn't Cruz stop lying?  It was as though it was out of his control. 

And then there were the lies about his path to citizenship and record in the Senate .......

"Lyin' Unctuous Ted"   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onYEr3sFVgM   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onYEr3sFVgM

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 06:16:13 pm »

I don't know what you know about politics,   

I think you are picking through the entrails to convince me:

1. I am a rube that can't know what you know about politics.
2. Your expertise in splinter groups on the right is the path to the answer you seek to sell.

But I am more of a big picture type, have followed politics since 1960, and your guy Cruz has narrow (but deep) appeal. And people simply don't like him.

So let me know when you find the answer to keep people from running. I think the starting line this cycle, shows there is no order but is disorder.

And a lot of evangelicals may be such, in terms of religion, but NOT in politics. Cruz has four years to convince people to fall in line behind him. He has not shown a strong propensity to create winning coalitions, in the Senate or in the primary elections.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 06:24:17 pm »

He earned "Lyin' Ted".  He was infuriating.  After listening to a Trump interview or watch a Trump rally, I'd see Cruz on air looking straight into the camera and lying about Trump's stand on ISIS, education, the 2nd amendment, the Iran deal....and I mean Cruz would be lying---not stretching the truth--but outright lying---and doing so with a straight, albeit oil drenched face. 

Cruz started lying in Iowa with Dr. Carson and he snowballed lie after lie after lie after lie into a crushing indictment that politically buried him.

No.   Here's how this works.  You give me *ONE*  lie,  and I tear apart your false assertion.    Let's start with the only thing you've said about "Started lying in Iowa with Dr. Carson".   

Now you've made that statement.    Provide an example of Ted Cruz lying. Not his staff.  Not members of the media,   but Ted Cruz himself telling a lie regarding this event.     

You made the accusation,   now the obligation is on you to present the evidence to support your claim.   Bear in mind,  to accuse someone of lying,   and not being able to prove that they lied,  makes *YOU*   into the liar.   
— Lord Melbourne —

A-Lert

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 06:30:41 pm »
You're backing the man with the highest unfavorability ratings of any candidate in the history of unfavorability ratings,

The candidate who schlonged all challengers, winning a record number of primary votes and winning the delegate count. Funny how one can be so "unfavorable" and win a record number of votes.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 06:33:32 pm »
The candidate who schlonged all challengers, winning a record number of primary votes and winning the delegate count. Funny how one can be so "unfavorable" and win a record number of votes.
And Ted Cruz supporters are pouting, and claiming to be done wrongly, yet the dominant quality of Cruz is nobody really likes the guy.

He is preachy and arrogant. His own colleagues once voted 98-0 for him to sit down and shut up.

Not anywhere near the type of person, to win a national election. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2016, 06:37:20 pm »
Another hi-jacked thread....it's getting tiresome.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

A-Lert

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2016, 06:37:43 pm »
And Ted Cruz supporters are pouting, and claiming to be done wrongly, yet the dominant quality of Cruz is nobody really likes the guy.

He is preachy and arrogant. His own colleagues once voted 98-0 for him to sit down and shut up.

And as one neverTrump sore loser so succinctly stated; "Lawyers lie for a living". :silly:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2016, 06:44:23 pm »
And as one neverTrump sore loser so succinctly stated; "Lawyers lie for a living". :silly:

And yet Trumps likes are like a mountain compared to Cruz's molehill. Let's not mention the hypocrisy, like Trump hiring that Soros/Goldman Sachs guy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2016, 06:45:49 pm »
I think you are picking through the entrails to convince me:

1. I am a rube that can't know what you know about politics.

You haven't said anything so far to disabuse me of that notion. 

2. Your expertise in splinter groups on the right is the path to the answer you seek to sell.

One of my things is objectivity.   I have never been able to lie to myself,   I generally look at everything cynically and pessimistically.    I'm not trying to sell anything,   i'm stating what I see from where I stand.   

But I am more of a big picture type, have followed politics since 1960, and your guy Cruz has narrow (but deep) appeal. And people simply don't like him.

I know.  I've been saying for months that he won't do as well in the General as would Trump,   but that he would still beat Hillary anyway.    The key to this election is how horrible of a Candidate Hillary is,   not how great of a candidate we have.   

He didn't need to appeal to people in the General,  he just had to be "Not-Hillary"   and that would have been sufficient for him to win.   All he had to do was get through the primary,   and had Rubio realized he self destructed last year,    Cruz would have likely won the primary.   

So let me know when you find the answer to keep people from running. I think the starting line this cycle, shows there is no order but is disorder.

Everyone had the same realization.  After Obama,  and with witch Hillary,   virtually every ambitious pol out there saw the Republican ticket as having a natural advantage in this next election.   The "black"  thing ain't gonna work for Hillary,   and the "Woman"  thing won't  work nearly so well as did the "black"  thing.   Hillary has an illusion that it will,  but even as women go,  she's a thoroughly unlikable one.   

The primary was so crowded because every one of them knew that if they could just win the primary,   they would have mostly clear sailing on to the Presidency.   Even Trump felt the time was ripe to run on the Republican ticket.   

And a lot of evangelicals may be such, in terms of religion, but NOT in politics. Cruz has four years to convince people to fall in line behind him. He has not shown a strong propensity to create winning coalitions, in the Senate or in the primary elections.

His strategy didn't need it.   What his strategy needed was to win the core constituency of the Republican party, (mainly the primary voters)  and by the time the General came along,   the rest,  more moderate members of the party would go "Cruz,  I guess."   

Cruz has been planning on running for President for a very long time.   Everything he did as a Senator was geared toward's endearing himself to the party's primary voters.   Had Trump not jumped in,  and had Rubio realized he was screwed,   Cruz would have cinched it,   and he could have worked on his image a bit in an effort to attract the General election voters,   but his Ace in the hole was the fact that Hillary is a ugly and hate-filled witch who had a long past of lies,  deceit and criminality. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2016, 06:46:22 pm »

You mean like Trump whining the whole time that the GOP wasn't treating him fairly? Cruz is a piker in relation to Trump's preachy arrogance, not to mention being a world class bully.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 06:47:18 pm »

Watch out. I am being stalked, by the creators and proponents of an echo chamber.

Not toeing the echo chamber line is now "thread highjack."

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2016, 06:49:39 pm »

You mean all those guys who were absolutely wrong about how to  deal with Obama was telling the one guy who was correct,   to sit down and shut up?    And we should be mad at the guy who was right when all those other saps were wrong?   Why?   

As the old joke goes,   he doesn't have to outrun the bear,   he just has to outrun Hillary.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2016, 06:52:03 pm »
Watch out. I am being stalked, by the creators and proponents of an echo chamber.

Yeah I have nothing better to do all day but to stalk you of all people...why don't you pm R and cry to her!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2016, 06:53:08 pm »

Sounds more like the angry Trump mob having a hissy because there's a thread that dissents against their Dear Leader, on a Cruz thread no less. All disagreement must be crushed.

You realize that Jim Rob isn't coming to save you?

Maybe singing the TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP song will help.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 06:53:36 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2016, 06:55:10 pm »
Had Trump not jumped in,  and had Rubio realized he was screwed,   Cruz would have cinched it,   and he could have worked on his image a bit in an effort to attract the General election voters,   but his Ace in the hole was the fact that Hillary is a ugly and hate-filled witch who had a long past of lies,  deceit and criminality.

I will concede that Cruz MIGHT have won a primary without strong opposition. I doubt he could defeat a democrat in a national election. The country is not nearly as far to the right for that.

If you think Trump was hard on him, consider the left-media going after his father's church things; the "AnoinTED" aspect etc.

Not to mention the "help" from Crying Glenn Beck, etc.

Cruz may be book smart, and he can debate in college, but he is not common-sense smart, or those two would have not been close to him, IMO.

A-Lert

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2016, 07:15:55 pm »
And yet Trumps likes are like a mountain compared to Cruz's molehill. Let's not mention the hypocrisy, like Trump hiring that Soros/Goldman Sachs guy.

:huh?:

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2016, 07:27:32 pm »
I will concede that Cruz MIGHT have won a primary without strong opposition. I doubt he could defeat a democrat in a national election. The country is not nearly as far to the right for that.

If he were up against Bernie Sanders,  he would be in Trouble.   H3ll,  Trump would have a harder time against Sanders than Clinton.   

But against Hillary?    Cruz would stomp her in the mud.   I've been watching her since the 1990s.   She is a vile and scandal ridden hag,   and it would take very little in the way of campaign ads to demonstrate what a horrible person she is. 

If you think Trump was hard on him, consider the left-media going after his father's church things; the "AnoinTED" aspect etc.

I have no doubt that they would try that angle,   but I expect he already has a counter for it.   Perhaps citing JFK's  statements about his religion  or something. 

Not to mention the "help" from Crying Glenn Beck, etc.

Cruz may be book smart, and he can debate in college, but he is not common-sense smart, or those two would have not been close to him, IMO.

By the time they came along to "help"  him,  he was already in trouble.   The field was too crowded,  and both Jeb (Pansy Idiot)   and Rubio( Idiot)  needed to get hit with a clue bat.   

Not distancing himself from  Beck and Co.  was a consequence of his dire position at the time.    Trump was an unexpected player who was helping him at first,   but over time became increasingly dangerous  to him.     

At this point,  Cruz was needing help from any direction he could get it.   Whether it helped him more or hurt him more is a matter of conjecture.   It would certainly hurt him in the General,   but if he couldn't win the primary,   he wouldn't have to worry about the General.   

He saw Beck as helping him in the Primary.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2016, 08:04:27 pm »
:amen:  Very well stated.  I will continue to proudly support Cruz.  I firmly believe one way or another, he will lead us to restoring this country.

Me, as well.  I can't believe people have bought into the false narrative about Cruz.  He's pretty much 1 of 5 or so Senators who give a crap about us.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2016, 08:27:55 pm »
Me, as well.  I can't believe people have bought into the false narrative about Cruz.  He's pretty much 1 of 5 or so Senators who give a crap about us.

Sen Cruz is a Freshmen Senator and a "Rookie" on the National stage.  He will learn from his mistakes.  He will broaden his base and appeal to other groups such as youths, libertarians, Latinos, etc.  As the "No Regrets" video ends, "To Be Continued..."

It will be interesting if Sen Cruz is allowed to speak at the convention.  Right now, I just can't picture Sen Cruz standing on the same stage with Mr. Trump holding hands.  History may repeat itself.  I expect students in a hundred years to be discussing this election in the history books.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy57g5ptpSs

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2016, 08:32:51 pm »
Hell, I have no regrets supporting Rubio.. #NeverTrump
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:33:12 pm by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”