Author Topic: Trump: My tax rate is 'none of your business'  (Read 2635 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: My tax rate is 'none of your business'
« on: May 13, 2016, 01:06:24 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/279790-trump-my-tax-rate-is-none-of-your-business

May 13, 2016, 07:27 am
Trump: My tax rate is 'none of your business'
By Harper Neidig

Republican presumptive nominee Donald Trump on Friday told George Stephanopoulos, host of ABC’s “Good Morning America,” that his tax rate is “none of your business.”

“It’s none of your business, you’ll see it when I release,” he said during a call-in to the show. “But I fight very hard to pay as little tax as possible.”
Trump has come under fire recently for waffling on whether to release his tax returns.

This week he said he would not release them before the election, then backtracked to say he would release them as soon as he was done being audited.

Leaders from both parties have called on Trump to release his taxes, something every major presidential candidate has done for the past 40 years.

This week, 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney said it would be "disqualifying" for a White House bid to refuse to release the forms.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump: My tax rate is 'none of your business'
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 01:08:13 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 01:13:29 pm »
Smart move. If the issue is his wealth that's already covered with the SEC regulated financial filings he gave to the Federal Election Commission at the beginning of his Campaign. The ONLY reason the Left wants his tax paperwork is to create attack hit pieces.

I include Romney and the other Rinos making noise here in the description of the left, and none of them are leaders.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 01:16:45 pm »
Smart move. If the issue is his wealth that's already covered with the SEC regulated financial filings he gave to the Federal Election Commission at the beginning of his Campaign. The ONLY reason the Left wants his tax paperwork is to create attack hit pieces.

I include Romney and the other Rinos making noise here in the description of the left, and none of them are leaders.

It's becoming clear why, in the beginning, it was "I'm very, very, very rich.!"

Wasn't so much  being braggadocious as it was ensuring we wouldn't have a Romney redux.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kjam22

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 01:25:19 pm »

Wasn't so much  being braggadocious as it was ensuring we wouldn't have a Romney redux.
.   King Trumpy says I fight very hard to pay as little tax as possible.   AND  Says Ive done very well. I wouldnt mind paying more taxes. The rich won't mind.  The rich are going to pay more.     And King Trumpy worshipers just love it
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 01:31:04 pm »

Trump called on Romney to release his tax returns when he ran ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Bill Cipher

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 01:42:31 pm »
That means it's very low and will provide ammunition to the DNC.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 01:54:35 pm »
I personally don't care and never have..it's not a steadfast rule that candidates do this.
Support the USO

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 02:04:08 pm »
.   King Trumpy says I fight very hard to pay as little tax as possible.   AND  Says Ive done very well. I wouldnt mind paying more taxes. The rich won't mind.  The rich are going to pay more.     And King Trumpy worshipers just love it

While you attempt to insult worshipers, you reveal a lack of clarity of thought on your part.

Trump, as well as most Americans, pays as little taxes as possible. I don't know a single soul who sends in extra taxes to the IRS.

Trump says he can afford more taxes. What he's saying is the tax code isn't right, and it allows very wealthy people to avoid taxes. Do you dispute that?

Ok, saying the rich won't mind, as if he speaks for all rich people, that's over the top. But, few rich people would publicly challenge him on that.

I know you anti Trump folks have to bash him at all times, in any context, but you'd do well to save criticism for things that are issues.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 02:06:44 pm »
While you attempt to insult worshipers, you reveal a lack of clarity of thought on your part.

Trump, as well as most Americans, pays as little taxes as possible. I don't know a single soul who sends in extra taxes to the IRS.

Trump says he can afford more taxes. What he's saying is the tax code isn't right, and it allows very wealthy people to avoid taxes. Do you dispute that?

Ok, saying the rich won't mind, as if he speaks for all rich people, that's over the top. But, few rich people would publicly challenge him on that.

I know you anti Trump folks have to bash him at all times, in any context, but you'd do well to save criticism for things that are issues.

I guess.... in an attempt to add clarity... I would say he is a BIG FAT LIAR.   THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM.  EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS A CON TO MAKE HIS WORSHIPERS CONTINUE TO WORSHIP HIM.     

Is that somewhat clear?
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 02:07:58 pm »
I personally don't care and never have..it's not a steadfast rule that candidates do this.

Well, if he doesn't, the press and the Democrats and some Republicans will dog him about it until he releases them.

So it kinda is a rule.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 02:09:32 pm »
I guess.... in an attempt to add clarity... I would say he is a BIG FAT LIAR.   THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM.  EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS A CON TO MAKE HIS WORSHIPERS CONTINUE TO WORSHIP HIM.     

Is that somewhat clear?

The clarity you bring with a post like that is about you. Trump Derangement Syndrome is real.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 02:10:38 pm »

I care if he's called on others to do so in the past, which he has. Therefore, he's another "for thee, but not for me" liberal.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Relic

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 02:10:49 pm »
Well, if he doesn't, the press and the Democrats and some Republicans will dog him about it until he releases them.

So it kinda is a rule.

Trump has broken a lot of "rules". All of those "mistakes" got him to the nomination.
I'm just sayin'

Offline kjam22

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 02:11:05 pm »
The clarity you bring with a post like that is about you. Trump Derangement Syndrome is real.

LOL... there you go.   Come back in 4 years and explain why he still isn't building a wall.  You're an enabler.....

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 02:12:16 pm »

Really? Let's play a game. You start by posting a time when Trump has told the truth. I'll respond with an example of a lie.

Let's see who runs out first.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline kjam22

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 02:15:12 pm »
Really? Let's play a game. You start by posting a time when Trump has told the truth. I'll respond with an example of a lie.

Offline Relic

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 02:21:48 pm »

Let's play another game. The game is called ASSumptions. The one who makes the most incorrect ASSumptions, loses and earns the moniker derived from the game name.

Let's see.... you want me to defend Trump, when I was simply pointing out blanket generalizations. I further pointed to a statement that had no basis in reality, e.g. "everything he says is a con".

In my attempt to gain clarity, you try to pin me to a position of defending a man I'll vote for, only because I choose a slim chance over pure evil. I've said many times, I dislike Trump, I think he's a huge problem, but a problem created by in impotent, self serving GOP. However, as bad as Trump is, there is a slim chance he'll be better than Hillary. I'll take that chance. Are you ASSuming?

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 02:39:25 pm »
@Relic

OK, not interested in playing. I get it. But, for the sake of clarity, let's review:

1. kjam22 points out that Trump has previously said he's done "very well," and "wouldn't mind paying more taxes," but now he gets defensive about his tax rate and makes it clear that he also works as hard as possible to pay as little tax as possible. (This is all perfectly legal, but it's no different than Pelosi saying, "I hate the super-delegate system, but I'm not going to work to change it. Oh... and I am a super-delegate.")

2. You ask for clarity.

3. kjam22 provides clarity by pointing out that Trump is a serial liar and full of sh!t.

4. You go full FreeRepublic and whip out "Trump Derangement Syndrome" as some sort of retort.

You see, it's resorting to puerile terms like "Trump Derangement Syndrome" instead of relying on facts that cause you to look silly. Why do that? Especially if my invitation to a game shines a light on the fact that kjam22 is actually right - Trump *is* a liar. Just because kjam22 *knows* it, and won't vote for the man, doesn't mean he has any kind of "derangement syndrome." In fact, I would call the person who KNOWS Trump is a serial liar and votes for him anyway - for any reason - as MORE deranged.

You are choosing to continue the "lesser of two evils" pattern we've followed in this country for countless elections. Some of us have said, "Enough. Of the two evils, I choose *neither*."

So, what if that results in Hillary getting elected? Well, at least we'll know who the enemy is, what she is trying to do, and how we need to stop her. The more insidious danger is the enemy who pretends to be your friend. The "John Roberts" type who later stabs you in the back. The Trojan Horse that you willingly let in the front gate only to find out that your whole belief system has been overrun from the inside.

With Hillary in office, we can be principled opposition. With Trump in office, we'll be battered housewives, wondering when we should say, "Enough!"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:41:07 pm by bolobaby »
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 02:40:19 pm »
I'd just point out that since you made the absolutist statement that he never tells the truth, all it would take is someone posting one truthful statement he made, and you lose.

Bruce - check the thread history - I made no such claim.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 02:50:21 pm »
Trump needs to put his money where his mouth is.  Part of the reason why he became rich is he utilized the 'system' and all the tax loopholes; of course he then negotiated numerous bank deals when he hit bottom.  My gut feeling is he probably pays less taxes than someone struggling with kids making only $35,000.00 a year.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Relic

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 02:58:45 pm »
@Relic

OK, not interested in playing. I get it. But, for the sake of clarity, let's review:

1. kjam22 points out that Trump has previously said he's done "very well," and "wouldn't mind paying more taxes," but now he gets defensive about his tax rate and makes it clear that he also works as hard as possible to pay as little tax as possible. (This is all perfectly legal, but it's no different than Pelosi saying, "I hate the super-delegate system, but I'm not going to work to change it. Oh... and I am a super-delegate.")

2. You ask for clarity.

3. kjam22 provides clarity by pointing out that Trump is a serial liar and full of sh!t.

4. You go full FreeRepublic and whip out "Trump Derangement Syndrome" as some sort of retort.

You see, it's resorting to puerile terms like "Trump Derangement Syndrome" instead of relying on facts that cause you to look silly. Why do that? Especially if my invitation to a game shines a light on the fact that kjam22 is actually right - Trump *is* a liar. Just because kjam22 *knows* it, and won't vote for the man, doesn't mean he has any kind of "derangement syndrome." In fact, I would call the person who KNOWS Trump is a serial liar and votes for him anyway - for any reason - as MORE deranged.

You are choosing to continue the "lesser of two evils" pattern we've followed in this country for countless elections. Some of us have said, "Enough. Of the two evils, I choose *neither*."

So, what if that results in Hillary getting elected? Well, at least we'll know who the enemy is, what she is trying to do, and how we need to stop her. The more insidious danger is the enemy who pretends to be your friend. The "John Roberts" type who later stabs you in the back. The Trojan Horse that you willingly let in the front gate only to find out that your whole belief system has been overrun from the inside.

With Hillary in office, we can be principled opposition. With Trump in office, we'll be battered housewives, wondering when we should say, "Enough!"

Yep, we gave them both chambers of congress and they have been principled opposition to Obama, right?
It's more likely the GOP would stand in Trump's way then they would Hillary Clinton, the first female president.

If you say Trump is a liar, I won't dispute. I won't pull out the feared TDS tag. If you respond to a call for clarity with a blanket statement that is demonstrably false, ("everything Trump says is a con"), then you earn the tag.

Trump isn't a good man. I understand why some won't vote for him. It's my opinion that the slim chance that Trump will do some good, outweighs voting for Hillary who is evil, and we know what she'll do. I can't persuade someone to vote Trump, because he is incredibly flawed. But, Hillary will make Obama look like a moderate.

Offline Relic

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 03:00:23 pm »
Trump needs to put his money where his mouth is.  Part of the reason why he became rich is he utilized the 'system' and all the tax loopholes; of course he then negotiated numerous bank deals when he hit bottom.  My gut feeling is he probably pays less taxes than someone struggling with kids making only $35,000.00 a year.

Trump needs to pay the minimum the law requires him to pay. Don't like the law? Get it changed.

You want him to pay more voluntarily? Is that what you're saying?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 03:06:45 pm »
Trump has broken a lot of "rules". All of those "mistakes" got him to the nomination.
I'm just sayin'

He'll have to release his returns.  He knows that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 03:31:29 pm »
If you say Trump is a liar, I won't dispute. I won't pull out the feared TDS tag. If you respond to a call for clarity with a blanket statement that is demonstrably false, ("everything Trump says is a con"), then you earn the tag.

Well, maybe kjam22 used some *slight* hyperbole, but - without arguing the accuracy of Politifact - they analyzed 140 Trump statements and found that *only* 11 were at least "mostly true."

When you couple that with things like this...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/donald-trump-alter-ego-barron/2016/05/12/02ac99ec-16fe-11e6-aa55-670cabef46e0_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

The picture of a con man really does start to add up. Plus, we get to see him flip-flopping on his positions almost daily.

So, kjam22 is more accurate that not. By a long shot. Which is why I suggested the "game," because I know it would be easier to find waaaaay more lies than truthful statements out of Trump.

Oh - and finally - I am NOT expecting the GOP to be principled opposition. That's not what I said. I said "I, we" - that is, the people who are #NeverTrump. The GOP is going to nominate this dirtbag. Count me out. The GOP is a joke. We all know it.
1. Trump is never wrong.