Author Topic: Facebook CEO to meet with conservatives over bias allegations  (Read 301 times)

Offline BuckeyeTexan

Facebook CEO to meet with conservatives over bias allegations

May 12, 2016 - 10:40 PM EDT
BY David McCabe

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg promised Thursday night that he would meet with “leading conservatives” about allegations the platform suppressed right-leaning content in a section devoted to trending stories.

“In the coming weeks, I'll also be inviting leading conservatives and people from across the political spectrum to talk with me about this and share their points of view,” he said in a post. “I want to have a direct conversation about what Facebook stands for and how we can be sure our platform stays as open as possible.”

He also said that “to serve our diverse community, we are committed to building a platform for all ideas.”

(Excerpt)
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Facebook CEO to meet with conservatives over bias allegations
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 04:20:04 am »
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg promised Thursday night that he would meet with “leading conservatives”

Let me guess who is on the guest list as Conservatives. Sidney Bloomenthal, Rosie O'Donnell and Chris Matthews.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 04:23:07 am »
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg promised Thursday night that he would meet with “leading conservatives”

Let me guess who is on the guest list as Conservatives. Sidney Bloomenthal, Rosie O'Donnell and Chris Matthews.

....and Donald J. Trump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 04:33:54 am »

Well, we know it won't be actual conservatives. So there's that.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 09:32:56 am »
Why is Zuck wasting time meeting them? They're all on FB, he knows what they think already.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink