Author Topic: Washington Post has assigned 20 reporters to look for dirt on Trump  (Read 1515 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

URL: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/05/washington_post_has_assigned_em20_reportersem_to_look_for_dirt_on_trump.html

Thomas Lifson

Bob Woodward has let the cat out of the bag: the Washington Post is all in on finding dirt, or as he put it, “doing articles about every phase of his life."  In these days of shrinking newsrooms, such a major bloc of editorial resources assigned to the life of a very public man is extraordinary. Pardon my skepticism, but I am doubtful that the Post has a comparable investment in examining every phase of Hillary Clinton’s (or Bernie Sanders’s) life.

Woodward dropped the bombshell in an address to the National Association of Realtors, for which he no doubt was well paid, though not in the $300,000 range commanded by Hillary Clinton.

Paul Bedard reports in the Washington Examiner:

Woodward, who has interviewed Trump, said that he has begun looking into Trump's New York real estate deals. "The New York real estate world is more complex than the CIA," he said.

The paper’s attitudes toward Hillary Clinton?

He also said that the paper is trying to get to the "essence" of Hillary Rodham Clinton, but he dismissed suggestions that she used a personal email server to distribute classified information.

"I don't think anyone feels that there was intent on her part to distribute classified information in a way that was illegal or jeopardized security," he assured the crowd.

This formulation is suspiciously close to the Hillary Party Line, emphasizing intent (“no emails marked as classified”) over negligence, and ignoring completely the question of motive in setting up a private, unsecured email server not subject to FOIA rewquests. Suspicion toward motive is well justified considering Hillary’s initial story, that she wanted the convenience of using one device, has been shown to be fraudulent, since she regularly had more than one such email-capable machine in her possession.

Where is the legendary skepticism of the Watergate reporter?

Woodward did promise the Post will cover both candidates in depth:

He said that Bezos has urged the Post to run as many stories on Trump and the other candidates so that voters can't say they didn't know about the eventual president.

"He said, 'Look the job at the Washington Post has to be tell us everything about who the eventual nominee will be in both parties, 15 part, 16 part series, 20 part series, we want to look at every part of their lives and we're never going get the whole story of course but we can get the best attainable," said the famed reporter.

Hillary Clinton has enough scandals to occupy 40 reporters digging between now and November, starting with her remarkable cattle futures trading that netted her $100,000 when her husband was governor of Arkansas, and which, once that round figure was reached, was never again practiced, despite her demonstrably stellar skills at a highly risky investment field.

Offline GrouchoTex

Did anyone really expect the Washington Post to do anything differently?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I expect a deadly barrage of scandals and dirty business deals. Trump will be destroyed by the press.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Washington Post has assigned 20 reporters to look for dirt on Trump

They can't afford to hire all the ones they would need to look for dirt on Hillary. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Suppressed

Washington Post has assigned 20 reporters to look for dirt on Trump

Washington Post has assigned 20 reporters to look for Hillary under the dirt
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline kidd

• He's had affairs.
    He's been married three times
    Mr. America-First has his clothing made overseas
    His buildings are built with illegal labor (although mostly out of his control)
What else is there?

Trump has already been through the dirt-digging phase and came out unscathed.
I hope the Post will employ half the resources on Clinton (yeah, right)

Online mountaineer

Trump has already been through the dirt-digging phase and came out unscathed.
I hope the Post will employ half the resources on Clinton (yeah, right)
Yep. Trump's "dirt" is known. Hillary's has been hidden (but not entirely) by her enablers at NYT/WashPost, et al.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline the_doc

SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

URL: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/05/washington_post_has_assigned_em20_reportersem_to_look_for_dirt_on_trump.html

This is one of the lesser but still ominous reasons why I currently believe Trump would/will get slaughtered by Hillary.  And whether we #NeverTrump folks like it or not, we are going to play a big factor in Trump's losing effort.  (In fact, the very existence of a #NeverTrump movement among Republicans, when combined with any revelations [or even serious allegations] of Trumpian dirt, will drain away even more votes from those who are currently planning to vote for Trump.)

In short, Donald Alinksy Trump is going to run into Hillary Alinsky Clinton's buzz saw.  And Hillary was regarded by Saul Alinsky himself as his best student ever.  (Besides, Hillary's propaganda organization of hardcore Alinskyites is much bigger and much more seasoned and much better funded and much better media-connected than Trump's piss-ant team of slanderers.  Trump will find himself way over his head in the general election.)

As a side note to underscore my warning to Trump's overly enthusiastic supporters, I heard on the John Bachelor show a few nights ago that all Hillary has to do to win the White House is to hold on to their historically subborn/stupid Blue Wall of the 242 electoral votes that the Dems have gotten in the past six elections--including even their losing elections against better candidates than Trump--and then go on to pick up Florida or its equivalent in toss-up states.  What is even worse, the Dems will most assuredly CHEAT in the balloting.  (We can't beat the Dems unless we beat them so badly as to offset their myriad of voting frauds.  Considering Trump's unprecedented unfavorability, that is VERY unlikely to happen.  The best that we could expect, IMHO, is a squeaker loss to Hillary--but more likely a slaughter, IMHO--which is precisely what Republicans would deserve for nominating an insufferable RINO jerk, I'm afraid.)

Putting it all together, I think we can partially explain why the Dem's behind-the-scenes power brokers are still backing Hillary despite her own ugly baggage.  They really do have reason to be confident (?) that Hillary can beat Trump.  Compared to Hillary, Trump is an amateur liar and slanderer.

Offline Mechanicos

I expect a deadly barrage of scandals and dirty business deals. Trump will be destroyed by the press.
The more the establishment attacks Trump directly and thru their surrogate media the better he will do.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Resp3

He's had affairs.
He's been married three times
Mr. America-First has his clothing made overseas
His buildings are built with illegal labor (although mostly out of his control)

What else is there?

His mob connections.

Offline verga

Re: Washington Post has assigned 20 reporters to look for dirt on Trump
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 05:34:39 pm »
And the usual proctological exam begins. Fortunately he has as much shame as Hillary, so its no big deal unless he has a dead girl or a live boy in his bed.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline the_doc

Re: Washington Post has assigned 20 reporters to look for dirt on Trump
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 05:42:00 pm »

I agree.  But I would separately point out that Hillary doesn't even need for the press to destroy Trump for her to beat him.  She just needs to blunt his momentum--i.e., to more or less neutralize him in the eyes of his prospective voters.

As I pointed out, Trump is starting out behind a woman with maniacally committed voting blocs.  (See my #7.)