Author Topic: North Carolina Republicans brace for 'bathroom law' blowback  (Read 1976 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: North Carolina Republicans brace for 'bathroom law' blowback
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2016, 04:08:18 pm »
I just don't see this as that big of a deal.  Others obviously do.    13 states have non-discrimination laws in public accommodations, and I'm not aware of rampant sexual assaults in any of these states. 

A solution in search of a problem is how I see this.  You might differ.

What about the matter of a branch of the federal executive interpreting the Civil Rights Act and imposing that interpretation upon a state as if their interpretation was the law of the land?

Because that is what is going on here.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 04:15:30 pm »
I just don't see this as that big of a deal.  Others obviously do.    13 states have non-discrimination laws in public accommodations, and I'm not aware of rampant sexual assaults in any of these states. 

A solution in search of a problem is how I see this.  You might differ.

I differ and here's why:  If liberal cities hadn't started shoving the perversions of their leftist constituents down the throats of the population at large, it would have been a solution in search of a problem.  Charlotte focused the minds in the legislature by creating the problem with a city ordinance forcing business to do as Target has done, which is let anybody use any bathroom.  This goes well beyond "anti-discrimination".  I keep saying this, and you keep missing it, so I guess we'll just have to disagree on the import

What I find distressing is the media has distorted the intent and the effects of NC's law, and it grieves me when I see people who are otherwise very sharp at spotting their deception swallow this lie, hook line and sinker.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2016, 04:18:48 pm »
The Potty Wars.

Offline bob434

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2016, 04:27:46 pm »
Yep- crimes by trannies aren't happening- oh wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzwMJAFWLtQ

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2016, 04:46:46 pm »
Yep- crimes by trannies aren't happening- oh wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzwMJAFWLtQ

Is that a solution in search of a problem?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 05:07:03 pm »
What about the matter of a branch of the federal executive interpreting the Civil Rights Act and imposing that interpretation upon a state as if their interpretation was the law of the land?

Because that is what is going on here.

And there are lawsuits on either side.  So the courts will decide this, it appears. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline verga

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 05:34:09 pm »
There are a number of easy ways to squash this so called "blowback"...and I suspect that the vast majority of North Carolinians are not on the side of perverts or mentally ill individuals of the opposite sex sharing facilities with their children.

I applaud the Governor for standing firm in the face of those tyrants from DC.
The Governor and state legislature need to make a joint announcement that any effort by the Federal Government to violate the 10th Amendment will result in the in North Carolina no longer collecting or sending in ANY federal tax.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 05:35:14 pm »
North Carolina Republicans brace for 'bathroom law' blowback

The GOP argument that the law is about public safety has been overrun by a coalition including some of America’s biggest businesses, which says HB2 discriminates against transgender people by, among other things, forcing them to use bathrooms that may not correspond to their gender identities — and the law has come to define the Republican Party in North Carolina.

snip
Just put signs on two doors. "People with Penises" and "People with Vaginas". No gender identity involved. Just the facts.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 05:37:00 pm »
And there are lawsuits on either side.  So the courts will decide this, it appears.

Probably.  I don't know anything about that circuit.  I know if it was here in AZ, it would be the Ninth Circus, and would be struck down yesterday, regardless of the merits.  After the things I've seen this most-often overturned Court do, I would not say "Well, if the 9th overturns it, that proves that this is all about nothing."

But, you are totally correct the courts will decide this, because I don't see either side backing down. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline bob434

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2016, 07:19:09 pm »
Is that a solution in search of a problem?

Nope- it's a video about women victims of violent perverted trannies, and girl victims  of violent perverted trannies- period- Again- the solution to the problem of transexual and pervert crimes against women and girls isn't to make it easier for the problem to occur - You do not pass a law allowing pedophiles free access to day care centers because you feel sorry for them and 'want them ot feel comfortable'

Why the hell is this even a topic of discussion? It's a no brainer!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2016, 07:42:40 pm »
Nope- it's a video about women victims of violent perverted trannies, and girl victims  of violent perverted trannies- period- Again- the solution to the problem of transexual and pervert crimes against women and girls isn't to make it easier for the problem to occur - You do not pass a law allowing pedophiles free access to day care centers because you feel sorry for them and 'want them ot feel comfortable'

Why the hell is this even a topic of discussion? It's a no brainer!

Because too many people, good conservatives, are buying the press' spin on what the NC law says and does.
I will NOT comply.