Author Topic: Joni Ernst Shuts Out Trump VP Talk  (Read 941 times)

Offline libertybele

Joni Ernst Shuts Out Trump VP Talk
« on: May 10, 2016, 01:35:40 am »
Interesting.  This is one of the VP's that Cruz was considering...looks like Trump is following his lead.  Only thing is,  it seems that Ernst, isn't all that interested.  The list of those not wanting to be Trump's VP keeps growing; Ernst, Rubio, Kasich, Martinez, Scott, Haley have all shut the idea out. So far it looks like jelly-doughnut boy or Caribou Barbie will be Trump's VP.   :silly:
Joni Ernst shuts out Trump VP talk

Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) is rapidly rising to the top of the list of potential running mates for presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump — but she says she's paying no attention.

"I'm just focusing on Iowa right now," Ernst said in a brief interview with POLITICO at the Capitol, declining to rule out the option. "That is my concern."

Both Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), the party's 2008 nominee, and longtime Iowa Republican Gov. Terry Branstad in recent days have floated Ernst as Trump's pick for Vice President. The former Iowa state senator, a rising star among national Republicans, was elected in 2014 after winning a crowded primary race and defeating former Rep. Bruce Braley (D-Iowa).

Ernst did not endorse in the Iowa caucuses this year, although she appeared at a campaign event for Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.).

"She is a very well-respected person that I think can work with the other people in Congress, but she also has a background of having served in county government, having served in state government," Branstad said, according to the Des Moines Register. "She certainly was a team player that we enjoyed working with here in the state of Iowa. So I think that if you want to put together an ideal profile of somebody who would be a great vice presidential candidate, she would be helpful to Republicans in Iowa, as well."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/joni-ernst-veep-trump-222985#ixzz48DE9ByCN
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:36:16 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Joni Ernst Shuts Out Trump VP Talk
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 01:41:00 am »
Interesting.  This is one of the VP's that Cruz was considering...looks like Trump is following his lead.  Only thing is,  it seems that Ernst, isn't all that interested.  The list of those not wanting to be Trump's VP keeps growing; Ernst, Rubio, Kasich, Martinez, Scott, Haley have all shut the idea out. So far it looks like jelly-doughnut boy or Caribou Barbie will be Trump's VP.   :silly:
Joni Ernst shuts out Trump VP talk

Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) is rapidly rising to the top of the list of potential running mates for presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump — but she says she's paying no attention.

"I'm just focusing on Iowa right now," Ernst said in a brief interview with POLITICO at the Capitol, declining to rule out the option. "That is my concern."

Both Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), the party's 2008 nominee, and longtime Iowa Republican Gov. Terry Branstad in recent days have floated Ernst as Trump's pick for Vice President. The former Iowa state senator, a rising star among national Republicans, was elected in 2014 after winning a crowded primary race and defeating former Rep. Bruce Braley (D-Iowa).

Ernst did not endorse in the Iowa caucuses this year, although she appeared at a campaign event for Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.).

"She is a very well-respected person that I think can work with the other people in Congress, but she also has a background of having served in county government, having served in state government," Branstad said, according to the Des Moines Register. "She certainly was a team player that we enjoyed working with here in the state of Iowa. So I think that if you want to put together an ideal profile of somebody who would be a great vice presidential candidate, she would be helpful to Republicans in Iowa, as well."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/joni-ernst-veep-trump-222985#ixzz48DE9ByCN
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Who would want to work with someone that might turn to comments on blood when he is having a bad day?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 01:46:34 am »
Who would want to work with someone that might turn to comments on blood when he is having a bad day?

Good point.  Ernst is new, has a great future in politics.  Why would she link up with this misogynist?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 02:03:40 am »
Good point.  Ernst is new, has a great future in politics.  Why would she link up with this misogynist?

Schumer is probably still an option.....
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 02:28:18 am »
Schumer is probably still an option.....

:laughingdog: