Author Topic: Graham, Bush Refuse to Vote for Trump or Clinton  (Read 979 times)

rangerrebew

Graham, Bush Refuse to Vote for Trump or Clinton
« on: May 09, 2016, 12:00:31 pm »
 Graham, Bush Refuse to Vote for Trump or Clinton
Posted By Natalie Johnson On May 6, 2016 @ 3:37 pm In Politics | No Comments

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R, S.C.) said Friday that he would not vote Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton for president in the November election.

Graham took to twitter to make the announcement, writing in a series of nine tweets that he could not “in good conscience” back Trump and would be skipping the Republican National Convention in Cleveland this summer.

“It’s hard to believe that in a nation of more than 300 million Americans Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will be our choices for President,” he wrote. “I do not believe [Trump] is a reliable GOP conservative nor has he displayed the judgment and temperament to serve as Commander in Chief.”

Clinton meanwhile “represents the third term of Barack Obama & our nation cannot afford to continue those failed policies at home or abroad,” he wrote, vowing that he “absolutely” would not support the former secretary of state.

Graham, who ran an unsuccessful presidential campaign before dropping out last year, has been outspoken in his disdain for the two frontrunners. Just three weeks before he announced he was pulling out of the race, Graham called Trump a “race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot” who should “go to hell.”

The senior senator has ripped into the Republican party throughout the primary elections, claiming that his party has gone “batshit.” He joked too that someone could get away with killing Ted Cruz on the Senate floor.

While he will not be voting for Trump or Clinton, Graham said he would “enthusiastically support” Republicans in congressional races.

Former governor of Florida Jeb Bush added his name to the laundry list of Republicans who have publicly stated they would not vote for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton in the general election this fall.
In a Facebook post published Friday, Bush said that neither leading candidate would steer the U.S. onto a better course.
“Donald Trump has not demonstrated that temperament or strength of character. He has not displayed a respect for the Constitution. And, he is not a consistent conservative,” he wrote, calling Clinton “untrustworthy.”
Former vice president Dick Cheney, who served alongside George W. Bush during his presidency, announced Friday that he would back Trump’s candidacy.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/602512/

rangerrebew

Re: Graham, Bush Refuse to Vote for Trump or Clinton
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 12:06:32 pm »
Aren't these people (I'm sorry, I meant politicians) who have harped at people to make sure they cast votes, how important each vote is, and how it is our patriotic duty to vote?  And now they are throwing temper tantrums over who they won't vote for?  Maybe they now get a sense of the feelings of your average voter and the lunch meat we have had to choose from the past 30 years or so.  Of course they could probably find it in their hearts to vote for Trump if a nice cabinet seat were in the considerations. 888sunglass

Bill Cipher

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 12:10:22 pm »
Aren't these people (I'm sorry, I meant politicians) who have harped at people to make sure they cast votes, how important each vote is, and how it is our patriotic duty to vote?  And now they are throwing temper tantrums over who they won't vote for?  Maybe they now get a sense of the feelings of your average voter and the lunch meat we have had to choose from the past 30 years or so.  Of course they could probably find it in their hearts to vote for Trump if a nice cabinet seat were in the considerations. 888sunglass

Did they ever urge you to vote for Obama or some other liberal?  No.  So they're simply being consistent and not asking you to vote for a liberal now. 

If they were that amenable to being bought - like all the STrumpets - don't you think your boy would have ponied up those "truthful hyperbole" promises already?  Perhaps he has and they didn't take the bait, unlike the STrumpets. 

#NeverTrump
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:12:29 pm by Bill Cipher »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 12:17:42 pm »

The only reason I can think of to explain this is Trump really does threaten the special interest/lobbyist gravy train.  He's promised to end it.

This reaction is a sign, IMHO, of how corrupt the uniparty really, really is.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 12:18:33 pm »

If they were that amenable to being bought - like all the STrumpets - don't you think your boy would have ponied up those "truthful hyperbole" promises already?  Perhaps he has and they didn't take the bait, unlike the STrumpets. 

#NeverTrump

Stop calling me a STrumpet.  Just stop.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 12:27:10 pm »
At least I'm in good company
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 12:32:17 pm »
Stop calling me a STrumpet.  Just stop.

What is a STrumpet??  Is it anything close to a Cruzbot?

As for those refusing to vote for Donny; I see it as people voting their conscious and it's about time.  I will NOT vote for Trump.  I will NOT vote for Hillary.  Neither one of them are worthy of the office of President.

#NEVERTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 12:41:19 pm »
What is a STrumpet??  Is it anything close to a Cruzbot?

As for those refusing to vote for Donny; I see it as people voting their conscious and it's about time.  I will NOT vote for Trump.  I will NOT vote for Hillary.  Neither one of them are worthy of the office of President.

#NEVERTrump

Yes, by all means, do vote your conscious.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 12:41:46 pm »
The only reason I can think of to explain this is Trump really does threaten the special interest/lobbyist gravy train.  He's promised to end it.

The head of Trump's campaign is a 40 year lobbyist with ties to foreign governments (so much for sovereignty) and the finance chairman worked for George Soros LAST YEAR!!!

Throw the rascals in.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 12:42:43 pm »
The head of Trump's campaign is a 40 year lobbyist with ties to foreign governments (so much for sovereignty) and the finance chairman worked for George Soros LAST YEAR!!!

Throw the rascals in.

Good morning, sunshine.  Thanks for the spam.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 12:44:43 pm »
You want to talk spam, talk to your buddies on this board who post the same five articles over and over.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 12:47:14 pm »

Trump's campaign is crawling with lobbyists and crony capitalists, Trump being the biggest crony of them all. 

How does it feel to be neck deep in hypocrisy?

rangerrebew

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 10:05:12 pm »

Obama promised to do the same thing and the result, more lobbyists and money than ever.

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 11:50:44 pm »
Obama promised to do the same thing and the result, more lobbyists and money than ever.

Sure.  But the lobbyists and special interest groups didn't believe Obama would stop the gravy train and continued to donate to his campaign.  They believe Trump.  Most recent point in fact: From another threat on the forum:  A wealthy Cruz donor has chosen to donate to Hillary Clinton, not Trump.  That's very telling.   

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 11:51:57 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 01:15:18 am »
Sure.  But the lobbyists and special interest groups didn't believe Obama would stop the gravy train and continued to donate to his campaign.  They believe Trump.  Most recent point in fact: From another threat on the forum:  A wealthy Cruz donor has chosen to donate to Hillary Clinton, not Trump.  That's very telling.

Trump has no power to affect lobbying in any way. He can not hire lobbyists (although he's hired some already for his campaign), but he can't stop lobbying or special interest groups from doing what they do or giving money.'  One person's special interest is another person's major issue (i.e., pro-life).

It's all bullshit, RIV.  Surely you know that.  Trump is a liar.